Lei-Fang 1.03

Yoyo

I started this thread since mostly almost every other character has one and nothing really has gone on in :leifang:'s thread. So lets discuss :G

synce

You forgot to post the changes lol

1PP: changed to not be a natural combo.
1P+K: corrected frames from 28(6)22 to 30(3)23 and advantage from GB(+8) to GB(+5F).
46P: shortened the close hit distance by a few centimeters.
PP6P: corrected disadvantage on normal hit and on guard from -12 to -13F.
Sidestep P: changed damage from 28 to 22.
4K, PK, 3PK: changed damage from 30 to 20, standardized the wall blow back distance for moves at 1m.
64P: shortened the window for followup attacks during the stun on a back-turned hit.
7K: changed to guard break and changed advantage on guard from -12 to GB(+3F).
214P: changed disadvantage on guard from -6 to 0F.
6P+K: changed hit reactions from crouching Counter hit or higher to sit-down stuns
66T: changed damage from 45 to 42.
Wall T, wall 66T: changed damage from 20+33 to 20+30.
236P: corrected hit reaction on crouching guard to limbo stun.
4P+K: changed startup from 6 to 3F.
Back-turned 7H, back-turned 3H: changed startup to 0F.
Sidestep P: changed startup from 25 to 27F, changed damage from 28 to 22, and removed wall blow back.
Sidestep K: changed startup from 27 to 25F, changed disadvantage on guard from -14 to -5F, changed hit reaction on normal hit to high stun.

She got (rightfully) nerfed

Einzelkind

I really like that 7k is a guard break now. That move has never been useful even though it launches on normal hit.
The limbo/sitdown stun properties to her sabakis are also a welcome addition. We'll have to wait and see how the 64p-nerf will affect her hold- and wall throw-follow up combos, but I think it could've been a lot worse.

Gaignun

1PP is getting nerfed! The insane damage from that second P is now only guaranteed on counter hit.

I am interested to see how much the BT stun of 64P has been shortened. If it's hasn't been made shorter than 16 frames, then it's not going to matter, as 64P>3P>64P>3P is still going to work. If it has, then I'll be very sad. Inputting that combo is so much fun, and so, so damaging. Then again, if Team Ninja aren't trying to remove 64P>3P, then what are they trying to remove?

NightAntilli

I actually don't agree that she got nerfed at all. Sure, her damage has gone down a bit, but that's probably due to the lower health setting. Overall, I'd say she got quite a few buffs.. Why?

- She now has a reliable way to go into BT due to 7K now being +3GB. She can mix up between between BT 1P and BT 4K. 4K actually launches in case you didn't know. There's always her BT P+K as well, which also leaves her at an advantage if I remember correctly (got my guide in a box somewhere since I'll be moving soon so can't check it).

- 214P now leaves her at neutral, which is great. I personally love that move since it's quite evasive, but the K follow-up is so unreliable, so now I can throw it out more freely since I'm not at a disadvantage anymore.

- 6P+K giving sitdown stuns is HUGE. Lately I've been practicing using it accordingly, and since it's a mid Sabaki, you can really do some great things with it. If you see how many times I time it correctly to sabaki my opponent's attacks you'll freak out. Of course, depending on how long the sitdown stun is, we'll know how good it turns out to be, but if you can land even 46P from it, this is a great move.

- Her parry startup frames got reduces. How it is now, you can not reliably parry after being at -7 because everything that's 11 frames or faster will hit you before it parries. Even if you're at -5, anyone that has a 9 frame P can hit you. Now, you can basically parry everything when you're at anything less than -7.

- Her BT parries being 0F is great. I don't know how many it was before though, but it must've been more than 0F since negative frames are impossible xD BT parries are underrated.

- Sidestep K finally has some uses now. It didn't used to stun, and it was unsafe. Now, it deeply stuns and is safe...

1PP got nerfed, but, that's a small insignificant one. Plus, it's not really an issue when you can go into her unshu stance after 1P.. So.. I'd say she got better overall to be honest. Maybe the shorter follow-up window of 64P will hurt her mid kick hold too, but other than that... She's still great, if not better.

Yoyo

Which move is 214P, I'm sorry I'm not so good with the number notation or is it just her critical burst from the right side.

NightAntilli

:214::P:.. It's hard to describe. It kind of steps back and throws her hand forward. It's great to avoid mid attacks at around mid range. It also has a :K: follow-up.. It's the one at 1:47 in this video:

phoenix1985gr

I actually don't agree that she got nerfed at all. Sure, her damage has gone down a bit, but that's probably due to the lower health setting. Overall, I'd say she got quite a few buffs.. Why?

- She now has a reliable way to go into BT due to 7K now being +3GB. She can mix up between between BT 1P and BT 4K. 4K actually launches in case you didn't know. There's always her BT P+K as well, which also leaves her at an advantage if I remember correctly (got my guide in a box somewhere since I'll be moving soon so can't check it).

- 214P now leaves her at neutral, which is great. I personally love that move since it's quite evasive, but the K follow-up is so unreliable, so now I can throw it out more freely since I'm not at a disadvantage anymore.

- 6P+K giving sitdown stuns is HUGE. Lately I've been practicing using it accordingly, and since it's a mid Sabaki, you can really do some great things with it. If you see how many times I time it correctly to sabaki my opponent's attacks you'll freak out. Of course, depending on how long the sitdown stun is, we'll know how good it turns out to be, but if you can land even 46P from it, this is a great move.

- Her parry startup frames got reduces. How it is now, you can not reliably parry after being at -7 because everything that's 11 frames or faster will hit you before it parries. Even if you're at -5, anyone that has a 9 frame P can hit you. Now, you can basically parry everything when you're at anything less than -7.

- Her BT parries being 0F is great. I don't know how many it was before though, but it must've been more than 0F since negative frames are impossible xD BT parries are underrated.

- Sidestep K finally has some uses now. It didn't used to stun, and it was unsafe. Now, it deeply stuns and is safe...

1PP got nerfed, but, that's a small insignificant one. Plus, it's not really an issue when you can go into her unshu stance after 1P.. So.. I'd say she got better overall to be honest. Maybe the shorter follow-up window of 64P will hurt her mid kick hold too, but other than that... She's still great, if not better.

I totally agree with everything... First of all i was afraid she would been hit with a nerf bat much worse so its alright, even if her mid k hold is nerfed

Edit: Changed all back-turned stuns that do not down the player to end with the player facing front.

I guess this ends the loop...

Einzelkind

Well, if 3pkk,8k,juggle still works after her mid kick hold, I'm fine. We'll just have to find something new for her wall throw,I guess.

NukNuks

I , personally, have to try out the patch changes for myself before I decide if I like em or not..

Berzerk!

She came away pretty much unscathed. The loss of natural combo 1PP is unnecessary, but minor.

Notice the slightly improved started up for neutral unshu? That and the new sit down sabaki, and guard break from 7K giving her real BT options, suggest she will be more interesting to play at neutral which is a good thing.

HoodsXx

6P+K will only sit down stun if they decide to crouch / Low hold. Crouch and it hits on CH or HCH.

phoenix1985gr

Anyone know what it means when it says "all (drop) vertical kicks cannot be tech rolled"?​
It means that axe kicks like Bass/Tina's 6H+K, Hitomi's 3H+K, etc. all cause knock down so the opponent can't tech roll and recover before the attacking player.

From the news thing on the patch thread... If this is what im thinking she got really scary if h+k ender has tis attribute!!! She can end all combos with hard knockdown!

Lobo

Not bad at all. Could've been much worse.

I more mad at the fact that I didn't know how good 1PP was until now. I would've used it at lot more if I knew that :p

Two moves that I never considered using before (7K, 214P) suddenly became useful. It'll be hard trying to integrate them into my playstyle now

NightAntilli

7K is actually really useful against Lisa with all her jumping/flying shenanigans. That's the only time I use it. But now it'll have more uses. I always have used 214P, including in DOA4. No one uses it, but it really is a great move at mid range because it evades a lot of moves if you're at the right distance and time it correctly.

phoenix1985gr

Not bad at all. Could've been much worse.

I more mad at the fact that I didn't know how good 1PP was until now. I would've used it at lot more if I knew that :p

Two moves that I never considered using before (7K, 214P) suddenly became useful. It'll be hard trying to integrate them into my playstyle now

Well the crush in 1p is godlike it evades mids at some frames for example tina 4k on block 1p crushes 1p (high) 1k (mid) (although i know shes at disadvantage from the 4k oline she beats everything so its a good thing... Also did they mean natural combo as in not holdable? Anyaway not that big of a change... The only ones im worried is the stuff about her mid k hold i wont mind if she doesnt get the 3p 64p stuff but if she doesnt get even a launch thats a problem...

The 7k is a huge buff although its high it will become usable now and 214p i used from time to time since it give a good stuff...

But yeah overall im pretty good with the changes i was afriad she would have been much worse... (i dont understand the mindset of TN though... they buff some really good characters and leave unchanged mids or low tiers...)

NightAntilli

66K and 3P+K have similar evasive properties as 1P, but they are harder to time and are unsafe.. I often tried to use 1P to crush highs, but for some reason I always got hit -.-

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD