Tengu Being Added? Female?

Zeo

TN is a development studio. KT is a business.

Typically the development studios are full of people wanting to make the game more fun and as awesome as possible while the corporate side are the ones trying to make it as mind numbingly "accessible" as possible so it "theoretically" generates more income.

I just think it's important to distinguish between the two, as one entity I hold great respect for and the other I would not be sad to see loaded into a missile and fired into the sun.
No arguements here. I'll have to apologize to TN. And @CyberEvil I hope that wasn't directed at me. I try not to speak where I'm ignorant by my comments stand, just pointing at the wrong people.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
If I don't quote or tag anyone, I'm speaking generally. So no, I wasn't directing it at you.

David Gregg

I still predict that this is not Tengu-related outfit DLC (if TN didn't think Tengu would sell what would make them think girls wearing Tengu masks would?). Also look at the detail in the mask with the textures I doubt TN would put that much effort into a mask just for simple DLC. I agree with those saying it's either a new character who is unknown to the DOA universe or (shudders) an Ayane clone.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
heck if all the ninjas are going to have clones might as well gives us Ryu's fiend counterpart

David Gregg

I really think this is the last character...

hopefully we get a stage with him/ her/ it though

I agree EC I hope we get another stage like Miyama or Aerial Gardens but this is not the last character. TN said that there is at least one more character after this.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I agree EC I hope we get another stage like Miyama or Aerial Gardens but this is not the last character. TN said that there is at least one more character after this.

hmmmmm.... I dunno man...

heres the thing ...
They need to let go at one point and focus on new games (which they ARE working on) ..
the game already got its target sales ... anything now is just icing on the cake, which is probably why this really is an ayane clone... less design effort for more return ... its a known fact that the older the game gets the less people buy DLC ... Phase 4 wont sell as much as marie and this character wont sell as much as phase 4 ...

reminds me of the Eva series and how it stretched ... lol

Darkton93

Isn't this one of the Costume Contest entries?

Also, to all those who say Team Ninja is "trolling," why? What would they have to gain from it. 'Cause I know what they have to lose for it: money. And what do companies need to keep afloat? Money. So they don't troll. Otherwise they end up like KyoAni and Capcom. (And for the record, I still support the latter.)

Rachel the fiend Slayer

I dont want a fucking new character with Tengu's move set .. I want Tengu ..

Giving Setsuka a dick and calling her Alpha Patroklos does NOT make Alpha Patroklos Setsuka, despite the identical move set.

I want the real Tengu .. the KOWAPPA Tengu with the epic beard ...

fucking Ayane Tengu is the dumbest idea ever ... unless its just a costume then I'll be more than fine with that n it would actually be cool..

fucking clones man ... they ruin every damn fighting game ...
I understand it with Alpha-152 and I get it with Phase-4 .. theres an excuse for those .. but .. this ?? if it really turned out to be an ayane clone based on a dumb quote from DOA2 then this will be the most retarded thing ever...

if its a new character altogether .. then, maybe .... I dunno .. but I would rather go for tengu ... man I'm sick of female characters in this game ... this isnt fucking Arcana Heart or pretty fighter X

Yes I understand their ... "tits sell" policy .. but this is really getting out of hand .. (However I am willing to look the other way and even support if its a fat chick .. LOL)

I understand your frustration with Tengu "possibly" being replaced but must you bash female characters?

This game only has 3 (possibly 4) females then males. Compare that to Street Fighter, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct, ect that are 75-80% males.

D Glock

Bo3WavIIUAIFwpu.jpg

Zeo

The moon could very well be the Loralei or Sky City Tokyo stage, it proves nothing. If anything all this does is further prove that we're getting a Tengu costume for one of the girls or more unlikely: a female Tengu replacement.

Expect the former, cross your fingers for the latter.

synce

Yeah second pic further proves it's not Ayane... I called all of this lol If you're going to release DLC characters in a series known for nothing but sex it just makes more sense for all of them to be women

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD