Dead Or Alive 5 E3 Build Experience

OSTCarmine

Yomi and guessing are the same thing. It's just that "yomi" comes off as an educated response, while "guessing" makes it seem more random.
huh, you learn something new everyday... i dont like calling it guessing though. it kinda diminishes the effort put into all the strategy a player brings to a battle.
Rikuto's strategy must require a crapload of work beforehand lol. if i had to describe my own i would call it controlled-chaos... though it does not always work out. i tend to bait more than i read

MajesticBlue

Ok, Going to revive this.
Even though this build is out of date I do have a few questions. Well more then a few actually. The only characters I really could play as of the e3 build would have been a ninja or Bayman.

Bayman seems to share a lot with his Doad counterpart. All I did with him was 3P string mixups combined with qcfP, 3K, 2F+K and his PP strings(9P and whatever that P+K high crush move...66K as well) After I got a stun it became 3K_Throw_OH. If I went for 3K it became qcfP_OH. Even my bnb juggle looks to be intact. Counter hit qcfP 6KP (PP6K) Yeah that sting is gone but P6PK should work. From what I have seen and read that all seems to be pretty legit in Doa 5. Having the muscle memory behind that could go either way........

My main has been Ryu for a long time....and he is very very different now. It would make me kinda nervous to play him to some extent. Plus not sure how fast I could relearn him. Or break muscle memory. Since he has been changed so much, I will ask more questions about him later. I kinda want to compare one thing at a time.

Punish throws.
If it is not too hard I would like to know the frames on Ryu's and Bayman's punish throws. I remember Ryu has a 4 frame neutral grab. Not sure about much else other then at one point his Izuna was 10 frames. He only has his ws4T OH now as well. I guess the only frames that would matter are the speed of his 4T and 6T.

With Bayman I really don't know much other then his punish game has been lacking in the past. Does he still have his Doa 4 3T? The frames on the OH don't really mean much to me unless he has a very fast one. So when it come to throw punishment does he have options? 4T?

No huge hurry on the questions. Only a few people would have access to the info anyway. Hope asking for such frame heavy info isn't a bother. If I could figure it out myself I would lol. Thanks.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
5 frame neutral grab for Hayabusa and I believe his 6H+P is 7. It's not as easy to punish with the forward grab as in older games. I wouldn't worry too much about frame data yet, though. Things will likely change and I wouldn't be surprised if Hayabusa was sped up a bit in the grab department. You can't really play him like he played previously, so your worries are slightly justified there.

That being said, he plays a very good pressure game now, even better than before, and has (or at least had as of the most recent builds) a ton of guard breaks and fast strikes coupled with his awesome mixup potential. Ninpo is much faster, he can do a counter of sorts out of his ninpo now that puts you behind the opponent (though not with a ton of advantage, if any), and his grabs are as deadly as ever. That air grab is clutch for getting that extra push towards a wall or other danger zone.

I'll leave the Bayman questions to Doc or Rikuto. I haven't gotten to touch him. They didn't play Dimensions, though, so don't look for comparisons much. Rikuto has like a cumulative hour with the Dimensions Bayman lol.

MajesticBlue

Oh, great. I kinda forgot that worst case scenario I have his generic tools to work with like 6P and 2K etc. Plus guard breaks actually working now gives me something to look for.

One of my biggest concerns was his launchers. If I recall correctly I saw lots of 4K. My initial thought was it was his new 8k(in terms of use). It left him in ninpo in the alpha though..so unless it is safe can't he just be throw out of it? qcfP was too slow and unsafe unless changed. 8K is a lot slower and high. 4K is high. His Doa 4 2P+K might be decent if he still has it. That leaves 6KK. I never really liked 6KK. Then again if he can CB! he can do whatever he wants I guess. That reminds me. What is his CB! and PB commands? PB was universal but I want to say I remember that being changed.

You are right about frame data not really being an issue. As much as I hate to admit it I play by numbers though. So pre-launch tournaments are gonna be akward for me. Not to mention the shock of playing offline.

I understand the Doa 4 and most of the Doa 5 engine well enough that anything Rikuto or DrDogg say should make sense. It does kinda suck having learned the game on something as akward as that though. Whats weird for me is I can see elements of Doa5 in Doad.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Bayman effectively has 44H+P again as a punisment throw that gives solid mixup and guaranteed damage with it. As for 3K, once you get 3K you can do 236P and it will either hit a super-high launch if they aren't stagger escaping or get high launch height if they are. Otherwise, you can go for a critical burst 7P if you know they aren't. From there you can juggle with 3PP6K H 8P 662H+P or if you're against the wall you would do 3PP6K H PP6K.

From what I've seen at least. Additionally, H+K will put the opponent on limbo stun if your stance is correct. I'm having trouble finding a good juggle to use 3K3P+K2H+P.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD