[Dec 18, 2013] DOA5U @ Wednesday Night Fights (Walnut, CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodBurger

Super Arcade - 1211 N Grand Ave, Walnut, CA 91789

Alex Valle and Super Arcade have invited us back for more DOA5U at Wednesday Night Fights.

We had a good turnout last week, but that doesn't mean the pressure is off. We need to maintain an attendance of at least 12 to keep the game at the local.

If you're in So Cal and you're a DOA5U player you need to be there to support!

Console:
- Xbox360
- This is a BYOC (bring your own controller) event.

Tournament Rules:
- 3/5 Rounds.
- Best 2 out of 3 Matches.
- Double Elimination.
- Normal Life Setting.
- 60 Second Time Limit.
- Dangerzones are on.
- Random Stage Select
- Winner Lock, Winner must keep the same character. Loser may change characters.
- Random Character Select is allowed, but if the winner wins with that character, they must use that character in the second match.
- Blind pick is allowed.
Entrance Fee: 10 dollars (5 to the pot, 5 to the venue)
Pay Out: To be determined. Probably 60/30/10 or 70/20/10 depending on what Valle wants to do.
Time: 8PM

Stream link:

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

Last edited:

loan_grains

Man wish i could go there but i live a little to far, but man i will try to drive there at least three times to WNF before this year ends, then its off to NEC2013 support the doa5u,it would be great of alex valle to at least give doa5u some live stream i hate how they keep doa away from the lime light you know what i mean its like the ugly sister that nobody wants around lol.

PacManila

Would love to go as well as I'm close to the area, but unfortunately I don't have a car >_<. Best of luck to those who can make it though.

reddyxm

Man wish i could go there but i live a little to far, but man i will try to drive there at least three times to WNF before this year ends, then its off to NEC2013 support the doa5u,it would be great of alex valle to at least give doa5u some live stream i hate how they keep doa away from the lime light you know what i mean its like the ugly sister that nobody wants around lol.

Last week, WNF was streaming some DOA casuals before the tournament. Then 30 minutes of the tournament. After that I don't know what happened. lol

Would love to go as well as I'm close to the area, but unfortunately I don't have a car >_<. Best of luck to those who can make it though.

Having no car isn't an excuse. You should contact any folks (doesn't matter what game they are playing) going to WNF that passes by your area for carpooling. Go post on shoryuken forums too. I'd carpool because the parking lot is small.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
CALI DOA, LET'S-A-GO!!!

To those of you that seem interested in going:

Definitely make the effort to attend. The more players that attend, the greater our turnouts will be and it'll give Alex Valle more a reason to give DOA more lime light and to keep DOA in WNF's tournament line up.

Not having a car isn't an excuse. I don't have a car, but I'm able to carpool with other players that offer or want me along for the ride. Players are doing what they can to support each other and support DOA out here.

I've said this before in both the NorCal and SoCal DOA matchmaking threads. If you don't have access to something, maybe another player will, you will not know of your possibilities of doing something if you do not at least ask someone else. If it cannot happen, then, there is nothing to be done about it. But you should still at least try to see if the possibility of getting out and attending something is there.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
9/18/2013 WNF DOA5U Results for top 3:

1st AFD TB HajinShinobi
2nd AFD Max536Drago
3rd NGL Filipin0man

Dayum, tonight was a lot of fun, again! Was awesome seeing the same friendly faces and even met more newer players. I think we had 13 people compete tonight. Tonight was so chill.

I wish we got more stream time through the tournament, but apparently there were some film makers at Super Arcade filming Street Fighter tonight (?), so other games were on stream pretty late. We still played and had a good time, so it's all good. DOA will definitely be at WNF again next week.

Anyone that hasn't attended before but is interested in attending, definitely make plans ahead of time to go. I promise you it's well worth the travel and to play everyone.

And gawd! I need to work on that Ayane v Genfu match up, a lot. I sometimes forget just how awful that damn match up is for her. It's literally her only bad match up, I have to get sharper in the match up (and in my play in general, still on that road of improving!). Never thought I'd actually make a chararcter switch, but I'm glad I did. Having a Genfu in my pocket actually paid off, LOL!

Rachel is a tough one, but is in no way overpowered or broken. People just have to learn the match up because it's easy to get caught in the vortex if you aren't that familiar with her (including myself as I don't have enough experience fighting her, yet). I just need to fight against her more to get the match up down and I'm all set.

This is a whole new game, and it's still very young at that. So, there's definitely a lot of discoveries to be made and match ups to be learned or relearned.

Again though, thanks to everyone that came out to WNF for DOA. We had another decent turnout and got some new players again. Hoping our turnouts will increase bit by bit and I'm totally looking forward to players leveling up too. Because I'm definitely going to continue training to level up myself.

Last edited:

d3v

Hope the the attendance to these things grows. This is definitely a good time for DOA to assert itself in the SoCal FGC.

BloodBurger

Results from tonight (9/25):

1st - Jared
2nd - AFD|A1R GEAR
3rd - Thoth

Only had 8 tonight. Gonna need more numbers if we hope to keep the game at WNF guys. Come thorugh next week.

Grand Final is in the media section.

Last edited:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Congrats to Jared for winning tonight and congrats to Air Gear for placing 2nd too. It's unfortunate DOA only had 8 entrants tonight. Hopefully more (at least 12) will attend next week.

I think....we need to construct a better way to promote WNF for DOA. And promote earlier ahead of time so more players are aware of the event. We can't let this slip again like it did with DOA5 vanilla in the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD