Final Fantasy Thread

the space cadet

I really like what I've seen so far in the demo. And the final version is gonna be so. much. better.

Is it just me that thinks regenerating health and MP is kinda really dumb in a JRPG? why the fuck does XV have that?
Either the demo is on easy mode, or XV is streamlined to hell and back with hand holding.
You mean like how FF13, FF13-2, and Lightning Returns restores everything after every battle?

I'd guess XV "fucking" has it because there aren't any set save points to restore your health, aside from when you camp at night.

the space cadet

Normal mode didn't either? It's been a long time since I've played LR, so I don't remember the details. Regardless, the original point still applies.

UpSideDownGRUNT

You mean like how FF13, FF13-2, and Lightning Returns restores everything after every battle?

I'd guess XV "fucking" has it because there aren't any set save points to restore your health, aside from when you camp at night.
No need to get extremely defensive.... And yes, that WAS dumb and I didn't like that either, like Forte said that was only on easy mode in LR on Normal and Hard you had to rely on using X potions or wasting EP on casting Curaga which is how it was done before.

And no save points outside of camp is no excuse, the game has potions why not use them? Regenerating HP/MP is just stupid especially since allies can just heal you without consequence or using your potions etc. And atleast in XIII if you died that was it you died please use Pheonix Down instead in XV you get a small portion of extra health for you to use a full heal or revived by a team mate.

These are the only problems I have but for me these are pretty big problems. I probably won't get XV day one or anything but I am interested.

EDIT: Just to reiterate I'm not trying to hate on the game I actually really like the demo the regenerating health is literally my only gripe with it and I hope there's a mode to turn it off in the full version or only in like easy mode or something.

Last edited:

the space cadet

Ahhh... your edit. The irony is that it one of us certainly does seem to be defensive. Also, eliminating one title with auto-health doesn't hide the notion that two other titles still remain.

And no save points to restore your health outside of camping at night is most definately a legitimate reason to restore health during battles. This is the same principle why shields regenerate in rpg's like Mass Effect. There's no save points in the middle of the map for you to open your menu and select a tent.

And regarding menus, to me, what's the difference between taking cover during battles to regenerate health (at the detriment of taking more damage) or selecting a potion? Are you not still using a "turn" to restore health during a fight?

And after the battle, to me, I'd prefer being able to be on my way after having managed my health during the fight, rather than having to stop what I'm doing to open a menu, scroll through options, and select a potion. After doing that and closing the menu, theeeeeeen I can be on my way.

Let's also keep in mind two more things:

1. Your health and MP after a battle does not auto-restore. It simply remains at the levels you had managed them during the fight... meaning you still will be opening your menu and selecting potions post fight.

2. This is a demo

UpSideDownGRUNT

Ahhh... your edit. The irony is that it one of us certainly does seem to be defensive. Also, eliminating one title with auto-health doesn't hide the notion that two other titles still remain.

And no save points to restore your health outside of camping at night is most definately a legitimate reason to restore health during battles. This is the same principle why shields regenerate in rpg's like Mass Effect. There's no save points in the middle of the map for you to open your menu and select a tent.

And regarding menus, to me, what's the difference between taking cover during battles to regenerate health (at the detriment of taking more damage) or selecting a potion? Are you not still using a "turn" to restore health during a fight?

And after the battle, to me, I'd prefer being able to be on my way after having managed my health during the fight, rather than having to stop what I'm doing to open a menu, scroll through options, and select a potion. After doing that and closing the menu, theeeeeeen I can be on my way.

Let's also keep in mind two more things:

1. Your health and MP after a battle does not auto-restore. It simply remains at the levels you had managed them during the fight... meaning you still will be opening your menu and selecting potions post fight.

2. This is a demo
Hey now, my edit was just to fix typos and tomake sure you got that the health thing is the only gripe I had.

And its still unnecessary when like I said allies I think its Ignis just heals you in the middle of battle, or everyone when in danger status.

I don't think I ever used more than 5 potions in the entirety of the demo and they were all almost exclusively on Deadeye... And I never noticed that it didn't regen outside of battle because.
I always had full health when the fight ended :/ but I'll be happy if this is just a demo thing, kinda like how the LR demo makes you obtusely OP but in the retail game the prologue is nowhere near as easy.

I'm just not overly hyped about XV as much, idk if it's just because I don't want to get disappointed like I did with XIII originally or if I'm just not into the whole style FF is going in.

Chapstick

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally killed one of the big yellow things. Along with it, I had to fight respawning orange things, 4 waves of soldiers, some night dogs, and some goblins because it was fucking night by the time I had this thing's health down to critical. And a goblin stole one of my potions. Little bastard. The final exp count for the fight was 4400 or so and I got 0% exp bonus. ):

Edit- just stopped by the gas station and the item it dropped (I think it was a horn) sold for 3k.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I just don't have the heart to kill any of the garulas. ;__; @Chapstick

I finished the demo and wow, what an end battle! Loved it! :D
Before you go to the Behemoth you must clear the goblin cave and get your "prize" otherwise the end won't be half as epic and satisfying.

Some more pics:
final_fantasy_xv_duscae_2_by_doafanboi-d8mp7e9.jpg

I wouldn't want to hurt those gentle giants either. ;__;

final_fantasy_xv_duscae_5_by_doafanboi-d8mp89x.jpg

Cindy would fit right in with DOA. XD

final_fantasy_xv_duscae_6_by_doafanboi-d8mp8jh.jpg

O:

final_fantasy_xv_duscae_8_by_doafanboi-d8mp91m.jpg

Chapstick

They're cute and all but I needs my exp. ;) One fight I had with a group of them the framerate seemed to dip to about 15fps or below a few times.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Been playing type-0, I'm starting to get an interest in Sice and Seven there's just something about them I like especially Seven and her cycling shorts xD

EDIT: Seven is magnificent :oops:
Screenshot-Original.png

Last edited:

LightSonic

Seven is really nice. For me, it's the chain whip and she looks cool. lol In my party, I mainly use her and Queen. The 3rd character for my main party is between Rem, Trey and Machina depending on the mission.

Chapstick

They've been putting camera sensitivity sliders in the last several games, really curious why they didn't put one in type 0.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I was about to come in here and ask if anyone else here has tried out FF Record Keeper. It's definitely better than All the Bravest.
That would be because their business practices have improved since then.

Chapstick

Looks like ffx/x-2 on PS4 lets you switch the music back to PS2's if you want.

Also just stumbled across a new version of FFXIV, Heavensward?

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Yeah, expansion coming I believe in June (might be July, I forget). Has Dark Knights and Engineers as added jobs.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD