Team Ninja Twitter

Zeo

Hayate lost his 236T > 7K. That was the central part of his offense and damage. If his new stuff doesn't make up for that loss and he doesn't still have BT combos, I could see him being even worse in Vanilla.

TRI Mike

I actually think that was pretty bullshit. Busa and Kasu have the exact same grab and it didn't guarantee that much damage. Now, nerfing Hayate's instead of buffing the other is pretty retarded too.

Zeo

The guaranteed damage off of the throw on normal throw was silly, but by nerfing it you also remove 6P from being able to be used. So basically the only thing guaranteed off the throw is PP. Effectively making it useless. You should have gotten the +8 on normal throw, the +9 for 7K on CT and something around +11 or +12 for HCT.

Instead they just made Hayate's throw game just as mediocre as everyone elses. Unless of course they buff the Raijin and fix it's horrible buffering.

ScattereDreams

Hayate lost his 236T > 7K. That was the central part of his offense and damage. If his new stuff doesn't make up for that loss and he doesn't still have BT combos, I could see him being even worse in Vanilla.

That really sucks. Is this confirmed true? hmm Wasn't 6p i12 as well? I guess in the video when 6p was blocked that pretty much confirmed it. It sucks that they took that away, I hope as well that his new tools make up for it, if not he'll continue to be the worst ninja.. I might be playing only Ein this time around

Zeo

Since 5U is going to be streamed tomorrow or on Sunday, I'm hoping someone uses Hayate (As well as Akira/Ein of course) so I can confirm my suspicions. I'm really hoping that he just did 6P slow after the grab, other wise it's a sad day for Hayate players. Especially with buffs floating around for the other ninjas (Except Ryu, looks like TN doesn't like him either).

Brute

Standard Donor
Since 5U is going to be streamed tomorrow or on Sunday, I'm hoping someone uses Hayate (As well as Akira/Ein of course) so I can confirm my suspicions. I'm really hoping that he just did 6P slow after the grab, other wise it's a sad day for Hayate players. Especially with buffs floating around for the other ninjas (Except Ryu, looks like TN doesn't like him either).
I'm quite familiar with Kasumi's vast array of buffs and attention, but what stuff has Ayane been getting? Only change I know of thus far is that her low sweeps and 9K no longer hit floored opponents, which is actually a nerf.

Zeo

I'm quite familiar with Kasumi's vast array of buffs and attention, but what stuff has Ayane been getting? Only change I know of thus far is that her low sweeps and 9K no longer hit floored opponents, which is actually a nerf.
I'm actually not sure what Ayane's getting. She's probably going to get some kind of buff though. We'll see.

Brute

Standard Donor
I'm actually not sure what Ayane's getting. She's probably going to get some kind of buff though. We'll see.
Knowing TN, probably, even though she's one of the few characters who actually needs very little re-working (BT PPPP).

synce

As sure as the sun rises from the east and Mishimas will always be good in Tekken, ninjas will always be good in DOA.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor

It's pretty sad when a throw is the "central part of [a striking ninja]'s offense and damage".

Knowing TN, probably, even though she's one of the few characters who actually needs very little re-working (BT PPPP).

Rumors I heard was that that string was nerfed. Personally if true I feel it was over nerfed. I was just hoping a nerf to not jail lock you on guard the third to fourth punch so you could successfully hold it. Rumor is that it not only is holdable now, but also disadvantage on guard.

Brute

Standard Donor
Rumors I heard was that that string was nerfed. Personally if true I feel it was over nerfed. I was just hoping a nerf to not jail lock you on guard the third to fourth punch so you could successfully hold it. Rumor is that it not only is holdable now, but also disadvantage on guard.
I'd be fine with it being holdable but still +on block.
Can't tell TN not to nerf something, though.

RoboJoe

You know what would've been cool? If Shimbori tweeted a random piece of info each day, similar to how the Smash Bros site gets a new picture everyday. Instead of a picture, we could get something like "X move is now 0 on block or Y move now causes limbo stun from back turned". It would keep things interesting and would take next to no effort.

Zeo

It's pretty sad when a throw is the "central part of [a striking ninja]'s offense and damage".

The underlined was needed, the bolded was an unnecessary nerf. Just can't do it all right on the first try can you TN? Hoping this isn't the case.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD