Final Fantasy Thread

Hayabusiness

They're just being gamers. They love to talk about impending doom if the series they bitch about is older than 10 years. Good chance is that those people who cry bug just saw those screens and called it a dud without even trying it themselves.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
After watching Kingsglaive for the 2nd time, I'm still surprised that the beings within the ring+summoned in the end are the same exact Knights Of The Round from FFVII fighting against Diamond Weapon.

Knights Of The Round was literally the best summon in FF7, though it was an annoying journey to even get. Damn Chocobo breeding, just to get a Gold Chocobo to cross a damn ocean. Curious if it's coming back in the remake and if it is...well, unsure what my mood will be if it's Chocobo breeding again.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
I watched a small clip from a friend who played the demo, looks like Iris has a bigger part in the story than just being the third wheel in Noctis's love life.
I still hate her. She needs to get lost back in the Gothic Lolita Victorian FF spin off she was scooped up from...

Chapstick

I'm curious how they'll handle chocobos running across water this gen bc I feel like that could easily look stupid

Also I found this

tumblr_ogc5m0TGqp1qete59o1_400.jpg

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
This is so random! XD Is there an inside Obama and Noctis joke I'm missing?

It's because Noctis is always so sad and Obama is a caring guy, duh!
But Trump isn't bad either. ;)

lol-jpg.21712

I'm curious how they'll handle chocobos running across water this gen bc I feel like that could easily look stupid.

Lol, when you search for gifs that you have seen a hundred times on Tumblr, but when you need it to be awesome in a post it's nowhere to be found. XD
Alright then, here a video:

Skip to 04:06.

Hayabusiness

After watching Kingsglaive for the 2nd time, I'm still surprised that the beings within the ring+summoned in the end are the same exact Knights Of The Round from FFVII fighting against Diamond Weapon.

Knights Of The Round was literally the best summon in FF7, though it was an annoying journey to even get. Damn Chocobo breeding, just to get a Gold Chocobo to cross a damn ocean. Curious if it's coming back in the remake and if it is...well, unsure what my mood will be if it's Chocobo breeding again.
Makes you think how they'll handle minigames in general. They pretty much were what made every late 90s and early 2000s JRPG always have a minigame or two. But would a modern market (the target of VIIR) like them? Oh God now imagine online Chocobo Races and Snowboard Leaderboards...

I'm sure nobody would be angry if they made chocobo breeding easier and less RNG dependant though. Although I remember there being a method that lets you get one by defeating the Ruby Weapon first... But have fun defeating a Weapon without Knights of the Round.

By the way if anyone can tell me a good level to tackle the Arena in the Gold Saucer... Thank you in advance. I left the game right before the final part inside the planet because of the Chocobo Grinding and Omnislash... Not sure if I want to beat the Weapons on top of it, I want to see the ending first.

----

Those chocobos swimming are adorable :)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Someone (benzy on Neogaf) made some really nice screens of the regular PS4 version of the FFXV demo. I'd like to share them here:

zivhku.png

vecbat.png

fdgklg.png

The lighting is so pretty here. :3

Chapstick

It's because Noctis is always so sad and Obama is a caring guy, duh!
But Trump isn't bad either. ;)

lol-jpg.21712

Lol, when you search for gifs that you have seen a hundred times on Tumblr, but when you need it to be awesome in a post it's nowhere to be found. XD
Alright then, here a video:

Skip to 04:06.
Hmm...it makes more sense but tbh I'll be disappointed if they swim instead of running across the water in FFVII:R

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Of course people already found a way out of the demo boundaries:

The game world outside is surprisingly complete.

Also, the newest Edge magazine cover:

15003229_1222765077779302_2160305242564037017_o.jpg

FFXV has the honor to grace the cover of the 300th issue. :)

Last edited:

Hayabusiness

That cover is very beautiful, reminds me of some of the early VersusXIII footages set in that city. Now, I wonder how much of XV is Versus. They should make a documentary of this game's development cicle and changes, lol.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Just finished the Judgment Disc. Couldn't decide whether I liked the high detail or high framerate mode more, oddly enough. The higher detail is nice and is noticeable but the framerate isn't quite locked to 30 and you feel it every so often. The unlocked framerate option feels better but I notice more graphical issues (especially hair) with it and being unlocked you can feel the framerate take hits more often. If they can get a locked 60fps that'd be the mode I use but if not I may go for higher detail.

Either way, I am fucking pumped for the final game. Haven't really been genuinely excited for a FF game ever. This one was done right with the early releases for the movie and mini-series.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Just finished the Judgment Disc. Couldn't decide whether I liked the high detail or high framerate mode more, oddly enough.

There is no high framerate mode. Both Pro modes run at 30fps. The high quality mode has just a bit more problems with framepacing. But the light mode isn't free from that either.

Lol, what is Noctis doing there...? XD

30659472710_ca302806b4_o.png

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Well that'd explain why the lower quality version felt smoother. So the higher framerate option won't be available until the retail version, then. Guess I'll take a look at it when it releases in a couple weeks.

Tyaren

Standard Donor

WTF? XD Is that from your playthrough? I've heard of some weird color/light glitches but I didn't have any.

Well that'd explain why the lower quality version felt smoother. So the higher framerate option won't be available until the retail version, then. Guess I'll take a look at it when it releases in a couple weeks.

The higher framerate option (they are aiming for 60fps) will come in December. It won't be quite ready for game release. But I'm certain the day 1 patch will mostly eliminate the framepacing issues.
I just hope they keep the HQ mode. I'll take better texture filtering, better LOD, better ambient occlusion and higher resolution shadow maps over 60fps or 4K resolution any time of the day.

I'm glad you are so pumped for the game. :D

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Just finished the Judgment Disc. Couldn't decide whether I liked the high detail or high framerate mode more, oddly enough. The higher detail is nice and is noticeable but the framerate isn't quite locked to 30 and you feel it every so often. The unlocked framerate option feels better but I notice more graphical issues (especially hair) with it and being unlocked you can feel the framerate take hits more often. If they can get a locked 60fps that'd be the mode I use but if not I may go for higher detail.

Either way, I am fucking pumped for the final game. Haven't really been genuinely excited for a FF game ever. This one was done right with the early releases for the movie and mini-series.

I can't remember a game trapped in development hell this long that actually turned out good, but all the signs are pointing to yes.

I haven't enjoyed an FF game in (ironically) 15 years or so. This looks to be the one, though.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD