The Art Style and Graphics Discussion

DedUp

Just wanted to show some of my Tekken 7 customs

Eliza
nxLJOM4.jpg

lK0nEyO.jpg

When I first tried to customize Eliza, her butt looked so big I though it was some kind of glitch. I had to try a few costumes before I realized it was intentional.

Alisa
CtgeiJS.jpg

The shirt used to be black before the palette got nerfed. Also they don't allow you to change the belt color for some reason so I couldn't match it with the rest of the outfit.
4znOx25.jpg

pNqomuo.jpg

Asuka
sZP62Km.jpg

bDeWSwZ.jpg

aJM5IWD.jpg

Kazumi
O7OMKkH.jpg

TvNJHF5.jpg

qt4BCOA.jpg

WVTu6Ry.jpg

fdJcCSy.jpg

Bob
XHWsvhV.jpg

Heihachi
YD5D79P.jpg

pMoPBIx.jpg

eIVGNQE.jpg

Claudio
oJBzUli.jpg

pdOQzwo.jpg

sfOsXZQ.jpg

King
3KZfP7i.jpg

0GwYXJY.jpg

Gigas
mmNS9Oi.jpg

j2gTU7b.jpg

rmB8HnQ.jpg

i3rPu9e.jpg

Lars
5uBojoU.jpg

QC0n3WR.jpg

Shaheen
W2WiH0y.jpg

Not really much to this one but I just liked it with the hat and the glasses. It makes me think of a black market arms trader for some reason.

Yoshimitsu
PtIoyVs.jpg

Tried to give the impression of blood spatter on his front.

Bryan
80j7Yp3.jpg

97di6iW.jpg

uiDz9e8.jpg

Dragunov
hbDlEQV.jpg

1BcjDmN.jpg

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
Just wanted to show some of my Tekken 7 customs

Eliza
nxLJOM4.jpg

lK0nEyO.jpg

When I first tried to customize Eliza, her butt looked so big I though it was some kind of glitch. I had to try a few costumes before I realized it was intentional.

Alisa
CtgeiJS.jpg

The shirt used to be black before the palette got nerfed. Also they don't allow you to change the belt color for some reason so I couldn't match it with the rest of the outfit.
4znOx25.jpg

pNqomuo.jpg

Asuka
sZP62Km.jpg

bDeWSwZ.jpg

aJM5IWD.jpg

Kazumi
O7OMKkH.jpg

TvNJHF5.jpg

qt4BCOA.jpg

WVTu6Ry.jpg

fdJcCSy.jpg

Bob
XHWsvhV.jpg

Heihachi
YD5D79P.jpg

pMoPBIx.jpg

eIVGNQE.jpg

Claudio
oJBzUli.jpg

pdOQzwo.jpg

sfOsXZQ.jpg

King
3KZfP7i.jpg

0GwYXJY.jpg

Gigas
mmNS9Oi.jpg

j2gTU7b.jpg

rmB8HnQ.jpg

i3rPu9e.jpg

Lars
5uBojoU.jpg

QC0n3WR.jpg

Shaheen
W2WiH0y.jpg

Not really much to this one but I just liked it with the hat and the glasses. It makes me think of a black market arms trader for some reason.

Yoshimitsu
PtIoyVs.jpg

Tried to give the impression of blood spatter on his front.

Bryan
80j7Yp3.jpg

97di6iW.jpg

uiDz9e8.jpg

Dragunov
hbDlEQV.jpg

1BcjDmN.jpg
How do you get shots that close? Did you crop them?

DedUp

Some are with Rage Arts which automatically zoom in for you. The other shots are just from customization mode with manual zoom and cropped.

Jadeinchains

Here's by the way the Kingdom Hearts 3 Toy Story announcement trailer in HQ:

It does look very impressive. O: In the Toy Story cutscenes in the second half of the trailer only the aliasing is telling this isn't prerendered but real time graphics.

Yeah I've been seeing that trailer get posted in other threads now and lol Sora does look a bit crazy there but It is good looking.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

japanese toy story voices sound so strange.
i might get kingdom hearts III as my first kingdom hearts game maybe. it does look like a lot of fun.
i just never played kingdom hearts cause i had an annoying friend who was like 'play it play it but don't buy it, pirate it and download from my link i swear it's not a virus'

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
Dragon Quest XI looks like it's going to be really good, these are some more recent screenshots I saw when I searched. As soon as it's announced for release in the US I'll be preordering it straight away

Dragon-Quest-XI.jpg

Dragon-Quest-XI-story-11.jpg

dragon-quest-xi-3-4-470x310@2x.jpg

013-3.jpg

KnacKrover

japanese toy story voices sound so strange.
i might get kingdom hearts III as my first kingdom hearts game maybe. it does look like a lot of fun.
i just never played kingdom hearts cause i had an annoying friend who was like 'play it play it but don't buy it, pirate it and download from my link i swear it's not a virus'

The series has won between Disney and FF series fans so far... I never play KH series either. To be honest, I may look foward to try.

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
Street fighter 5 should be coming tomorrow for me so I'll post some pics, although I honestly want to take a good pic of those cool particle effects that show up from a v trigger

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Have I mentioned before, how unattractive Street Fighter 5 is? Not just as a full game package, but also its visuals in general. While the PC version does look clearly better than the botched PS4 version, even that doesn't help much overall. I realized this again when the newest character DLC trailer released:

1f604c248939eb44fb2a1f68ffb701ef.jpg

834a0dc03f78a353ab34b5d8b9a60c05.jpg

The character design and character model already are unattractive, but take a look at the stage background. Those are literally PS2 quality assets. Blurry, low resolution textures, crude, undetailed geometry and on top of that the complete stage design is bland and boring.
As a reminder, this is how stages in other current fighters look like:

35071357752_7d06e20e8f_o.png

35071355422_dd11c1c6d3_o.png

Jadeinchains

Have I mentioned before, how unattractive Street Fighter 5 is? Not just as a full game package, but also its visuals in general. While the PC version does look clearly better than the botched PS4 version, even that doesn't help much overall. I realized this again when the newest character DLC trailer released:

1f604c248939eb44fb2a1f68ffb701ef.jpg

834a0dc03f78a353ab34b5d8b9a60c05.jpg

The character design and character model already are unattractive, but take a look at the stage background. Those are literally PS2 quality assets. Blurry, low resolution textures, crude, undetailed geometry and on top of that the complete stage design is bland and boring.
As a reminder, this is how stages in other current fighters look like:

35071357752_7d06e20e8f_o.png

35071355422_dd11c1c6d3_o.png

Lol don't rain on Kasumi's parade let him enjoy SFV. :p And yeah though that new character is a complete mess. Everything about them is terrible.

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
It comes in the mail hopefully today or tomorrow so I can't wait to see it up close!

I took more pics of lili but mainly because I wanted to see if she struck any non fighting poses during certain moves and she actually does which I find graceful. To avoid assumptions I used her default(although now I regret it since her skirt is a bit short) and I opted to use Lili as an opponent over Devil Jin whom I usually use

DFBUWA8XgAIaeqY

DFBUT99XUAAexka

DFBVJgNVoAACpoX

This stumble happens if Lili tries to do her Eldeweiss low attack against a blocking opponent

DEqi7xoXoAAYVQd

Her curl hairstyle grew on me, the actual curls are nicely made and seem a bit better than her traditional loose hair

DFBUTdUXYAAfpPu

DFBVLEfVYAAd8dw

This attack is her removed move "en garde" which was a wake up attack in Tekken 5 and 6, but it's still present in her second 10 hit combo

DFBUXyzXUAA8Blb

Eldeweiss in it's entirety

Jadeinchains

You know I see those ridiculous noble curls on a lot of characters like Lili and frankly...They're ugly. Not to mention I seriously doubt that anyone would actually wear they're hair like that in real life. Also I'm still not a massive fan of Lili's new outfit either. The violet floral leggings with that dress that just doesn't look nice, Not only cause it isn't nice but also because It just looks weird. Lili's normal outfit remains her unbeaten best outfit.

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
I like everything about lili so :p Her curls aren't the best but I only really like the front curls, I wouldn't mind the back being straight and her bangs being reverted to how they normally look. I also like her normal default but the boots, sleeves and overall design of her new one makes the old one look cheap in comparison, plus the skirt and sleeves and ribbon lace all move while only the ascot tie on the original moves

Jadeinchains

I like everything about lili so :p Her curls aren't the best but I only really like the front curls, I wouldn't mind the back being straight and her bangs being reverted to how they normally look. I also like her normal default but the boots, sleeves and overall design of her new one makes the old one look cheap in comparison, plus the skirt and sleeves and ribbon lace all move while only the ascot tie on the original moves

Really I loved her old boots lol. I think her new one just looks a little over the top and I don't like the colour scheme. Oh well though lol.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

You know I see those ridiculous noble curls on a lot of characters like Lili and frankly...They're ugly. Not to mention I seriously doubt that anyone would actually wear their hair like that in real life.

I have but it was for a special occasion.
I think the curls are better than her default hair probably because less clipping issues and the back of lili's default hair O_O but only with circle/oval glasses. looks weird without glasses
I have an odd sense of style though. Hire me as a costume designer the game would lose all its fans:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

i do think tekken 7 needs a bit of a graphics update for what it is. maybe a patch like kof?

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
They could update some hair and maybe some of the more stranger looking faces but other than that I don't honestly see much they can improve, it looks fine in my eyes, they could overhaul the customization mode to make it deeper. I think the shaders and lighting are some of the best I've seen 9n current gen, characters can wear the same outfit in every stage but they always look different in every stage due to how great the lighting looks. They can also afford to update how the characters sweat, in tekken you can sweat by taking damage which I think is stupid. It should be like DOA where attacking makes you sweat

Jadeinchains

I mean now that I think about it princess curls are actually pretty common so I'm not sure why I thought no one would wear it like that lol! XD Although to be fair T7 is bad looking to the point were it clouds my feelings on things. Actually looking it up on real people it looks nice.

There was other photos but it's called Princess curls and Kate's an actual princess so she seems most fitting for it -
5896744609c8c70933d8a6076d049f9f--kate-middleton-haircut-kate-middleton-hair-color.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Lili's is one of the laziest and tropiest character designs in all of Tekken, which is already full of those (like most fighting games are, to be fair). She is the stereotypical European ojou-sama: of European nobility, usually British, French or German, blonde, long hair, often with drills, wearing frilly loli clothing, they are snobbish, do that strange arrogant laugh once in a while and are often accompanied by a servant. There are literally hundreds of Lilies in manga, anime and Japanese games:

To have a meaningful discussion about her character design is like contemplating the deeper meaning of a Scooter song, lol:

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Lili's is one of the laziest and tropiest character designs in all of Tekken, which is already full of those (like most fighting games are, to be fair). She is the stereotypical European ojou-sama: of European nobility, usually British, French or German, blonde, long hair, often with drills, wearing frilly loli clothing, they are snobbish, do that strange arrogant laugh once in a while and are often accompanied by a servant. There are litreally hundreds of Lili's in manga, anime and Japanese games.

To have a meaningful discussion about her character design is like comtemplating the deeper meaning of a Scooter song, lol:

Yeah lol I was thinking that, It's a pretty common thing I guess for that type of character. Also OMG! XD Scooter, You gave me horrible horrible flash backs damn you! :p Now I'm just thinking of that music video of everyone jumping.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD