Tengu Being Added? Female?

Rubedood

I won't lie, I really like her design. Admittedly, I have a weakness for pretty, elegant asian women, like Setsuka in SC3. Pretty funny though that they couldn't WAIT to show off her face, lol.

Interested in how she fights. Who knows, if she turns out cool, I may pick this game up again.

Sorry, Tengu fans

werewolfgold

Just to let you guys know, I goofed on the reading of her name. It's Nyo-Tengu. "Jogu" won't work unfortunately. Sorry.

Nyogu...?

synce

You know what? Im happy they have a new character.. but at the same time I'm really pissed.

I think this may be the last dlc considering the promised character dlc pack in september...

But god damnit man... Tengu is way cooler, and actually has a back story .. there was something royal about him in a demonic kind of way.. this Jotengu is just.. I dunno what to say man..

I am upset.. she better have a kickass personality With some tengu word stretches and squeels n not some cutesy fartsy playful bullshit.

Btw.. text says nothing.. just that with the return of doa to arcade and its new character marie rose a new character joins... But this time she aint human.. but a tengu.. but because this is doa, even tengus can have nice bodies.. bla bla.. bulshit.. no story..
Fucking hell...

Her backstory is in the bottom right of the scan, although it doesn't really say much. It talks about there being legends of a female tengu and she may have crossed into the human world on a whim. And yes her name is pronounced Nyotengu.

That wingspan and that attack versus Momiji look sick. Definitely maining her

Edit: This is probably unrelated to Nyotengu but I noticed on the far right it talks about gym clothes and overalls DLC... The gym part was already leaked but not the overalls so there you go

Last edited:

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
yeah its Nyotengu .. not Jotengu ... I just read the Kanji on my phone and just noticed the furigana on the side. You're right.

Fucking hell we need a criminal ... an evil bastard .. an epic mustache .. a real man among wussies ... WE NEED RAIDOU !!!

synce

lol Female Raidou and Genra... count on it

This gets me hyped though. H+K was one of my top 3 moves with Tengu

2NKR0tN.jpg
dlw71Ez.jpg

Kohlrak

If you were speaking to a Japanese person you should never refer to a girl as kanojo, it's just weird. You would say her name instead

But yeah I just noticed Femtengu's details were posted on 2ch. So glad she's a legit tengu and not some cosplayer :p

I hear it all the time, actually.

彼女いますか? = Do you have a girlfriend?

自分の彼女いる? = Is your girlfriend around?

彼女と一緒にやったの? = Did you do it (this may or may not imply sex in the context) with your girlfriend?

彼女自身殴った = She hit herself

彼 to mean boyfriend and 彼女 to mean girlfriend comes from how Japanese speak almost as vaguely as possible almost all the time. That in mind, let's take those sentences above exemplifying girlfriend and retranslate them:

彼女いますか = Is there a HER?

自分の彼女いる? = Is SHE around?

彼女と一緒にやったの? = Did you do that with HER?

It's like French: Amie is a (girl) friend, but Mon Amie is my girlfriend (sometimes it can be ambiguous so you use "douce" or "petite" [and i thought i forgot all my french]). That said, i would avoid the situation, personally, so there is no confusion. But even in english, in an age where peoples' sexuality are always important for discussion (for some unknown reason), we still have straight women refer to friends as girlfriends.

However, that's derailing the thread.

EDIT: I like this new tengu already. Doesn't have the fun old guy's personality, but she's still hilarious to me.

Last edited:

sweet_fang

Although I must admit I was a bit disappointed with Team Ninja not giving us Bankotsubo again, I must say this solution seems to be a nice compromise.
However, I agree with the person (sorry, I forgot the name) who said some pages ago that this decision was made using the usual "boobs sell" rule.
Too bad !

Despite all of this, I am kind of intrigued by the new lady.
I just hope they will choose a voice actress with a "darker/gloomier" voice in the English version, because I was a bit dissatisfied with Sato Zhu. Come on ! We finally have a character that is very close to a MILF in a D.O.A. game and still you give her a schoolgirl voice ?!?
=> I personally would LOVE to see Nyotengu being dubbed by Tara Strong with the tone she uses to dub RAVEN in "Teen Titans". Or also Eliza Dushku would be cool too ! Do you remember when she dubbed Ruby Malone in "WET" ?

P.S. Still waiting for next autumn to see if Team Ninja finally decides to make an "Ultimate Arcade Complete Edition" with all characters, levels and costumes. Once I see it, I'll finally buy it, hehe...

Aspect

Wow, I was just WTF'ing as soon as I saw female Tengu. Wasn't it a fan idea aside from all the petitions on original tengu to be readded? If so, I'm honestly surprised and shocked seeing this update after not checking FSD in a while

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD