Final Fantasy Thread

Xernuht

Well...I love fang and hate lightning. So I didn't really care about the sequels.

Anyways, in Dissidia, they need to have Fang and Freya.

actually (Been playing polearms characters in the Warriors games), they need to make a Final Fantasy Warriors or something.

More this than anything else. Although executed closer to Warriors Orochi than Hyrule Warriors.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Well...I love fang and hate lightning. So I didn't really care about the sequels.

Anyways, in Dissidia, they need to have Fang and Freya.
About as badly as they need Faris and Rydia.

Personally, I'm pushing for Sabin and Balthier.

Argentus

More this than anything else. Although executed closer to Warriors Orochi than Hyrule Warriors.
I have played neither of those.

But I will say it should be like Pirate Warriors rather than Dynasty Warriors proper (as far as movesets and story mode go)

Also I'm still mad at Hyrule Warriors for having Ruto and Darunia, but not Saria :mad:

About as badly as they need Faris and Rydia.

Personally, I'm pushing for Sabin and Balthier.
I have no idea who any of those names are, but I agree lol

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
They better not nerf Jecht, Gilgamesh and Gabranth. I used to tear suckers up with those three in the Dissidia forums. I can also play WoL, Squall, ExDeath(Turtle!) & Ultimecia. Man, now I feel like playing this game again but I sold the PSP for extra cash to get the Vita. I would of loved going to that Ad Hoc PS3 app to kill people...87% wins and over 300 online battles. Off topic there.

Still, the game looks like it received a massive overhaul and added 3 on 3 from the way the trailer looked, might be TONS better than Duodecim. I would hope they add more characters such as Seifer and possibly Rikku. If anything, I don't think this will stay on arcades for too long..Square Enix will have port it to PS4. I would be shocked if they didn't.

@Rich Nixon - We flying to play this game on arcades.

Last edited:

Wingman

The new Dissidia on arcades looks awesome. Like everyone else, I'm really hopeful that they bring it to consoles. I played a bunch of the first Dissidia on PSP, never bothered to get the sequel, though.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
The new Dissidia on arcades looks awesome. Like everyone else, I'm really hopeful that they bring it to consoles. I played a bunch of the first Dissidia on PSP, never bothered to get the sequel, though.

Ahh you missed out on a really good one. It was tons better and even included an open world movement plus more characters like Tifa, Prishe & Laguna.

Feral Chaos was such a problem in that game. He needs a noif.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
sadly i could never play this game really well because aside from my general poor performance in fighter i had NO CLUE how to buff my character to decent stats. that inventory system was never in my favor.

i mained Onion Knight for when i did play it, simply because he was faster than Sephiroth and speed blitzing an over hyped villain like that visually was freaking hilarious in my mind. i also liked how he started out weak as a baby but ten those thousand stabs started adding up.

Aerospark

Standard Donor
I'd kill to see Rikku, Fran, Fang, Balthier, Vincent, Paine, and hopefully some characters from the tactics series. Idk. Bye.
Lmao, I loved Duodecim to death. I had a monster Yuna (she was the only character I was even good with) that basically obliterated my opponent with one Bravery Break (or whatever) + a single Mega Flare. Didn't work on Feral Chaos tho. He can kiss my entire ass he was pure bullshit I hope I never have to face him again. Also, I REALLY wanted Cosmos to be playable :< I felt like if they made her playable in Duodecim, she'd probably be a magic based character w/ an arsenal of Holy Magic lmao.

Wingman

Ahh you missed out on a really good one. It was tons better and even included an open world movement plus more characters like Tifa, Prishe & Laguna.

Feral Chaos was such a problem in that game. He needs a noif.

I had intentions of picking it up, but for a while I was keeping my eyes open for a sale price or a price drop but had no luck, and eventually kinda forgot about it. Tifa was my favorite FF7 character, so I really wanted to play her. Someone was telling me recently as well that they added assists, too, which sounds cool. I didn't know about the open world, though. That's awesome.

By the way, speaking of assists; Interceptor, the dog from FF6, would be the perfect assist.

Puño de Leyenda

Psyched for the new Dissidia, loved the original! Hopefully the new one will see a PS4 port one day! In other news, there was recently a livestream from Square Enix where they exhibit gameplay of the FFXV demo-Episode Duscae. It looks really good!:

The demo's length is said to last about 3 hours. O_O

XboxOne(@24min. 36 sec) and PS4(@34min. 9 sec)-

Last edited:

Xernuht

I think it's high time they made Aerith a full fledged playable character instead of support only.

I dunno. I mean, I get that VII was the best-selling FF game ever, but I'd rather see other less known/recognized installments get more, or something, on the playable front.

By the way, do you think Square should try to incorporate in-house guest characters, like those from Bravely Default and Kingdom Hearts?

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
They gave Lightning an Aya Brea outfit for buying 3rd Birthday and Aya got a Lightning outfit in 3rd Birthday (too bad the Blaze Saber was an energy fucking shotgun that was damn near useless half the time). It's not out of the question but we could definitely expect cross title outfits (also Gabranth/Basch but that wad just a badass inclusion).

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
latest

UpSideDownGRUNT

Just curious, did the PC version of Final Fantasy VII receive a better localization?
in Steam version Aerith says "This man is sick." compared to "This man are sick." so I guess so, some stuff was unchanged though like Aerith still defaults to Aeris when you first meet her in the church of Sector 5

Soaring Zero

I would love Rikku in dissidia. I think she'd be perfect. I also wonder if this arcade version is going to change any of the mechanics of the game. If they tweaked it a bit to give it a little more depth I wouldn't mind.

UpSideDownGRUNT

So...

Type-0HD/FFXV Episode Duscae releases tomorrow in US, some of you are probably even playing either or both right now haha.
I have to wait until Thursday/Friday D: but yeah I wonder how many people will end up playing Episode Duscae more than the actual game they bought lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD