Final Fantasy Thread

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I don't want the story being spoiled but I don't mind cosmetic and clothing, it'll just get me more hype to go through the game XD When I get it, I'm gonna try to complete it in 2-3 days tops. That means an all day affair closed up in my room and only coming out for the bathroom, my awesome showers, food, and I'll be in my room already so I won't have to worry about one in particular.

Render is also getting the game around the same time I do so I don't feel completely behind. And of course I'm gonna buy additional DLC so I can play with him and Lotr, they always get dat season pass good shit. XD

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I tend to spoil entire games for myself when I want them so I don't mind xD

There is a limit to how much one can spoil though. They are not wrong here to be fair, but it's being comprehensive about it and going technical on what to spoil and what you shouldn't.

Story is one of the core elements to FF and that is something we all should respect, even I respect that.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Well, I'm out of this thread until I finished the game. Jade also is already out, he told me a bit ago.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Been in these forums since the ages and here I thought being comprehensive with deductive reasonings is a grand exposure of things!

God I love logic.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
@David Gregg @Awesmic @XZero264

Moogle Charm increases the amount of EXP you gain with added bonus afterwards via Ignis's dishes that increases EXP by 50%. Fought a few Red Giants and Arachnids and then amassed 20,000-30,000+ via an old file. Depending on campsite as well.
Deleted the images for my own sake.
Neat. I'm still only seven hours into the game though, between work and school right now I don't get to play games as much as I would like (I just got to chapter 2 last night at 5.5 hours of play). I might bring the game with me to NEC just so I can actually play it.

I'm guessing Ultima Blade is a Royal Arms (whatever those are)? edit: Just discovered Royal Arms, nvm.

Also @Tyaren a picture for you.
15288454_1333545363345241_3296464755057400457_o.jpg

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Deleted the images for my own sake.
Neat. I'm still only seven hours into the game though, between work and school right now I don't get to play games as much as I would like (I just got to chapter 2 last night at 5.5 hours of play). I might bring the game with me to NEC just so I can actually play it.

I'm guessing Ultima Blade is a Royal Arms (whatever those are)? edit: Just discovered Royal Arms, nvm.

Also @Tyaren a picture for you.
15288454_1333545363345241_3296464755057400457_o.jpg

Pretty. Though they seem to have had a slight algae problem when you visited. XD

I finished the game yesterday! :) A strange game with high highs but also some low lows, like it's troubled development I guess. I absolutely loathed one of the later chapters and I thought the story was over big parts an absolute mess but I also loved the open world part and the ending is one of the most heart wrenching ones I experienced in any Final Fantasy, even among all video games in the past years that I have played. So bitter sweet. ;__; No, I actually teared up several times.
@Chapstick and @Hayabusiness, what ever you saw that made you lol so much some time ago it must have been way out of context. There's really nothing to laugh about there and you both spoiled yourselves a really heavy emotional punch in the gut experiencing this on your own and how you were meant to experience it.

Also, Prompto IS the best of the four main characters. There's really no competition. People that played the game will know why. ;)

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
You already beat it!?? I only JUST got to Altissia like literally on the the boat as I type this lol

I beat it in 40 hours playtime and I did a fair share of side quests at the beginning. The game's second part rushes towards the end quickly. You can go back to the open world part at nearly any time...but you kinda don't. You'll see, I guess. ;)

UpSideDownGRUNT

I beat it in 40 hours playtime and I did a fair share of side quests at the beginning. The game's second part rushes towards the end quickly. You can go back to the open world part at nearly any time...but you kinda don't. You'll see, I guess. ;)
Well the reason for my surprise is that I saw that you got to where I am just yesterday as you said in the Witcher thread... so either you just went straight through all the story missions after that or the last 1/3 of chapters are really short.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Well the reason for my surprise is that I saw that you got to where I am just yesterday as you said in the Witcher thread... so either you just went straight through all the story missions after that or the last 1/3 of chapters are really short.

They are actually really short except for one. It is the most annoying and dragged out thing ever and I hate it with a passion. You will know what I mean when you get to it, lol. XD
To be perfectly honest, I think they scrapped half of the game towards the end of the development. Probably when Square Enix's bosses told them to finish this game up before 2017, enough being enough. ;)

Nikotsumi

I'm still in chapter 8 and I'm again doing side quests/hunts instead of progressing. Chapters are really short so far, especially chapter 7 lol.
I'm feeling overleveled too, I'm like level 55 and of course I'm ruining future story boss fights since they'll be too easy, but that's how I play xD

Also, this game has a lot of battle themes, though this is the best imo, it became my favourite as soon as I heard it. Can't run away from battles when this plays.

Hayabusiness

@Tyaren
To be honest mine was a lol of disbelief and "what the fuck".

I know the story more or less now, after watching it for myself, and I still think the ending feels like it had good ideas but a lot of it feels like forced drama.
Watching certainly is not the same thing as playing since Tabata wants to put such heavy emphasis on personal experience, but over all I dislike how much is told and not shown. That's story telling 101.
It really removes a lot of emotional impact.

Also I don't get why you are so bummed by the fact me and Chapstick got spoiled.
People do that all the time and after years of having things spoiled in a way or another, that certainly never ruined my enjoyment of anything. That might be different for you but for me, nah. I knew many of the plot points of my favorite JRPGs before playing them.
Therefore if I ever play this game, knowing how it goes and how the game ends should not really change my final judgement.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Why was Deadeye so easy to beat this time around? Took me not even 45 seconds and I was underleveled and still don't have a summon. I'm on my way to Lestallum now, probably gonna not do so many sidequests so early on, I'm 10.5 hours into the game and just recently got to chapter 3.

BTW Blink is a pretty badass skill, especially when surrounded by a lot of enemies who decide attacking one after another is the best approach.

I really like the Link Strike with Gladio using a Javelin where Noctis jumps onto Gladio's greatsword and Gladio just flings him into the air for a Dragoon Jump.

@Tyaren The whole sea was bugged as soon as I saw it and thought "There is no way this is going to be green in Prompto's pictures." Boy was I wrong. Looks like Prompto is able to capture in game bugs as well.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I finished the game yesterday! :) A strange game with high highs but also some low lows, like it's troubled development I guess. I absolutely loathed one of the later chapters and I thought the story was over big parts an absolute mess but I also loved the open world part and the ending is one of the most heart wrenching ones I experienced in any Final Fantasy, even among all video games in the past years that I have played. So bitter sweet. ;__; No, I actually teared up several times.
I've heard this so many times from many people. Man, is the ending really that good despite what people are saying is a grueling home stretch to the end of the game?

I'll hold you to that if that's the case. I expect it to be as good or better than the one in FFVI.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD