Brad Wong DOA5U Changes

HoodsXx

So far, from the stream that was putt up for 5U yesterday, these are the only changes I've seen so far.

• Brad's 6P can go into 6P4P/K
  • Brad goes into BT faster at neutral
  • Brad's 6K is now a bound instead of a sit-down stun.
  • His DHO Transitions got even faster from the looks of it.
Now, I didn't see any new moves, but I'm personally not too fond of his 6K being a bound, especially since it's been a Sit-down stun for ages now. 8P probably still is a Sit-down stun on crouching, but even then that's really ill, as it rarely ever happens... I"ll give you guys more info when I find out more stuff. ^^

HoodsXx

I made a forum post here for when 5U drops. So it can be updated instead of using an old thread and having people cycle through pages.

ShinQuan

So far, from the stream that was putt up for 5U yesterday, these are the only changes I've seen so far.

• Brad's 6P can go into 6P4P/K
  • Brad goes into BT faster at neutral
  • Brad's 6K is now a bound instead of a sit-down stun.
  • His DHO Transitions got even faster from the looks of it.
Now, I didn't see any new moves, but I'm personally not too fond of his 6K being a bound, especially since it's been a Sit-down stun for ages now. 8P probably still is a Sit-down stun on crouching, but even then that's really ill, as it rarely ever happens... I"ll give you guys more info when I find out more stuff. ^^
Wow..BT faster at neutral is awesome! Same goes for DHO getting even faster if thats true :)

ShinQuan

you guys liking that new 4P mixup during combos now? I like it but still want some actual NEW moves. I know Ill be disappointed. Oh well 1 and a half weeks left to go!!

Seppu

a quick update on my previous post:
  • another new move, bt :4::P::4:. works the same as :6::P::4:
  • bt :4::P::P: string is now a sit down stun instead of knocking the opponent back and causes a bound when it exceeds the threshold. this makes up for him losing his :6::K: sit down stun somewhat, but it still sucks not having one you can just throw out while standing. as of now, all of 3 of his sit down stuns require special properties (crouching opponent, backturned string, reverse handstand) however it is still possible that it sits down on normal hit, though that would very rarely happen in an actual fight. all of :6::K: that has been shown so far was on a counter hit
  • can still cb in 3 hits with :2::H+K::K:, :6::6::P:
  • handstand inputs are unchanged and still :6::6::P+K:
  • his power launcher is :236::[p+k]:
  • :4::P::P: and :P::P::P: cause the new spinning launch effect
  • and his force out tag attack is his running punch
current long hair status: unknown.

HoodsXx

I'll add to that as well.
  • Originally only his :P+K: caused a fall over stun like C1 was mentioning before. But now, :6::P::P: also causes that type of stun which is nice to know. :bradwong:

Tones

Premium Donor
What a shame Chosen1 sucks. He's probably the only Brad play who can voice to team ninja Brad's 66p+k bullshit.

HoodsXx

Lol! Well hopefully at TFC Tones they'll see my Brad and I'm able to :) talk to Tom Lee and let him know of my knowledge of the game and of Brad as a character. By the way anything you guys are wanting me to potentially ask him for Brad let me know and I'll make a list of the things to ask him.

Seppu

:6::K: still causes a Sit down stun on NH
this is good to hear. too bad that never happens unless your opponent is just standing there doing nothing.

i also noticed that :P::K: causes the spinning launch effect, and with bt :4::P::P: being a new sit down stun/bound, he effectively has a new sit down stun/bound from bt and lht (lht :6::P::P:) which is cool.

what annoys me the most though is that eliot gets a brand new hairstyle while brad doesn't get his old hairstyle. bullshit!

update: :3_::P::[[P]]: causes a bound and :8::P: causes a bound when it exceeds the threshold.

Last edited:

HoodsXx

6K actually is a pretty good mid ranged poke when coming in. Even if it is a little slow.

Seppu

@Tones @Tulkas @HoodsXx @ShinQuan

i don't know if anyone has noticed this yet, but brad has a low parry (:h:) from lht!

previously if you got hit by his running punch, the only true way to knock him out of it was with a tracking low, as non tracking and tracking high/mids could be sidestepped or offensive held and non tracking lows could be sidestepped.

the frames are 0 (20) 16 and the (dis)advantage varies on the timing. the most i've been able to get so far is around -5 to +14.
i'm curious as to why his hold has been increased from 2 to 4.

there's nothing spectacular about his holds at the moment, so it makes me wonder if he'll be getting some advanced holds or something. it's probably nothing, but it would be cool if that were the case.
now we know, he has a low parry. this is a great addition for brad wong.

some other stuff that's different from 5 (that i remember):
  • :6::H+K: and variations are no longer safe and can be punished with a low throw at close range
  • lht :K:(:8:) no longer tracks
  • :8::P: that previously only worked on crouching opponents now needs to be on crouching and counter hit
  • running punch now avoids lows like :236::P:
  • the damage for hs/rhs :K: and hs :H+P: have been reduced
  • hs :K:(:K::K:) doesn't refloat as high, causing some juggles to whiff
  • hs :6::6:, rhs :4::4:/:h:, bt :7::P: and :9::P: now properly avoid lows
  • :3_::P::[[P]]: gives more advantage on block
  • :3::K:(:P::P:) doesn't refloat as high, causing some juggles to whiff
  • the initial frames for :4::H+P: have been reduced

Last edited:

Tones

Premium Donor
I hope theres more than just that.

6p4 4p+h p+h and 6p4p that's going to be awesome.

BTW 4p+h p+h has always been there and has a it leads into a 50/50. Follow that up with 6p+h. Opponent has to attack or duck to escape it and if they do just 214p. If they are against a wall after the p+h, p+h again.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Without me, Seppu, who's gamertag is a super-secret secret thing, wouldn't have found Brad's new sabaki parry so fast. :cool: [/brag]

Last edited:

Seppu

he's right.

we were practising some brad/hitomi tag juggles in online dojo, and i just so happened to hit brad with a low as he was standing up. needless to say, it was a beautiful moment.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD