New improved training and titles confirmed

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Finally a real training mode for DoA. Fuck Itagaki and his stupid ideology for training mode.
I'm not understanding here. The training modes in the older DOA games weren't that bad and this seems more-or-less the same with a few nice additions (record, player controlled P2, lag setting). Am I missing something?

Gill Hustle

I'm not understanding here. The training modes in the older DOA games weren't that bad and this seems more-or-less the same with a few nice additions (record, player controlled P2, lag setting). Am I missing something?

By other fighting game training modes it was sub par.

Wah gave me a few "tricks" for 3.1 during his visit, but coupled with the new overall game system this was a much needed addition.

Raansu

DoA's training modes were literally just for practicing combos. You couldn't test anything else because the AI never did any kind of recovery and all the attacks the AI did were full strings mostly. It was pretty weak.

Input recordings and AI recovering from staggers alone is an amazing improvement for testing things in training modes.

Game Over

Where was this confirmed?

DEAD OR ALIVE 5 includes an improved Training Mode that lets players control more features than the any previous DOA game. A wealth of options are now available on the settings screen for players to adjust the AI opponent's behavior, such as input recording, recovery time from staggers and more! Players will have the ability to practice and improve their Dead or Alive skills for any scenario. There are also optional missions during Story mode battles to teach players everything from basic controls to advanced fighting techniques!

DrDogg

The record option alone is amazing. That was the main problem with the MK9 training mode.

UnD34D

The record option alone is amazing. That was the main problem with the MK9 training mode.
That was the first thing I saw that psyched me up, it'll help a lot of players test shit more easily. Record option helped my SFIV game a lot.

UnD34D

Wait, I'm a little confused here. What are the real benefits of this record option¿
My favorite thing about it is recording specific moves that give me trouble punishing them so I can practice punishing them over and over, like using Cody's ruffian kick to punish Blanka balls in AE, I record Blanka using different Blanka balls in quick succession, then ruffian kick the shit outta him.

DrDogg

Wait, I'm a little confused here. What are the real benefits of this record option¿

You can make the training dummy do anything you want it to do, exactly how you want it done. So you can test where to step strings, where to crush, what to punish with... anything.

Raansu

You can record actually setups a player would use and learn how to counter it. It's good for testing a lot of strategies and I'm glad its there. Better than having what older DoA's had which was just predefined combo strings -_-

N0rdicNinja

Every time you release something TN my hopes keep growing! Please don't drop the ball on us!

My main issue the MK9 training is when you set the dummy to just block. It seems like there's a 1 frame delay before it will actually block sometimes, so you'll find something you can do consistently on a blocking dummy but it wont work once a player picks up the controller, annoying as shit!

so we are all in a conclusive agreement that a VF4EVO styled tutorial is in order?

I loved it, never got into the previous VFs but that shit was the best introductory to a fighting game I've ever seen!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD