DOA5U Patch updates incoming

Posting from the just now complete Official Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Tournament, Hayashi announced that at the end of January there will be a patch to the Arcade version of the game. In February, the consoles will receive said arcade patch sans Marie Rose. Marie Rose will be available on console some time in the spring.

The actual general system changes itself help with some core changes, including his 33T, and it even has a different sound to boot. He got a new taunt, crouch issue fixed; and of course the damage.

My guess is that your biggest concern has something to do with his CB.

No it's some minor stuff like giving him tracking within his strings and some fast reliable mid or low tracking. Preferably low in the form of 1P as that way he can have a solid crush attack to use in close range and have something to aid him in the Christie MU. 6P+K and his 4K should never have been changed from DOA4 status and he didn't really get tools to compensate for changing staple tools like that. Just the bound effect added to two moves (which is good) and a new move in 214K which is also a nice move.

If Ein is given tracking within his strings and 1P and at least some tool or tools to aid him in opening people up aside from his 2P he would be set in close range and wouldn't need anything else.

This isn't the days of DOA2. Almost all the characters since DOA2 apparently have evolved and undergone changes. If you aren't going to evolve Ein at least leave his core moveset intact and make the properties of that moveset good. This is the major reason why we ask for 14i 6P+K and 13i 4K. Those were solid tools that were not broken or overpowered and were a great asset for him.

Last edited:
This isn't the days of DOA2. Almost all the characters since DOA2 apparently have evolved and undergone changes. If you aren't going to evolve Ein at least leave his core moveset intact and make the properties of that moveset good.

I agree, basically this was my impression of DoA5U Ein since the start. I think that including him in games like DoA2 or DoA3 this version wouldn't be bad, but this just because the rest of the roster would be lacking of the current tools, not for some particular merit of Ein.

I heard that he got some major upgrades!

No major upgrades just damage buffs. Damage buffs don't fix the issues he has which are lack of tracking, a fast reliable crush like a 1P and abilllity to open people up in close combat due to his poor mixups.
Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining or saying damage buffs don't mean anything but he's the same character. He just hits a little bit harder on throws and holds by 2-4 points.

Can't wait for Marie Rose I love the whole Systema fighting style so excited for this new character and hopefully mila or Kokoro get Buffs on this update

Marie will be released no later than mid april because USFIV will kill off all interest in this game in the arcades so there would not be a reason to wait until late april or may. The only reason that they are waiting until spring is because they want to build the arcade community up with a exclusive character then release her for consoles but after april only the hardcore players will be playing this game in the arcades because of USFIV coming out in april. If they wanted to make sure that she is balanced then she should already be on consoles so besides trying to build up playerbase in arcade their is no other reason for a spring release.

Usfiv is coming to arcades?
Yea, this April. Which is why I said that Marie is going to be on consoles by mid april because after that game is released there won't be any interest in any other fighting games in japanese arcades for a while so there would not be a reason to delay her release after it comes out.

Last edited:
iHajinShinobi said:
I was whiny until I decided to re-look into other aspects of the game. Your perspective of things can change once you take more time out to further explore this game. That's all I've been doing since.
-This is what I have been saying from the very beggining!!! The game is still in its infancy. What we had with DOA5 Vanilla was essentially a test run. If players just look at all the changes as a whole to Ultimate, instead of seeing nerfs n buffs, we will all see that those changes as a whole created more depth to the game. Characters are far more individualized and unique! This promotes far more varied-abundant strategies and depth in general :p

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD