Final Fantasy Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
is the game really that short that you guys all have already beaten it?! damn.

Yes, is is comparatively short to other FFs. I beat it in 40 hours but I also did a fair share of exploring and sidequests in the first half of the game. Without that I probably could have completed it in less than 30 hours. This may sound disappointing and it is definitely not what they promised, which was 40-50 hours of just story, BUT the stuff you can do and explore on the side is actually A LOT. 2/3 of the whole game's content, including dungeons and super bosses, are actually side content. Lucis is also much bigger than one might think looking at the map. People have to still figure out how big exactly but to give you an estimate, just walking from one side of the map to the other could take abut 2 hours. It is sized like a real island. In the Witcher, maps are crossed so much quicker, probably 1/3 of the time. So for your bucks you at least get quantity. If the quality is up to ones standard everyone has decide for themselves though. ;)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
In the Vivienne Westwood Store in Davies Street, London you can actually look at Luna's wedding dress and you can even order it:

CygO-0HWgAA_WBb.jpg:large

@Jadeinchains

To be perfectly honest, I find traditional dresses more attractive that don't seem to be sewn from half a dozen asymmetrically arranged rags. ;)

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Is there any ultra rare monsters in here that grant lots of XP points? I know in dragon quest there was metal slime and liquid metal slimes that were very hard to find and defeat but if you managed to defeat them they granted lots of gold and XP.

Jadeinchains

In the Vivienne Westwood Store in Davies Street, London you can actually look at Luna's wedding dress and you can even order it:

CygO-0HWgAA_WBb.jpg:large

@Jadeinchains

To be perfectly honest, I find traditional dresses more attractive that don't seem to be sewn from half a dozen asymmetrically arranged rags. ;)

Smh. Lol don't you dare, Vivienne Westwood is amazing. Traditional is obviously nice but the way she goes for something different is interesting.

Xernuht

Picked it up yesterday, immediately dumped 7 hours into it.

I love the party dynamic in this game. I was a bit afraid Cor would feel off when traveling with us, but he fit in really damn well.
Made it to Ch.3, just made it to Duscae, and ended up realizing I needed to turn around to get the first Engine Blade upgrade... especially since I sold the rusted bit I got back in Ch.1.

The combat feels a lot tighter than Episode Duscae and the Platinum Demo, which is perfect. I'll probably share some of Prompto's pics later.

Jadeinchains

Lol why do you hate poor Ignis so much! I really like him.

Not really spoilers but my opinion on the characters. Beware though.

Ignis I thought was really caring and like the father of the group not to mention he did all the cooking.

Prompto is just crazy but in the good way where he's always saying funny things and references. Seriously I kept on seeing him say movie references!

Gladio is annoying a lot of the time honestly he's such a downer and argumentative. He might be attractive but omg is that personality repellant.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Lol why do you hate poor Ignis so much! I really like him.
Not really spoilers but my opinion on the characters. Beware though.
Ignis I thought was really caring and like the father of the group not to mention he did all the cooking.

Prompto is just crazy but in the good way where he's always saying funny things and references. Seriously I kept on seeing him say movie references!

Gladio is annoying a lot of the time honestly he's such a downer and argumentative. He might be attractive but omg is that personality repellant.

His English voice actor annoys me greatly. :( I did play the game in English after all...

Yeah, it's funny how Gladio is such a manly man but at the same time he's also the bitchiest of the group. His mood swings... Sometimes he's best friends with Noctis and then he's complaining, making snide remarks and being so judgemental.
In the mines, when Ignis was a bit slower on foot, I tried to kill Gladio several times with my biggest sword. And I even bought half a dozen of his stupid Cup Noodles before. D:
By the way I loved that Noctis actually made the very obvious joke about Gladio being always shirtless. XD Such a show-off.

Prompto was always a sunshine from start to finish though. :)

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I am actually grateful that Noctis is nothing like Sasuke or the brooding guy we knew from the very early Versus XIII trailers. Noctis is a fun, gentle guy (he also loves cats which is a great plus), he's just a bit lazy and pampered. I also really liked how his English voice actor portrayed him.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor

That epic entrance Yosuke Matsuda made floating from the air to the ground lolololol It's wires I tell you! wires! he's even packed with laser eye beams, Zetsu slashes, and even flips loool. HE'S EVEN GOT A MACHINE GUN loooooool.

Yes! we need 4th wall breaking.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor

That epic entrance Yosuke Matsuda made floating from the air to the ground lolololol It's wires I tell you! wires! he's even packed with laser eye beams and Zetsu slashes.

Can't watch that yet. :( I want to experience it for myself when we get to play it sometime this month.

Prompto broke it all the time.

Jadeinchains

Yeah I'll not watch that yet and wait until I'm playing it myself.

I am actually grateful that Noctis is nothing like Sasuke or the brooding guy we knew from the very early Versus XIII trailers. Noctis is a fun, gentle guy (he also loves cats which is a great plus), he's just a bit lazy and pampered. I also really liked how his English voice actor portrayed him.

Yeah Gladios voice is one of those very deep ones that don't portray emotion very well and he's so annoying like you said when.

Spoilers
He would literally just all of a sudden decide he hates Noctis and start pushing and shouting at him over everything, he's still good but I like him the least out of all the characters because his personality stinks.

And yeah I'm happy Noctis isn't just a brooding character because that gets really annoying fast, and Prompto was so great.

Nikotsumi

Okay, I completely rushed through the story after chapter 9 and just completed it.
Overall, it was a great game (especially the first part). It's post-game content time now! And I'm also waiting that Prompto DLC episode xD

UpSideDownGRUNT

I actually still haven't beat it yet, I got to Chapter 14 but I decided to go back to Lucis and do sidequests to level up... I dont feel powerful enough to do the main quest at level 46

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
SPOILERS. Please do not click if you haven't progressed deep in the story. Gladio situation.

Yeah I'll not watch that yet and wait until I'm playing it myself.

Yeah Gladios voice is one of those very deep ones that don't portray emotion very well and he's so annoying like you said when.
He would literally just all of a sudden decide he hates Noctis and start pushing and shouting at him over everything, he's still good but I like him the least out of all the characters because his personality stinks.

And yeah I'm happy Noctis isn't just a brooding character because that gets really annoying fast, and Prompto was so great.

We have to understand the position they were in though. While I must admit that his emotions to brush people off turned me off to which it seems closely tied to whining, however Gladios was a soldier to the King and he was merely following his duty to make sure Noctis is not astray from his path. Mourning someone's death is difficult or being a slouch for bickering within Noctis drama but we can't exactly blame Gladio here when the bigger world is at stake. The train ride drama of Noctis turned Gladios off which in turn, turned the players off towards him but it was realistic proportions since he was worried Noctis won't rightfully be fit for the king, so he calls Noctis a coward. He really cares for Noctis deeply after the anime but he can't simply just obey and spoil Noctis every single time.

Catering is not always good thing, especially for someone who's becoming more than just an adult because that just makes someone rely on others too much. Gladio and the others will not be there for him forever. What Gladio did was reasonable, it was just the way he went about it that was partially wrong.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I actually still haven't beat it yet, I got to Chapter 14 but I decided to go back to Lucis and do sidequests to level up... I dont feel powerful enough to do the main quest at level 46

I beat the game with level 40. ;) I think right now you are on par with the end bosses.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
How will the new game plus work? Can't you already go back and continue leveling up once you complete it? What will it do?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD