News Team NINJA Costume Contest

Brute

Standard Donor
For me the real surprises of the contest are to see Eliot and Rig to get the highest number of outfit compared to rest of the male cast less Ryu (and also on par if not higher of a DoA girl like Lisa),
Sexy sells. A lot of people who like the fem-boy look are ELiot fans, and a lot who get the rogue-boner like Rig. Not too surprising.

Hayabusa's just Hayabusa. 'Cause fuck it, he's awesome.

and to see Sarah to be so overcomed by the boys (evidently people really don't find her attractive... :( )
Attractive or no, she's still a total bitch. xD

Argentus

considering i had to redue mine due to a spelling error so far im doing good imo, 13 likes.

i was worried that because it was bayman no one would care, but it can get the popularity needed to make it in
You should do it.
The more detail available to Team ninja the more likely and easily they are going to be able to translate it into game.
well here's the original with full details, and resubmission with minimal text but updated design. see what I mean?
1490773_1428212877429103_1910987092328858419_o.jpg
10010380_1430948640488860_759946215519061697_o.jpg
I just don't like leaving details out lol.

Rawbietussin

Somehow, I don't find these numbers surprising.

Kokoro seemed unusual for me, especially when she has more entries than Momiji and Hitomi. Thought she'd have less or be on par with Leifang (who didn't have many entries from the beginning until a sudden influx on the last minute).

Sexy sells. A lot of people who like the fem-boy look are ELiot fans, and a lot who get the rogue-boner like Rig. Not too surprising.

Lol what's a rogue-boner? xD

Sure he's attractive and all physique and face-wise but somehow the skinhead hairstyle seems nothing out of the ordinary to me. I honestly thought Bayman would've trumped him (if he only had more entries at the beginning).

Jimmy Jimmy

@Kronin weren't you the one that said, "it doesn't matter how the drawing looks as long it's done pride" cuz I find it fucked up that you said that @xboxsurvivor's hayate concept was poorly drawn but then you go on to making the exact same concept the only difference is you get to change the color of the cape that's really fucked up

I don't care if you and little butt buddies start sending me hate mail I'm proving a point

Plus I find it very sad that you did not draw it yourself

Last edited:

Rawbietussin

"(S)he likes bad boys!"

Oh~ Now I get it. They like 'em bad lol.

Kokoro is oddly popular for some reason. At least on PSN. Feels like there's at least one Kokoro in every lobby I join.

Aside from that, her costume selection sucks, so I'd expect Kokoro fans to be desperate and vigilant to try and get her some new threads.

I suppose that's true about her costumes.

Last edited:

Squizzo

"Recap of all numbers of costumes for the contest :

- Ayane : 37
- Kasumi : 32
- Marie Rose : 32
- Helena : 23
- Kokoro : 16
- Hitomi : 15
- Momiji : 15
- Ryu Hayabusa : 14
- Tina : 14
- Mila : 13
- Christie : 11
- Rachel : 11
- LeiFang : 11
- Eliot : 11
- Lisa : 9
- Rig : 9
- Alpha-152 : 7
- Hayate : 6
- Brad : 5
- Jann Lee : 5
- Sarah : 5
- Akira : 4
- GenFu : 4
- Bayman : 4
- Leon : 4
- Pai : 4
- Kasumi Alpha Phase-4 : 3
- Ein : 3
- Bass : 2
- Jacky : 2
- Zack : 2

I guess no one can still say that it is just TN favouring the girls, clearly the community feels the same way.

Kronin

@Kronin weren't you the one that said, "it doesn't matter how the drawing looks as long it's done pride" cuz I find it fucked up that you said that @xboxsurvivor's hayate concept was poorly drawn but then you go on to making the exact same concept the only difference is you get to change the color of the cape that's really fucked up

I don't care if you and little butt buddies start sending me hate mail I'm proving a point

Plus I find it very sad that you did not draw it yourself

Sorry @Jimmy Jimmy I think that you misunderstood me and I need to make some clarifications.

I said that the art shouldn't be important to the purpose of the contest... and indeed I continue to think the same thing. My comment to that Hayate's outfit (and actually I did the same also for another Akira's one) indeed it was superfluous under this point of view.

By the way, for the better and for the worse, the first impression that a person get from something is always related to the appearence of it (even the human relationships work in the same way...) and my comment actually wanted be just a defence of the outfit for overcoming that "barrier", a way for saying to who would have read my post:" If also you are thinking that the art is not so good (and by the way that was my opinion) try to imagine this outfit in the actual model in-game, in my opinion the outcome could be really good".

I'm sorry if you and/or @xboxsurvivor misunderstood my words thinking that I was offending the artwork, actually my purpose wanted be exactly the opposite. And then what reason I should have to send you hate mails? XD We are just arguing about something that I said, and indeed you made right to post this. Maybe I had to avoid such comments, but I wanted be honest with the artwork: thinking that both the drawing and the idea weren't good, I would have avoided completely any kind of comments about the work: so if I quoted that Hayate's outfit was just for trying to offer a good way to see it in the minds of the forum users.

About my outfit (that by the way I don't consider good looking), the only help that I got were to use the sketch of a mannequin for having a source for the pose and the proportions of Ein, and the help of Anthony about the coloring of the head (on the opposite he offered his help for the entire coloring and I denied it). The design, the drawing and the coloring less what I mentioned over it was completely done by me (and again, I don't think to have done a great job). I can also show some of my first ideas in sketches (even if they not demonstrate anything):

qS1Pzk3.jpg

ImPBDQJ.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JKT

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Art matters big time. of course when you see these bad drawings(I'm not going to sugar coat my words) the artist wasn't imagining them to turn out that bad. He/She I imagine envisioned something MUCH better in their heads, but this is real life and people can't just read your minds. If it looks like a 5 year olds drawing people are going to treat it as such.

Kronin

He/She I imagine envisioned something MUCH better in their heads, but this is real life and people can't just read your minds.

In the end this was the message of my previous post: seeing the design I tried to imagine the final outcome with the DoA5U model of Hayate wearing a such outfit, exactly what even the author of the picture did. For this reason I was trying to "push" people to make the same.

The art is not necessary for the contest but a design well drawn, in addition to give a better idea of the final outcome, it's also able to naturally attire more people toward it. Would be silly to deny it.

Still no approval for the final resubmission of my Mila design...on the other hand, they did like my DOA kirbys, lol.

Like I said you, I was oversure that they would have appreciated them =)

EDIT: @Jimmy Jimmy A last thing that I forgot to mention in my previous post, in no way I got my inspiration from Hayate's design: actually the sources for my design were pretty different ones as various military uniforms, various royal outfits (I was looking pictures from their marriages XD), a picture depicting San Martino, Templars and characters from fictional works, from Count Dooku, to Alexander Row, to Captain Harlock, to Ozymandias, ecc... (but surprisingly not "Shingeki no kyojin" aka "Attack on titan" XD).

And yes, when you think that after all this quest the final outcome was that one... it's very depressing :(

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD