Final Fantasy Thread

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Square Enix finally realized literally everyone hated FFX's remastered soundtrack
To be fair, while most of them were unnecessary, there were a few diamonds in the rough in that remastered soundtrack.

"Brass de Chocobo" and "Battle With Seymour" were exceptional improvements over the original IMO, if only because its original composer did those himself. Personally, I thought it was a good call on Uematsu's part to arrange "Battle With Seymour" similarly to the Black Mages version. The original version lacked a certain richness to the synth, which the Black Mages version addressed.

the space cadet

And to continue to be fair, the people that "hated" the remastered tracks are voiced by memories rather than neutral objection. A very specific melody accompanies our memories of FFX, so taking the same images and scenes, but paralleled with an alternate melody, we're quick to dismiss it simply because it's different. It alienates our memories. If any of us listen to an arranged track for what it is, an individual piece of music, then it would be almost absurd to claim it sucks. It's still (mostly) Uematsu's foundation.

I actually enjoyed playing through FFXHD with arranged music. The only one that made me groan was the Besaid theme. It was fine as a piece of music... I just felt that the change to the sound didn't suit the tropical setting of Besaid nearly as much as the original. To me, it almost fits The Calm Lands map better.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Woah, just saw 6(!!!) wild Chocobos:

16469336183_e358b02a91_o.jpg

One of these very rare, horned beasts, was for a change really tame and let me take some pics:

16903689179_3353f5b92e_o.jpg

16882501327_11ab496975_o.jpg

And that's how I like my Behemoth best:

16902236188_daa2d023de_o.jpg

...extra well done. ;)

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Someone cracked the demo and there is hidden data of Leviathan, Phoenix and Alexander. With the first one obvious from the trailer, but the last two might be included in the full game. (Assuming they don't take them out.)

Chapstick

If you kill the horned things you can get 777 exp and the horn they drop sells for decent money. The only way I've been able to kill them is warp strike over and over then wait until your mp rises again to start warp striking again

Tyaren

Standard Donor
If you kill the horned things you can get 777 exp and the horn they drop sells for decent money. The only way I've been able to kill them is warp strike over and over then wait until your mp rises again to start warp striking again
Lol, I didn't touch it after the photo and just went my way. I also can't kill the garulas. They're so docile and cute. ;__;

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Someone cracked the demo and there is hidden data of Leviathan, Phoenix and Alexander. With the first one obvious from the trailer, but the last two might be included in the full game. (Assuming they don't take them out.)

Acording to this picture in the credits of the demo...

FFXV_Demo_Artwork2.png

...we can be pretty sure, that Ramuh, Titan, Shiva, Bahamuth, that Mermaid(?) on Noctis side and Leviathan and Kraken on the enemy's side will be in the game.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Acording to this picture in the credits of the demo...

FFXV_Demo_Artwork2.png

...we can be pretty sure, that Ramuh, Titan, Shiva, Bahamuth, that Mermaid(?) on Noctis side and Leviathan and Kraken on the enemy's side will be in the game.

No no, what I mean is that the following 3 had data that was meant to be used within the demo.

1) Ramuh
2) Leviathan (Dummy)
3) Phoenix (Dummy)
4) Alexander (Dummy) - The dummy are just false activation of something that was suppose to be there but does not work because the actual data is not there.

They were a selection to be used but the demo would freeze and only Ramuh worked which leads to believe that the other three (Leviathan, Phoenix & Alexander) were suppose to be in the demo/game but did not have an actual model and animation within the demo itself. Selecting them would just instantly crash the demo. Titan and Leviathan was confirmed long before this and Titan was in the demo by bypassing a wall glitch.

Titan as you can see here:

Bahamut would be no surprise since he was a classic. The issue with Final Fantasy devs is that they have a tendency to remove or change things around and may end up doing something stupid, such as putting the whole Bahamut thing as a airship nonsense (Which happened twice already in past FF games..but I have faith they won't do that on FFXV.) If Leviathan was on the enemy side within the trailer and available as a use for a summon upon dying on the cracked demo, then that means they had at one point wanted to make Leviathan a summon as well. They likely didn't want to spoil people too much here.

So what I mean is..what you see here, may not be in the final product of the game. Those 3 are in the demo as data that was suppose to be finished, but are likely to not appear at all as actual summons to "use" within the full game.

I can believe that Shiva would be in the game. If you said Mermaid and Krakken, it's likely to be Siren and Ultros I would assume. (If they stick with the names.)

Last edited:

Chapstick

I swear to god the game knows I'm trying to do that glitch. Every roughly 5 minutes a car just so happens to come by this happens

annoying.jpg

Aerospark

Standard Donor
I managed to pull it off twice, and both times I went a little too far out of bounds, the game went "LOL I SEE U" :c I got to see Titan though.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Is this true? There was a closed conference event and according to the article, it seems Team Ninja is developing Dissidia Final Fantasy for the upcoming arcades. If so, that would be quite awesome. All this is very unexpected.

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/036/1036867/

If it is true, insert your Team Ninja implement into FF jokes here.

-Tifa will have over 40 costumes.
-She will have the biggest bust size.
-"OMG KUPO" breast option.
-Home stage will be there. Leon is a summon.
-Gen Fu is Shantotto.
-3 on 3 will lag if it ever drops on consoles online. (Trolol)
-Emperor Cow will make tutorial videos on how to use potions. You noob.
-Insert bad netcode jokes if it comes to the consoles.
-Insert Itagaki joke on how his DOA daughters are Moogles and him being pissed about it.
-Gilgamesh will have a 1-Frame Knee.
-Bartz will have Honoka outfits. (See what I did there?)
-Tidus is the new Ein, he's only getting Fishnets from now on.
-Lightning will have 3 clones, they are all the same. (One might be a jello.)
-PC version will have missing stages and no lobbies. (Trolol)

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Yep, just came here to post the news! :) Lol, Team Ninja is working with all my favorite game franchises: DOA (obviously), Metroid, Zelda, now even Final Fantasy.

Some pics:

CCOFduuUMAIZqxp.png

CCOFYvIUAAAj8u5.png

CCOFM3OUwAIZODZ.png

CCOEkZrUgAAenxx.png

CCODiZrUgAAdye1.png

CCODicwUAAE3ZBV.png

CCOG71dUMAAqroG.png

CCODieuUEAAUVKI.png

I do see an influence of Team Ninjas' art style. This game will be a good indicator, what's graphically possible for DOA6.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Warrior of Light is the type of dude to sleep in his house with all the lights on, he's not afraid of the dark...he wants to be "bathed in the light". He is that serious, he's always been good.

CCODiZrUgAAdye1.png

Now I await for Jecht, Gilgamesh, Gabranth, Laguna, Squall, Kain, ExDeath, Cloud of Darkness & Ultimecia. (As well as new upcoming characters.)

More pictures of Cloud Strife.

ddff_06_cs1w1_720x.jpg

ddff_05_cs1w1_720x.jpg

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

Man, it's never been more noticeable than it is now that Lightning and Cloud LITERALLY have the same face.

I mean, I know she was meant to be a "female Cloud" but I think Tetsuya took it a bit too literal haha, even the eye colour and noses are the exact same.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD