Final Fantasy Thread

Hayabusiness

Isn't Snow suppose to be FFXIII's Seifer in Troy Baker VA but more towards a hero?

Either way, FFXIII's cast isn't particularly grand on the scale. Some of those characters put people to sleep. Why is it that when I come to these threads, people are far more interested in characters more closely tied to drama rather than a character evolving in the series or ones that take a Final Fantasy role serious?

In the last gen, people mostly played the Lightning games, so of course those will spark discussion instead of the older ones.

I could write a tl;dr on Cloud, Aeris, loss, myself.

@UpSideDownGRUNT
Those are some piping hot opinions you got there buddy.
Expect a piping hot reply when I come home.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Most beautiful open-world game on console so far:

FFDD2.gif

And that's just the desert...

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
Isn't Snow suppose to be FFXIII's Seifer in Troy Baker VA but more towards a hero?

Either way, FFXIII's cast isn't particularly grand on the scale. Some of those characters put people to sleep. Why is it that when I come to these threads, people are far more interested in characters more closely tied to drama rather than a character evolving in the series or ones that take a Final Fantasy role serious?
Did you mean me? XD

UpSideDownGRUNT

In the last gen, people mostly played the Lightning games, so of course those will spark discussion instead of the older ones.

I could write a tl;dr on Cloud, Aeris, loss, myself.

@UpSideDownGRUNT
Those are some piping hot opinions you got there buddy.
Expect a piping hot reply when I come home.
Come at me bruh, I'm ready!!

I just don't have this nostalgic delusion of VII/VIII being godlike standard of FF games, VII is mediocre at best with way too many sequels and gets milked to hell and back.

Imo my favourite FFs are IV, V, VI(even if ive never personally played it), IX, X, XIII and LR with XV looking like it could be up there also.

I either have meh feelings for the other ones, never played them or outright dislike them.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Did you mean me? XD

Ah no no, particularly the topic on relationships within the genre. Snow didn't immensely evolve until Lightning Returns where he suddenly wanted to be the bad guy for a day.

But the thing I wanted to point out is that isn't where a character truly changes from. Maybe except Squall but that was a character that was going to change with or without Rinoa. I'm reading the Snow and Serah comments and Serah happens to be a character that actually improved a bit from FFXIII to XIII-2, not a big fan of the character but they kept it FF in terms of role, going minor importance to moderate or major. I just didn't expect people to take interest in such characters in a different way than seeing evolution. Snow happens to be a character that does revolve around such relations and hard focus to it, however character stays stuck on that department until the end of the series, which he's no longer truly playable to even care for him.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Imo my favourite FFs are IV, V, VI(even if ive never personally played it)
I'm... surprised you still haven't played VI.

I either have meh feelings for the other ones, never played them or outright dislike them.
I can understand why you would outright dislike the original 8-bit versions of FF3, and especially FF2. In this day and age, the latter is damn near unplayable when compared to the remakes that came after.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I haven't played VI because I dont have any options on playing it, I cant use PS1, SNES or GBA I'm unsure if its on Steam if it is I still cant really play that.

My only option is PS1 classics via PS3 or Vita

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
Oh? :( Is it because of the fantasy/magic thing and your mom?

Woah, cool gif! O:

0iMQLkp.gif
That and I don't have the money right now for it XD I can probably get my ghetto snob aunt to buy it for me though, every holiday she always either gets me what I want or some expensive gift I didn't want in particular. That or I can save up three weeks of allowance from Grampa, no place in my area is unfortunately hiring atm so I can't exactly just work.

I'm just gonna keep this a secret from mom since she likes to always get up in my business, plus I have to buy a ps4 pro eventually so I won't be forced to bring my ps4 in the living room whenever she wants to play something I have no interest in, AKA Mafia 3.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Maybe I should get it, I still have my ps1 from when I was a child.
Don't play the PS1 version of FF6. It's an awful port that doesn't do the original game justice. Sound emulation is bad, there's actual slowdown when things get too intense, and there is actual load times. The only reason you'd have any incentive to play this version is to unlock a few brief CGI trailers, but you can go to YouTube for that.

The original SNES version - heck, even the Steam version - is a smoother, better quality experience. If you're gonna play this game, a good SNES emulator - if not an SNES itself - is the way to go.

UpSideDownGRUNT

seriously PSN has every Final Fantasy game avalable, if you own a PS3 there's no reason not to be able to play all of them. except FF3, but thats not all that great anyhow.
That was a typo, I meant to type many.

And the main reason I've not got it via pS1 classics is because I just dont really play my PS3 much anymore. My backlog is big enough on PS4.

With FFXV out in 2 weeks I dont see myself playing anything else atm anyway

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
That was a typo, I meant to type many.

And the main reason I've not got it via pS1 classics is because I just dont really play my PS3 much anymore. My backlog is big enough on PS4.

With FFXV out in 2 weeks I dont see myself playing anything else atm anyway

thats a completely different reason. if you don't want to play it at the moment or don't feel like you have enough time to play it then just say that.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
15 looks good, but Im personally looking forward to the XII HD zodiac job system more.

Oh and regarding ff VI. The gba version is also a good version, it has some bonus content and a better translation.
But like the PS1 version, it suffers from slowdown when it gets graphically intense, and has an even poorer sound quality than the aforementioned. However, one way around the sound problem is available via patch on a GBA emulator (or if you're more daring, a GBA flash cartridge with the ROM intact) as the patch contains compressed versions of the original SNES sound files to deliver a more authentic sound quality on the portable.

Either way, the Steam version offers the exclusive features the GBA version has, with additional difficulty in the Cloister of Trials.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD