Final Fantasy Thread

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Finally, organic Eidolons are back. I was worried they'd get the Michael Bay Transformers treatment they got in XIII.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
looks like they'll be useful again too, FF13's were horribly flawed. in order to do any damage you had to stagger the enemy first, but summoning an Eidolon reset the stagger meter

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Summoning an Eidolon in Type 0 will kill whoever summons it. So the question turns into: "Is it worth it at this time?"

Just now starting to actually play the game so here we go.

Camera is annoyingly sensitive. Like seriously sensitive, why isn't there an option to reduce it? Small spaces are a nightmare.

Last edited:

AsheMann21

If they are following the Fabula Nova mythos, I suppose that would include the concept of L'cie.

But I do agree with the point that FF13's summons suck. :p

UpSideDownGRUNT

All I'm gonna say is when I play through either Type-0 or XV I will not be surprised to here things like l'Cie Fal'Cie and Etro/Bhunivelze

EDIT: Infact, I believe one of the recent trailers for Type-0 straight up has a scene where one of Class Zeroe asks to become a l'Cie...

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I really wanted the playable Final Fantasy XV demo, but I didn't want to preorder Type-0 just to play it. For some reason, Type-0 just doesn't tickle my fancy and honestly, neither does XV. Still salty that Versus XIII is now a main numbered entry. I understand that each FF is different, but Versus XIII (now XV) is supposed to be set in the same mythos of XIII. Not to mention, I hope this doesn't mean that FF will now go straight up action RPG on us.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I would assume so, the times of turn based RPGs are pretty much dead.

Only games paying attention to that genre is basically Persona and Squares FF successor Bravely Default which lets be honest is only popular because it's just a retexture of old FF

Doa_Eater

2i75zpe.jpg

DoANoob

Idk if this changes any subjects, but What are you guys top 3 to top 5 favorite summons in the FF franchise? My personal favorites are Shiva, Ifrit, and Bahamut. I pick those 3 cuz they're the most memorable ones I know. I knew shiva & Ifrit from FFVIII, and Bahamut from FFX

Kronin

Nice question! I had to think about this, but surely in my top 3 there is Odin and his Zantetsuken from the FFVIII version (even if I admit that to see Seifer reversing the attack on him appeared equally awesome to me XD)

Aerospark

Standard Donor
Idk if this changes any subjects, but What are you guys top 3 to top 5 favorite summons in the FF franchise? My personal favorites are Shiva, Ifrit, and Bahamut. I pick those 3 cuz they're the most memorable ones I know. I knew shiva & Ifrit from FFVIII, and Bahamut from FFX
Magus Sisters, Shiva, Bahamut

Aerospark

Standard Donor
Merry Christmas to everyone who owns Type-0 right now I just found a way to save you blood sweat and tears

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD