Team Ninja Twitter

Akumasama

Can you dislike posts on here? There's too much wrong with that post for me to correct it on my phone.
You know what, an articulated reply would be a much better instrument to support your point and create a healthy discussion among members, rather than making sarcastic posts with doubtful utility.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Again, on my phone. I will correct you when I'm free and next to a proper keyboard. For the record, there was nothing sarcastic about that post.

Akumasama

Could have avoided posting then and waited until you were ready to contribute in a more interesting way to the thread :p
Also, I would like you to say "I will post my opinion" or "I will support my point with objective data" which sounds more polite and positive compared to a "I will correct you", implying that you are undeniably right and everybody else is undeniably wrong, which is never a particularly efficient way to let a thread grow on into a more articulated discussion.

Just sayin :p

Omegan Eckhart

I love Google translate!

tn_normal.gif
Team NINJA @ TeamNINJAStudio
53m
The Did I talk like that you mention it. Your house visit Big Tits producer Kenichiro Takagi's Marvelous AQL [almost] every day special! I had said up to this development and while surrounded by treasure http:// News.Dengeki.Com/elem/000/000/6 64 / six hundred sixty-four thousand four hundred and two / ...

Expand

Skilletor

This ain't Tekken though, or Virtua Fighter, or Soul Calibur, or anything else.
This is DoA and defensive holds are a trademark of the series.
Going back to a 3 point system (like console version of DoA2 or DoA3) would make no sense and would kill a lot of depth that the game gained in DoAU when they first introduced 4 point defensive holds.

Every version of DoA2 has had 4 point holds.

Akumasama

Every version of DoA2 has had 4 point holds.
Think we're kinda talking about something else then.
With "4 point hold" I assumed we were talking about the split that happened with DoAU where mid kick got changed from 4+H into 6+H?
DoA2 console had only 3 movements for holds, each of them countered both punches and kicks. You could turn on the "advanced hold system" from the menu but if I recall that did nothing but change the input from "4+H" into "4,6+H" (for mid) or something like that.
They had a more complicated system but it was still 3 directions only.

Also, I think they cut that out from the PS2 Hardcore Version, but I might be wrong on this.

Skilletor

Think we're kinda talking about something else then.
With "4 point hold" I assumed we were talking about the split that happened with DoAU where mid kick got changed from 4+H into 6+H?
DoA2 console had only 3 movements for holds, each of them countered both punches and kicks. You could turn on the "advanced hold system" from the menu but if I recall that did nothing but change the input from "4+H" into "4,6+H" (for mid) or something like that.
They had a more complicated system but it was still 3 directions only.

Also, I think they cut that out from the PS2 Hardcore Version, but I might be wrong on this.

You're wrong. Every version of DoA2 has had 4 point holds. Check the posts above.

Do you think they just willy nilly made DoA2U 4 point hold after DoA3 had 3 points? No, it's 4 points because DoA2 arcade and console had 4 point holds.

Akumasama

Are you sure about the arcade style holds being present in the PS2 Hardcore version as well?
Yes just checked, PS2 version of DoA2 Hardcore didn't have the Advanced Holds system which was for sure present in the US DC version, unsure about the EU and JP one, and unsure about the PS2 JP one as well.

Either way it wasn't the default setting, very few people used it. Showing how many people here didn't even remember, if anything, shows how much that setting has been used, known and efficient.
Making it the only and default one for the rest of the series is a change introduced in DoA2U, where they created a simplified (single direction) 4way hold system.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
DOA2 was always 4 point ..
All versions had the opion for the switch.

I used to play the game at the arcades and i remember being extremely pissed when i saw the dumbed down home version, till after screwing around in the options i found the switch option..
If i recall the options were "console" and "arcade"..

This is why to this day i still call advanced holds "arcade" holds.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD