Favorite Hold Animation

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Bayman's :4::9::h:
this move just looks painful as fuck

Hitomi's :6::4::h:
this hold is rachet as hell. seriously she pulls the opponents hair(weave),flips them,then punches their head when their on the ground

Bass' :1::h:
all Bass needs is your foot to toss you across half the stage usually into a brick wall.

Ein/Hayate's :1::h:
on one hand Ein ends his with a no nonsense punch to the face, but the NG fan in me knows Hayate's cute little neck chops are replacement for slitting the opponents throat with.

Mila's :7::h:
she just grabs their leg, knees them in the stomache, and throws them down. i just love the practicality and simpleness of this move.

Jaguar360

Bayman's :4::9::h:
this move just looks painful as fuck

Hitomi's :6::4::h:
this hold is rachet as hell. seriously she pulls the opponents hair(weave),flips them,then punches their head when their on the ground

Bass' :1::h:
all Bass needs is your foot to toss you across half the stage usually into a brick wall.

Ein/Hayate's :1::h:
on one hand Ein ends his with a no nonsense punch to the face, but the NG fan in me knows Hayate's cute little neck chops are replacement for slitting the opponents throat with.

Mila's :7::h:
she just grabs their leg, knees them in the stomache, and throws them down. i just love the practicality and simpleness of this move.
I support these. I was thinking about putting the 1st, 2nd and 4th into my own list. Bayman and Hayabusa have the best hold animations (and holds) in general IMO.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Ein's High Punch
I love the way he just rolls around their heads and kicks them in the back of the head :3
Ein's Low Kick Hold
What's that you wanna wake up kick? DENIED back to the other side of the room with you :D.

Senko/Rekko/Yoko-Izuna
I feel a storm is coming, super effective off a cliff! *Nin!* "TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Squizzo

Mila low punch - Knee's them into the air and then slams their face back into the ground with an overhand right.
Brad low punch - Stylishly flips around the opponents arm and ends up sat on their back in arm breaking position.
Kasumi low kick - A powerful spinning heel to the back of the head that bounces the opponent.

Last edited:

Aspect

I think there are a few awesome jumping punch and jumping kick holds for characters I forgot to mention, but they don't happen nearly enough for me to remember what character had them. I get nailed by more dragon kicks than I can hold.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I think there are a few awesome jumping punch and jumping kick holds for characters I forgot to mention, but they don't happen nearly enough for me to remember what character had them. I get nailed by more dragon kicks than I can hold.

not that surprising considering you cant hold dragon kicks.

FatalxInnocence

All of Lei-Fangs advance holds ( apart from her mid kick advanced hold, that one looks dull as all hell. ) but I especially love her advanced low kick hold.

Nobody like the :3::h: parry of the Hold Master :bayman: lol ?
Mid punch hold's animation is simple, but the mid kick one always scares my **** out !
Parry_zps2eb682ee.jpg

Mortal Kombat's Fatality is nothing compared to this !

Musourenka

Ayane's regular mid-kick hold. Yes, her expert one is a much better hold, but I'm a huge fan of the Sophitia School of Neckbreaking.

Kokoro's low punch hold. Brutally simple, it tells the opponent "Enough of that 2P shit" better than words ever can.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD