Latest Tekken Tag Tournament 2 trailer: Another jab at DoA5?

Game Over

It'd be funny if even after all of this, DOA5 still ends up outselling TTT2 due to drawing the bulk of the casual crowd!

For perspective, it'd be interesting if someone could look up sales figures to see how T6 sales measured up to DOA4.

Raansu

TTT2 has the nostalgia factor from TTT1 toppled with it simply being Tekken being way too strong in its favor. I really do not see DoA5 competing in sales with it given how close they are to release. I'd really like to see DoA5 get pushed back a month personally.

Game Over

Delay a month, then you've got a different problem of releasing too close to the DEATH BRACKET of Call of Duty and Halo!

One may argue different genres, but when you're talking about casual gamers, they are going to be picking up whatever draws their attention THE MOST, and for many, NO GAME draws as hard as COD and Halo ... and you have to figure with the two of those games releasing the same month, not a lot of casuals will be likely to want to drop $$$ on a "third" game (which DOA5 would be on their to-buy lists) less than a month prior/following those two.

Then you have to question which game(s) are most likely to be bought come Holiday season (for those who are dependent on the Holidays for getting new games).

Kronin

Sincerely all this process of action-reaction seems a little ridicolous to me (well, like the flame comments of Itagaki at the time): so now if the Tekken fans desire something for TTT2, what they must do is ask for the same thing to Team Ninja?

Black Dragon

100 swimsuits? And DOA will still be considered pure fan service while Tekken will be utterly praised for it.
Beginning a series with overt sex appeal makes it hard to gain respect for later releases, even after it's toned down.

It's not exactly the same vice versa.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I do find it interesting that both the big name fighting games this year have taken swipes at DOA5. I wonder what exactly DOA5 has done to get other fighters to be wary of it.
It would seem that DOA's not just the joke of the fighting game community but the fighting game development scene as well.

I don't get it.
Get a large, heavy, blunt object and keep hitting yourself in the head until you're down to his level and his posts start making sense. Be forewarned: there's no coming back.

tasan

Hate to say it but apparently it is 150 swimsuits not just 100.
bikini1k6xny.png

I do find it interesting though that tekken has a total of 13 female fighters (2 of which are pre-order DLC only) with a roster of 50 characters while Dead or Alive 5 is expected to have 12 characters with a roster between 20-25...so then what are all those swimsuits for? Tekken seems to be the manservice fighting game.

akhi216

Standard Donor
Namco apparently wants to tout TTT2 as the premier T&A fighter. If I had to choose between DOA's and Tekken's e-chicks I'd have to go with DOA's grown and sexy, the Tekken e-chicks aren't that appealing with the exception of the spider chick.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
SC has more T&A than DoA has ever had. Definitely more than Tekken.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Lol, Doa5 coming out at the same time could actually favor Doa5. If TTT2 is remotely seen in a negative light, while Doa5 is seen in a more favorable light, more credence can be given to Doa5. Im no way saying that it will topple TTT2, but enough buzz can give Doa5 a needed boost.

akhi216

Standard Donor
Since Namco wants to go all out on the T&A, TN should propose to do a DOAX3 with some Tekken chicks like VF characters came to DOA5 or say fuck it and make DOA vs Tekken Girls XBV.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD