Lei-Fang 1.03

phoenix1985gr

Made a few updates in my long post concerning 4T combos and mid kick hold/adv mid kick hold combos by the wall,

I just reread the whole post... About the 6p+k: At first i thought you said the sit down wont happen to an opponenent low blocking... Now i see you say it wont cause a sitdown on a low holding? Then how you re supposed to get it? From what i ve seen all other characters similar sitdowns are used mostly as a low punish holders... If not then how???

Blackula

I just reread the whole post... About the 6p+k: At first i thought you said the sit down wont happen to an opponenent low blocking... Now i see you say it wont cause a sitdown on a low holding? Then how you re supposed to get it? From what i ve seen all other characters similar sitdowns are used mostly as a low punish holders... If not then how???

6P+K must be a counter hit or higher on a crouching opponent. So say you hit an opponent with 6P+K as he's trying to hit you with a low that leaves him in a crouching position. You will get the sit down stun from that if you hit him before he hits you for the counter hit.

Gaignun

Having lost its natural combo, 1PP has become pretty lousy as a high crush. As crushing a high does not earn you a counter hit (from what I can tell), even if you crush with the first P, your opponent can block the second P and put you at an 11 frame disadvantage. If you stop with the first P, you're at a 12 frame disadvantage whether or not the attack hits. Basically, unless you don't trust your opponent's ability to block the second P, it never pays to attempt to crush highs with 1PP.

As far as I can tell, 1PP is now purely for delaying the second P to bait out counter hits. As a high-crushing poke, it's gotten pretty dangerous.

Blackula

Having lost its natural combo, 1PP has become pretty lousy as a high crush. As crushing a high does not earn you a counter hit (from what I can tell), even if you crush with the first P, your opponent can block the second P and put you at an 11 frame disadvantage. If you stop with the first P, you're at a 12 frame disadvantage whether or not the attack hits. Basically, unless you don't trust your opponent's ability to block the second P, it never pays to attempt to crush highs with 1PP.

As far as I can tell, 1PP is now purely for delaying the second P to bait out counter hits. As a high-crushing poke, it's gotten pretty dangerous.

If you're trying to crush a high, you can also go for 4P which only leaves you at -4.

Gaignun

That's true. The evasive frames on 4P seem shorter, though, so crushes are more difficult to pull off.

In other news, does anybody notice opponents in critical burst being launched higher into the air? Before 1.03, I could end a critical-burst juggle with a PPK(HK) force-tech and follow up with 44T. Now, the opponent is out of range. 44T connects, as before, if I launch the opponent before the power blow, however. Maybe it's just me.

Yoyo

I like those videos, but I have a question but I'm sure somebody has brought this up before. I was training last night and I did 4P and BT 4P+K (but I didn't charge it fully) and I got a sitdown critical stun with a free critical burst and I was wondering could you always do that or was that only after the patch you could.

Blackula

I like those videos, but I have a question but I'm sure somebody has brought this up before. I was training last night and I did 4P and BT 4P+K (but I didn't charge it fully) and I got a sitdown critical stun with a free critical burst and I was wondering could you always do that or was that only after the patch you could.

When you did the 4P+K after 4P for the sit down stun, did you set the AI stagger recovery on fastest and critical hold to fastest?

That is brilliant.

Thanks. :)

phoenix1985gr

Another note: after cb (prepatch) 9kk ppk k+h was it a pseudo? or a force tech? (i used all the time not once anyone teched it) tiday after patch trying to testo if there are any differences with h+k the cpu teched it...

after cb 9kk 3pkk2k is a pseudo for +20 something but less dmg... than ppk k+h

Oh and night thanks for the setup on her mid k hold 4kk is beast more dmg then any setup i tested!

And again another note after 46h if the follow up attack is done fast the combo damage calculates together but it doesnt add to the combo hit... (i tried to figure why some times the same combo did more damage and it was because of this lol)

And last question... Against a back turned opponent 3pkk 236p somatimes would cb (i dont know yet how to figure out open closed state) but after her hold they 236p always knocked down dows anyone know why?

Blackula

Another note: after cb (prepatch) 9kk ppk k+h was it a pseudo? or a force tech? (i used all the time not once anyone teched it) tiday after patch trying to testo if there are any differences with h+k the cpu teched it...

after cb 9kk 3pkk2k is a pseudo for +20 something but less dmg... than ppk k+h

Oh and night thanks for the setup on her mid k hold 4kk is beast more dmg then any setup i tested!

And again another note after 46h if the follow up attack is done fast the combo damage calculates together but it doesnt add to the combo hit... (i tried to figure why some times the same combo did more damage and it was because of this lol)

And last question... Against a back turned opponent 3pkk 236p somatimes would cb (i dont know yet how to figure out open closed state) but after her hold they 236p always knocked down dows anyone know why?

Actually, after mid kick/adv mid kick hold, 4KK does not yield you the most damage. One of the combos I listed beats it by 1 point and it's just as easy. 3PKK > 3P > launch will yield you that 1 pt more.

And about the limbo stun. I had that earlier in my post but I deleted it because the CB was not guaranteed from it. For some reason, that limbo stun of hers could be held out of.

The way to tell the difference between open and closed stance.
closed stance: both characters have the same foot forward.
open stance: both characters have the opposite foot forward.

After her mid kick advanced hold, 4KK will add to the total combo and give you the total damage. Any other follow up won't and you'll have to add the damage from the adv mid kick hold yourself. Not sure why it does that.

NightAntilli

Actually, after mid kick/adv mid kick hold, 4KK does not yield you the most damage. One of the combos I listed beats it by 1 point and it's just as easy. 3PKK > 3P > launch will yield you that 1 pt more.
It's actually not 4KK > Launch, but

4KK > 6P+K > Launch
Or
4KK > 3P > Launch

I'm pretty sure it does more damage than 3PKK, which is why I started using it. Did the damage calculation somehow change after the patch..?

Blackula

It's actually not 4KK > Launch, but

4KK > 6P+K > Launch
Or
4KK > 3P > Launch

I'm pretty sure it does more damage than 3PKK, which is why I started using it. Did the damage calculation somehow change after the patch..?

I know that you follow up 4KK with those moves. Was just saying the combo from starting from them was less by 1 pt.

"4K, PK, 3PK: changed damage from 30 to 20, standardized the wall blow back distance for moves at 1m"

using 4KK

hi-counter 46H > 4KK > 236P > 66K or 9K > 9KK > 3PP6PP = 130.

hi-counter 46H > 4KK > 236P > 66K or 9K > 3P4PP > 3PP6PP = 131

using 3PKK

hi-counter 46H > 3PKK > 3P > 6KK or 9K > 9KK > 3PP6PP = 131

hi-counter 46H > 3PKK > 3P > 66K or 9K > 3P4PP > 3PP6PP = 132

phoenix1985gr

I know that you follow up 4KK with those moves. Was just saying the combo from starting from them was less by 1 pt.

"4K, PK, 3PK: changed damage from 30 to 20, standardized the wall blow back distance for moves at 1m"

using 4KK

hi-counter 46H > 4KK > 236P > 66K or 9K > 9KK > 3PP6PP = 130.

hi-counter 46H > 4KK > 236P > 66K or 9K > 3P4PP > 3PP6PP = 131

using 3PKK

hi-counter 46H > 3PKK > 3P > 6KK or 9K > 9KK > 3PP6PP = 131

hi-counter 46H > 3PKK > 3P > 66K or 9K > 3P4PP > 3PP6PP = 132

You dont test this with hicounter always right? Because it maychange some stuff and after her counter all her attacks dont get the multiplier... If there is a small difference i ll use 3pkk cause im on auto pilos with 3p and it wont be hard to change my mindset lol

Blackula

You dont test this with hicounter always right? Because it maychange some stuff and after her counter all her attacks dont get the multiplier... If there is a small difference i ll use 3pkk cause im on auto pilos with 3p and it wont be hard to change my mindset lol

The one point difference is the same for normal, counter, or hi counter. I just love to show hi-counter stats because that shows the highest damage possible from the combo.

Let's not use the advanced mid kick hold and just use the regular mid kick hold. These are the damages.

using 4KK

6H > 4KK > 236P > 66K or 9K > 9KK > 3PP6PP = 100

6H > 4KK > 236P > 66K or 9K > 3P4PP > 3PP6PP = 101

using 3PKK

6H > 3PKK > 3P > 6KK or 9K > 9KK > 3PP6PP = 101

6H > 3PKK > 3P > 66K or 9K > 3P4PP > 3PP6PP = 102

Using 3PKK still nets you that 1 pt more.

phoenix1985gr

Cool! Ok now about the cb max threshold juggle teching stuff has any of you tired teting before the patch if they where techable or not?

My bnb was CB 9kk ppk h+k for a force tech and not once anyone teched before the last hit... After patch in raining with recovery on it does... So what im asking was it always like this and no one tried to tech? Or it changed in the patch? I remember punishere saying that the cb combo is a guarranteed force tech maybe night could you test it to see since you dont have the patch yet?

Blackula

Cool! Ok now about the cb max threshold juggle teching stuff has any of you tired teting before the patch if they where techable or not?

My bnb was CB 9kk ppk h+k for a force tech and not once anyone teched before the last hit... After patch in raining with recovery on it does... So what im asking was it always like this and no one tried to tech? Or it changed in the patch? I remember punishere saying that the cb combo is a guarranteed force tech maybe night could you test it to see since you dont have the patch yet?

I do have the patch. All the information I've been giving has been 1.03 information.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD