New Online Features Detailed for DOA5U by Famitsu

Famitsu has released information on new Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate online features. It's a short list, but are some interesting ideas.

Four-player Tag Mode Online
52147f2c19d4d.jpg

Developed and integrated due to high demand from Dead or Alive fans around the world, players will now be able to form a tag team with a comrade and fight against another team online. Additionally, players can battle in ranked tag matches in order to become #1 in the world rankings. Separate from solo matches, in tag matches Grade Points (GP) are earned for both team members with each win counting as two toward unlockable costumes.

Prize Fighter
52147f2bcf7a0.jpg

Four different ranks can be earned by winning consecutive ranked matches: Bronze Fighter, Silver Fighter, Gold Fighter and Platinum Fighter. Prize Fighters earn extra Grade Points with wins and those who defeat another Prize Fighter receive a GP bonus. Grade Points have been updated now allowing for players to earn up to Grade U from S+. Bonus GPs are rewarded when fighters move to the next grade level.

Ranked Mode now supports Tag Matches and other Online updates
52147f2b42624.jpg

Improvements made for online mode enhance gameplay, providing a smoother experience regardless of the player’s network connection, and cutting search times to find opponents for ranked matches and unranked throw downs.

Character Rankings
52147f2c5a09e.jpg

Displays a player’s skill level with each character. With the inclusion of the CP feature, players can check if their opponent is using their best character and even see where they place in the world ranking.

Source: Famitsu

Last edited:
four player tag mode: Good.

Prize Fighter:good

Ranekd tag:ugh...don't care. Fuck tag.

Character rankings:If this means people are going to run around and say they are number one with X character then god help us all.

New rank:ugh...time to hear more people thinking that matters.

Hm I'm thinking about the individual ranking system for each characters. I wonder how the leader boards is going to look. It will probably add up all the points with all the characters.

oh god character rankings no no no , ppl saying that they're the best w/e player is going to drive shit talking to new heights

Finally pre-ordered it yesterday, using the credit I had on my Gamestop card. I reckon this will mean that you get points/lose points based on whomever on the team has the highest points.

Just keep all your character ranks low so that when someone starts bragging you can pick their character (with a "low" rank) in a mirror match and wipe the floor with their cocky ass.
lol that would work for me if i didn't use zack so much.:)

S is already an impossible goal for me, but now there's an ULTIMATE RAAAAAAAAANK!!! If the ranking system is the way it is now post-patch, then reaching U Rank will be a massive chore XD Ah well. S looks prettier~.

haha... U-rank. let me guess what that stands for... ULTIMATE?
*sigh* I'd much rather let my gameplay alone define my skill. I remember that scenario in Soul Calibur V where everyone freaked out when an A1 entered the lobby.
It's like a guy boasting about his assault rifle with NO AMMO, and I'm sitting here with a BB-Gun. I wiped the floor with the so called A1... and ultimately got kicked out the lobby myself. (lol, online logic)

haha... U-rank. let me guess what that stands for... ULTIMATE?
*sigh* I'd much rather let my gameplay alone define my skill. I remember that scenario in Soul Calibur V where everyone freaked out when an A1 entered the lobby.
It's like a guy boasting about his assault rifle with NO AMMO, and I'm sitting here with a BB-Gun. I wiped the floor with the so called A1... and ultimately got kicked out the lobby myself. (lol, online logic)
lol even in good netcodes people gotta brag.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD