Brad Wong DOA5U Changes

HoodsXx

nanhoudrops, i'm curious. do you ever utilize 3.K (Ren-Jikusenho, it's that 2 part lying-stance kick that you get by quickly tapping 3 followed by K) . it's very useful when you anticipate a high or mid and are not in stun - it's quick enough that it's disorienting to an opponent. i think it's a great way to enter lying stance on counter hit. even if the opponent blocks, it has an identical follow-up kick or could also be free-canceled into LFT H+K, LFT P, or even Brad's infamous lying-stance offensive hold... the opponent doesn't have much time to choose between these options!

thoughts?

If you mean WRKK its a good move to use at R1F (Round 1 Fight/Beginning of match). Since its 12i and stops most peoples offense. Only bad thing about it is that there isn't much mixup out of it. But you can also use BT 2P at R1F as well since its 12i as well. That move tracks and is fairly powerful. It also sets up his BT game too. Just some things to let you know.

If you mean WRKK its a good move to use at R1F (Round 1 Fight/Beginning of match). Since its 12i and stops most peoples offense. Only bad thing about it is that there isn't much mixup out of it. But you can also use BT 2P at R1F as well since its 12i as well. That move tracks and is fairly powerful. It also sets up his BT game too. Just some things to let you know.

interesting... I haven't made much use of 2p before (certainly not for its handstand transition!), but to start a BT offense I can see how it would be advantageous...

Squizzo

Changes in the upcoming patch (roughly translated).
The change to 38 ⇒ 40 damage: 236P. Adjust hit close distance.
Change to -6 ⇒-5F guard stiffness difference: 6H + K, 6KK

ShinQuan

small positive things I suppose. Would it kill to be at a advantage on 236P's GB? I still dont understand breaking someones guard and being at a disadvantage.

Seppu

it seems like every time team ninja releases a patch, they close their eyes and randomly pick out some moves to change for each character.

first brad's :6::H+K: was -3, then -6, and now -5. it's good that it's safe at close range again though (will likely be grappler safe at tip range too).

brad's extended close hit reach for :236::P: is good, but it would be nice if running punch had close hit properties too. there are a few setups where he can utilise a close hit :236::P: from a bounce or backwards roll animation, but compared to other options, the damage is fairly low.

side note: laughed pretty hard at hitomi's high kicks going from -1 to -5. say goodbye to lag abusing hitomi's that mash the jab button out of disadvantage, @P1naatt1ke1tt0 ;)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD