New improved training and titles confirmed

D Glock

DEAD OR ALIVE 5 includes an improved Training Mode that lets players control more features than the any previous DOA game. A wealth of options are now available on the settings screen for players to adjust the AI opponent's behavior, such as input recording, recovery time from staggers and more! Players will have the ability to practice and improve their Dead or Alive skills for any scenario. There are also optional missions during Story mode battles to teach players everything from basic controls to advanced fighting techniques!

uPC9J.jpg

HzWJb.jpg

Titles via Street Fighter IV style.​

Source: Tecmo's Facebook.

HYPE!

DriftSlave

thats 1 more prediction completed(the titles thing), the only thing I could ask for is a VF4EVO styled tutorial.

OSTCarmine

Solid! Good to see them providing those optional missions, might make grasping the game a bit easier for new players.
it could certainly add some context to some of the advanced manuevers, and hopefully it teaches them that each leg of the triangle system has its pros and cons, and that spamming holds will get you KILLED this time around

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
The training mode stuff is the most amazing thing ever. Even in the E3 build, the options were super awesome. I approve!
Can you give some more details? Does the CPU wait until a stun animation is finished to hold like in previous games?

DyByHands

I'd like it if you get something (more than a trophy/acheivement) for getting all the titles. And, I am happy for training/sparring... DOAD was a let down in that area.

Madian

With the in game frame data and now this, DoA5 may very well have the best training mode to date save for perhaps the last Virtua Fighter game.

DriftSlave

With the in game frame data and now this, DoA5 may very well have the best training mode to date save for perhaps the last Virtua Fighter game.
It's kinda hard to beat VF5FS training mode, you can pretty much test everything in that mode...

DriftSlave

Never played VF5FS, what does the training mode have that makes it so special?
pretty much you can tell the opponent to do a verity of things and you have 3 record slot in which you can create real mixup scenarios that you may had no idea how to block and learn to react to them.

It shows frame data in real time and also color coordinated the frame advantage/disadvantage so you can easily understand whats safe, or really unsafe. There are few other little things to like Arrow indicators showing you what direction a move tracks and to what side with arrows going up(background), down(foreground) and 360 to show it tracks completely around both sides. I like how you can tell the CPU how to react to attacks and how fast to recover from stuns as well because it tells you if certain stun setups are insured regardless how fast you mash to recover.

Only problem I have with the VF5FS training mode is that it doesn't give me speed of grabs.
True but it has the benefit of helping you learn how to break multiple throws by scrambling the moves or records. This along with the tech taught in the tutorial, you can effectively break throws roughly 70% of the time i would guess. My throw breaks are pretty decent...

The issue I have with the training mode is that I wish you can pick more CPU options from attack reaction, but then again, I can just use Rec. But this is to see if it is possible to double OM certain strings or attacks and still punish with it...

Edit: imo, I think throw speed is more relevant in DOA then it is in VF as most throws can be broke on reaction(like Tekken throws). but thats how I see it. DOA having the frame data showing throw speed is essential because throw speed ranges vary by alot in said game and well because of OH too...so ya I think due to the differences in systems there is a need for such data.

Raansu

Finally a real training mode for DoA. Fuck Itagaki and his stupid ideology for training mode.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD