Latest Tekken Tag Tournament 2 trailer: Another jab at DoA5?

Skilletor

Lol, Doa5 coming out at the same time could actually favor Doa5. If TTT2 is remotely seen in a negative light, while Doa5 is seen in a more favorable light, more credence can be given to Doa5. Im no way saying that it will topple TTT2, but enough buzz can give Doa5 a needed boost.

That could be possible if, you know, Tekken weren't an immensely popular series; if TTT2 wasn't said to be amazing based on it being in the arcade for the past year or so; if Namco weren't adding a fuckton of content, characters, and modes to the console release (all por gratis); and if DoA5 wasn't coming out, say, tomorrow.

Keylay

The Lili model looks like Lisa Gleave. She was a booth babe at E3 for Tecmo multiple times dressing as Tina, Ayane, Christie, and Rachel.

Blackula

Hate to say it but apparently it is 150 swimsuits not just 100.
bikini1k6xny.png

I do find it interesting though that tekken has a total of 13 female fighters (2 of which are pre-order DLC only) with a roster of 50 characters while Dead or Alive 5 is expected to have 12 characters with a roster between 20-25...so then what are all those swimsuits for? Tekken seems to be the manservice fighting game.

TTT2 has 52 characters (44 from the original roster with 8 DLC characters added for the console) and actually, the DLC characters are not pre-order DLC only. Everyone will eventually get them. Those who pre-order will just get them immediately.

Also, all of the swimsuits are not just for the girls. Everyone is getting some type of swimsuit costume.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
That could be possible if, you know, Tekken weren't an immensely popular series; if TTT2 wasn't said to be amazing based on it being in the arcade for the past year or so; if Namco weren't adding a fuckton of content, characters, and modes to the console release (all por gratis); and if DoA5 wasn't coming out, say, tomorrow.
-Doa just needs a good reception to get off on a good start....Hopefully it could build some momentum.

DriftSlave

I honestly believe that this is all a distraction from Harada since there is not Tekken Bowl or Ball for that matter apparently in Tag 2...so all this extra content is to make up for that, but then from what i hear that they could in general do with DOA did with the X series and make a boatload of mini games into say downloadable games for say the iphone or even on PSN/XBL or possible expansions to Tag2 in the future but again thats grasping at alot of straws.

Skilletor

-Doa just needs a good reception to get off on a good start....Hopefully it could build some momentum.

I agree, but the only thing people could possibly be disappointed with for TTT2 would be the online play. And, considering SC5 and the fact that Tekken is ripping features straight from that, online being poor is not likely.

I mean, DoA5 could gain momentum, but the odds of it being because TTT2 disappoints are quite slim, imo.

DR2K

A lot of that content is just copy and paste on a slightly different model. Tekken isn't an immensly popular series anymore though. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they sell about the same, with some overlap. But I think they're both pandering to different audiences.

DriftSlave

A lot of that content is just copy and paste on a slightly different model. Tekken isn't an immensly popular series anymore though. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they sell about the same, with some overlap. But I think they're both pandering to different audiences.

huh? one of the best selling 3D fighters not immensely popular? I not sure if i can agree with that one....
but to that other comment about the "copy and paste" how is that any different then what DOA does with their costumes? o_O just saying...those DLC swim suits look very similar(pre-order and CE exclusive).

DR2K

huh? one of the best selling 3D fighters not immensely popular? I not sure if i can agree with that one....
but to that other comment about the "copy and paste" how is that any different then what DOA does with their costumes? :confused: just saying...those DLC swim suits look very similar(pre-order and CE exclusive).

Tekken 6 and every Tekken since have diminished at retail. Times have changed.

I was talking specifically about characters swaps. All 8 DLC characters are swaps, and about 10-20 more on the roster are just swaps with alterations over the years. Tekken's roster number isn't that far off from DOA or VF.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Tekken 6 was the last Tekken released at retail...

Also, Kunimitsu is not a clone, as confirmed by FilthieRich.

UnD34D

lol I colored my Jack-6 costume 2 pink and white to match my pink and white Alisa. Be prepared for a pink speedo to tombstone you.

DriftSlave

I was talking specifically about characters swaps. All 8 DLC characters are swaps, and about 10-20 more on the roster are just swaps with alterations over the years. Tekken's roster number isn't that far off from DOA or VF.

I guess since T6 sold 3.5 million, following that was Hybrid and 3D? If your seriously counting those then we should totally count DOAP oh wait....yeah.

the console exclusive characters are "clones" I guess. Any Chang player back in Tag would tell you that both Michelle and Julia are different, Same with the guys who Ran Ogre's, Kunimitsu is so different you can't say shes a clone of anyone, Angel is whatever, P.Jack is nothing like Jack-6, Rip said it himself that Forest is really different from Marshal, don't know about Alex, Tiger...I'll give you that one.

Clones or not, they are different enough to not even be considered clones anymore, so the roster is still around 45 to 50 characters, I mean seriously they had 6-9 new characters in the last few installments(back from DR) and im not counting the return of A.King either. Tekken's Roster is still rather big but not even close to SF.

ErickBello

Well, Harada learned something about all the DOA volleyball games, huh?
I don't think that they look that good with the current graphics of TTT2.

Skilletor

That might be true of the characters they're adding, but you really can't say that about the current roster outside of Eddie/Christie. If you do try and say that, it makes it obvious how much you actually play the game. Hell, even Jun and Asuka are completely different.

Kunimitsu is not a clone. I have played her. She is awesome. And unique.

Tekken 6 was the last Tekken released at retail...

Also, Kunimitsu is not a clone, as confirmed by FilthieRich.

Tekken on 3DS
Tekken Hybrid

Although I don't know how you could use a glorified port and a demo/HDification as an argument for Tekken's waning popularity.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD