[Dec 18, 2013] DOA5U @ Wednesday Night Fights (Walnut, CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodBurger

I'm open to ideas. I put a video out every week promoting the even and at least 100-500 people see it. Guessing they may be out of town, but I know there are at least a few people in there that are down in LA.

MeanMrMustard

GGs to everyone I played tonight. Maybe next week after the tourney I can do a little training with you guys to help the new guys out.

Air Gear - I think you need to launch sooner. You're playing the stun game too much and are too afraid of getting held so you delay and allow me to slow escape your stuns. Be a little more decisive and be less greedy and go for sooner launches and get your damage. Also work on your punishment. You were letting me get away with a lot of unsafe moves. Other than that your spacing and defense is good.

I also heard that if it doesn't get at least 12 next week it won't be there again. I already got the day off of work so I'll be there. Hopefully everyone shows next week.

reddyxm

Thank you to everyone that came out tonight for WNF!

If any local in the Southern California region wants to attend WNF but doesn't have the means of transportation, please leave a post here that you're interested and where your location is. If it's not crazy miles out of our ways, then we will make the effort to pick you up and drop you back home after. Also, most people that attend carpool with each other too. So please don't make the excuse of "I'm too tired" or "I'm too lazy". All you have to do is let your voice be heard and we'll try our best to make arrangements.

It doesn't matter what your skill level is. I'm definitely a beginner and lose more times than I would like but I go to learn and have a fun time with others who are enthusiastic about this game as I am. When you stop obsessing over trying to win and open your eyes, you can see and understand a lot more that is going on.

Few things I learned about myself playing Jared. After I get knocked back by my opponent, I will try to rush in and start whiffing alot of my attacks which gives my opponent free punish and combo. This is a charge in habit I developed from Marvel. I should be patient and start with square one of the spacing game. Instead of trying to hold every time I get stunned, I should try to slow escape. This is fighting game mechanic that I'm not used to since its not in AE or Marvel so I forgot I could do this until I realized Jared was doing that all the time during my delayed stun strings. I don't ever think I got more than a 3-4 hit combo. There were definitely alot of unsafe string ends I was doing so I got throw punished many times. I'm used to mashing in Marvel so I need to discipline my hands.

MeanMrMustard

Is this going to be the main thread for WNF from now on? I really hope more people can start making it out. There HAS to be more than 8 players in So Cal. I'm gonna see if Filipino Man can come next week too.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Is this going to be the main thread for WNF from now on? I really hope more people can start making it out. There HAS to be more than 8 players in So Cal. I'm gonna see if Filipino Man can come next week too.

We had 12 to 13 the first two weeks of WNF, which was the same players who attended lastnight and newer players too. But we do indeed new more players to come out and play and support.

I was out there the first two weeks, I'm in NorCal for two weeks right now for a tournament out here. But will be back early October. In the mean time, as Bloodburger and I were saying before, there needs to be a better way to promote DOA for WNF so more players will spark an interest.

MeanMrMustard

Well there might not be DOA at WNF by the time you get back if we don't get more people. SFxT was recently dropped due to low attendance.

BloodBurger

I think some of the really new guys get beat 0-2 and get scared off. If you're reading this and that's you, don't let losing discourage you. I'm not very good either. My average is 1-2.

Keep coming back. Only way to get better.

MeanMrMustard

Good to hear! I hope to see you on Wednesday.

Also, if anyone has any questions or wants any help next Wednesday feel free to ask. I don't mind helping out at all.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Any chance we can get this added to the front page? Like now? The sooner its there, the sooner more people will see it. I also think what Berzerk suggested before is a good idea. Hitting up Team Ninja's twitter NOW and their facebook about WNF should let them be aware that their game is getting attendance and exposure at a popular weekly event.

d3v

Time to tell it like it is.

This edition of WNF (10/2/2013) is make or break time for the DOA community in SoCal. If you want the game to continue to be at WNF (arguably the biggest weekly in SoCal) then you need to go, NO EXCUSES.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Well, I've just finished posting and tweeting TN about WNF. Other than that, we really do need at at 12 players to attend tomorrow night to play. Guys, we need to try to keep DOA5U at Super Arcade, it's great that we got it there in the first place. But now it's important that we keep it there.

Those of you that are interested in attending that hasn't gone yet, speak up, there may be a player here that is willing to help out with carpooling or something. Your main goal in attending should just be about meeting other players and playing together.

I hope a lot of you that haven't gone yet aren't feeling afraid of losing or are discouraged about not winning. You should go to have a good time, play, gain experience, get better, and meet other players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD