Brad Wong DOA5U Changes

Seppu

no, but he can avoid lows in handstand anyway. i tried all other stance cancels and special moves and they're exactly the same.

i was kind of hoping dho :2::2:/:P::P::8: would have some special properties, but it's still completely useless and doesn't even avoid lows, despite being a jumping move.

Tulkas

Premium Donor
i was kind of hoping dho :2::2:/:P::P::8: would have some special properties, but it's still completely useless and doesn't even avoid lows, despite being a jumping move.
Other issue to add to de long Brad's list...

Tulkas

Premium Donor
On the bad side:
  • Brad's :6::H+K: became unsafe from -3 in vanilla to -6 in ultimate... What a shame... :(
  • Damage of air throw decrease to 25 from 30 :( So now it seems other combos do even better damage than:
    BT :F+P::5::F+P: :2::P+K: :K::8: :K::K::K: :F+P:
  • Damage from many launcher decreased because better juggles of vanilla doesn't connect in ultimate. For example: :6::6::F+K: :K: :3::K::P: :7::K: does't connect in ultimate
However I still have hope TN know what he is doing and it's for the sake of balance...

ShinQuan

Ive been using it too Ive had some awesome moments!! Too bad if your opponent has half a brain theyll just low grab you out of LHT. 236P is still what -7 or -8 on GB?

Tones

Premium Donor
-5 (unsafe) on guard, -4 (safe) if you hit them with the second active frame. If it whiffs it crushes mid attacks during recovery.

Seppu

i've mostly been using his parry after small juggles that only grant something like :3::K::P::P:, and after bt :2::P+K: and running punch if they start using tracking lows. so for example, small launch, :3::K::P::P:, down :2::P::2_:. now you can roll to avoid a mid wake up kick and punish, or parry to avoid the low. if you don't wait for their reaction and they tech backwards, you might as well still hold down after :2::P: as they have the same recovery regardless and it has that invincibility when you enter lay, so chances are you'll roll away from them, go right under their attack and surprise them with a kick to the face. out of experience though, most people like to go for the low afterwards, and when you unexpectedly parry them, they're caught off guard and are still pressing buttons because of it, giving you a free launch or stun game.

sometimes if you parry and they do a mid wake up kick though, it'll go straight through you, (despite being instantly standing) which is strange. if you do manage to get hit by a mid while parrying, you'll only suffer small damage and that worthless -9 as if you were just standing there, so it's not a big deal.
Hold R2 at the end of a match for Brads new Win outro.
you only have to hold kick for his new win pose, which would be b/circle by default. pretty lazy how he says something different in japanese though, but in english it's the same "i don't need to drink" line.

ShinQuan

wierd, I tried all buttons for the outro and R2 is the one that worked. Ill try again. The line he says is from his old DOA4 outro which is "the more you drink the crazier you get" subtitles need changing lol

Tones

Premium Donor
6p+k is now -3 on block 6p+kp is -6 on block. I'm pretty sure this used to be the other way around. Kinda a give and take because 6p+k was always pseudo safe because of the follow up but the follow up was easy to read/counter.

EDIT: Nevermind. That was a change from DOA4 to DOA5.

Last edited:

Tones

Premium Donor
pp6k2 2kk2 etc are back.

Interesting he has no longer has a tracking move from LHT but now has that parry.

Tones

Premium Donor
HS p now is only +5-12 on hit. Meaning LFT k no longer connects (gay) and it's now a 50/50 with his OH (40d-60d) or his K launcher (up to 80d).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD