Team Ninja Twitter

Relius Starkiller

What has me slightly concerned is that he was evasive when talking about which characters would be in the game.

He didn't say they would ALL be making a return, just that they would be revealing more soon.

If they snub Zack I'll blow this bitches head off!

Raansu

Hey. . .hey. . . YOU FUCK!

TAKE MY FUCKING MONEY! WHERE ARE YOU GOING. . . .NO! TAKE MY FUCKING MONEY!

*Chases after Shimbori*

GET BACK HERE GOD DAMN YOU!

Seriously, if the power blows are doing that little damage then I think I'm going to be a happy man.
Maybe they are taking the wall game out completely too. . .however, falling objects + stun still ='s WTF!

Nope.

KoF06

Woah ! Very cool ! Looks soo beautiful :O
Can't wait to try it ! :)

Ayane's move look like a little what I sent for the "make your move"'s contest :eek:

Arnell Long

Looks cool, but I want to see that "reveal" trailer Sorwah is talking about before I gain any opinion from that above trailer.......

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
What has me slightly concerned is that he was evasive when talking about which characters would be in the game.

He didn't say they would ALL be making a return, just that they would be revealing more soon.

If they snub Zack I'll blow this bitches head off!

Oh, they'll be revealing something alright.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
It was.

Well this should please Kitchener at least.

Things of note from both OXM and the reveal trailer. (haha, you guys get it now?)

Ground bounce seems to be gone from kasumi's 6k, which means no more bullshit resets over and over again. She cannot combo off of that move anymore. Constant teleportation makes her fight more like she does in the Dead Fantasy movies, which I highly doubt is a coincidence.

Standard holds do shit tastic damage on par with bayman's DOA 4 parries. They are seriously that weak, and thank god.

Wall game is IN, there is a new wall bounce that puts a person into Air State.

These are the important things. oh also, Akira.

Raansu

Now I can actually tell Relius why I said nope to his wall comment lol. In the video the wall bounce lifts their feet off the ground which potentially means its considered a juggle and there will be no more holding off the wall bounce.

Arnell Long

Omg, Omg, to another Omg!!

Nerd-gasm!

No more ground bounce for Kasumi bread n butter damage which I can dig that because what I see of her now reverts to her DOA2U style with these sexy added moves...also her 66, Grab or Free off of the opponent's Counter allows her to teleport behind them and reset the combo giving that back in the day you could either throw them with 6,6, Grab, or flip behind them which is now a Teleport instead...so if the player did the Grab without a Counter being involved you wouldn't be able to get a free combo.

And that boy Akira representing VF...better than a fuckin' Spartan...!

About to look at the Trailer about a dozen more times...!

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
ついにかすみ公開です!・・・あれ!?「DEAD OR ALIVE 5」9月発売が決定。最新ムービーを公開。必見! 驚愕のあのファイターがついに参戦!!
"Kasumi is finally reveal! What?! Dead or Alive 5 releases in September. The latest trailer is out. It's a must-see! Finally participation of these stunning fighters!"

『デッド オア アライブ 5』の最新ムービーが公開――『5』つながりのサプライズコラボも判明 - ファミ通.com famitsu.com/news/201203/05… @famitsuから
"The latest movie of Dead Or Alive 5 published with a suprising collaboration. Famitsu.com famitsu.com/news/201203/05011030.html"

『DEAD OR ALIVE 5』の新映像が公開! 新ステージで戦うかすみの前に新たな挑戦者が――!? news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/4… @dengekionlineから
"Newly public visuals of Dead or Alive 5! A new Kasumi is the challenger on the stage before the fight! news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/4…"

DEAD OR ALIVE 5 official website has been updated! New video for DEAD OR ALIVE 5 have been released. Check them out! teamninja-studio.com/doa5/

Raansu

I'm skeptical about a September release. But they have come a long way from the TGS video, so I guess only time will tell.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Well this should please Kitchener at least.

I'd be even more happy if they parried, but I guess 20 damage even in hi counter is not that game changing.

And if they just keep the camera static, that would be great. Hopefully those things could be addressed during playtesting.

And no, I'm not pleased with Akira being in this game, because I know his inputs are gonna be over simplified and scrubby and he's going to be top tier because TN want to lick AM2's ass.

Keylay

Wow! I wasn't expecting that. Now I'm wondering if Akira is the only character from Virtua Fighter. Yesterday at Final Round some guys working at Sega said that Virtua Fighter 5 will have some DLC. Now I' thinking it might be DOA characters. I have to watch the trailer again!

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I'd be even more happy if they parried, but I guess 20 damage even in hi counter is not that game changing.

And if they just keep the camera static, that would be great. Hopefully those things could be addressed during playtesting.

And no, I'm not pleased with Akira being in this game, because I know his inputs are gonna be over simplified and scrubby and he's going to be top tier because TN want to lick AM2's ass.

They basically are parries now. The damage is the same, and i imagine a lot of the current hold animations are placeholder. You can even see ayane got a replacement hold that looks more parryish and leaves the opponent standing.

And damn man you'll complain about anything. Give it a chance. If AM2 allowed Akira to be thrown in I'm sure they have some control over how he plays. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if they are taking system change advice from them right now.

Raansu

Aside from just frames Akiras inputs were not all that difficult... DoA and VF also share similar inputs...I can imagine he wont change much in that category, especially considering his move sets have almost been completely copied over. He transitioned into the doa mechanics very well in this video.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD