New improved training and titles confirmed

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
My main issue the MK9 training is when you set the dummy to just block. It seems like there's a 1 frame delay before it will actually block sometimes, so you'll find something you can do consistently on a blocking dummy but it wont work once a player picks up the controller, annoying as shit!

Haha it surprisingly the opposite in doa2-4. The ai recovers 1 frame before a user can unless you set the ai to an ai level.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
As far as I'm concerned, all grabs in VF5FS are 10 frames.

Except Wolf's various catch throws seem at different speeds. i'd like to know how disadvantaged someone can be before I can guarantee a catch throw since they are unbreakable.

DriftSlave

Except Wolf's various catch throws seem at different speeds. i'd like to know how disadvantaged someone can be before I can guarantee a catch throw since they are unbreakable.
you mean his shining wizard? there are a few setups for that particular move but you gotta be trying, you mite as well be trying to burning hammer/F5 them instead...Jackhammer is random online apparently too...

DriftSlave

I was saying all of his catch throws including the BH and diamond cutter.

totally forgot about the diamond cutter...I haven't been self hi fived in a minute...

I the Burning hammer being a JF but I know why they changed it though, still..that and the toe kick stunner is BT counter hit only(it's not a stunner...it's a rude awakening) .im a tad bit man about that, no pedigree, no rock bottom. but i see your point, personally because I only see Shining wizard used, i assumed it was that.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Where was this when I did all that work. lol. I am glad that all of these options are available, Make it much easier to break down the game to the exact situation. One of the most significant changes is knowing your opponents stagger recovery, and critical hold recovery. A chart could be made to allow players to know the specifics..as in the exact amount of frames they are in disadvantage...this is very important.

RoboJoe

Wow, what a step up from the past games. Much props to Team Ninja. I'm especially glad that other companies are following Capcom in allowing training for lag.

Kronin

My favorite thing about it is recording specific moves that give me trouble punishing them so I can practice punishing them over and over, like using Cody's ruffian kick to punish Blanka balls in AE, I record Blanka using different Blanka balls in quick succession, then ruffian kick the shit outta him.

This option seems really useful. Nice job TN!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD