DOA5U wanted Costumes

Rawbietussin

I feared this day would come... But if likes =/= votes, there's still opportunity for traditional art submissions to have their entries get made (if it was well-received).

SilverForte

I've seen some truly spectacular traditional art that trumps anything digital I've seen, so digital isn't necessarily better.

SilverForte

No it's just that most of the artists out there are mainly digital. I don't know why maybe it's easier or something, I've never used anything other than pencil and paper.

Rawbietussin

I got a wacom tablet app on my iPhone but I don't think I could make very intricate patterns there though (accursed jumbo fingers lol). Other than that, I am always a pencil and paper person.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
No it's just that most of the artists out there are mainly digital. I don't know why maybe it's easier or something, I've never used anything other than pencil and paper.
It's not "easier" its just more convenient and fun imo. I love working traditional but digital is cheaper and offers so much more.

Hailo_Hwm

Unfortunately TN turned it into a popularity contest by allowing people of Facebook to vote (which is going to be totally fair and unbias :rolleyes:)
You definitely have the best chance of winning just from seeing your wip you also have thousands of people on your FB page waiting to vote for you well played.

So its by likes? :( Herm... kinda unfair.. Somebody could just promote it and say "VOTE FOR ME" and get loads of likes.

Rawbietussin

I don't think it's technically by the likes you received for your art at the moment. I'm thinking that TN would gather up all the entries by April 17 and people get to vote for their favorite costume design entry.

That said, votes might possibly mean equal to the likes you received... Ugh, I think I just made myself eat my own words saying "votes =/= likes". :/

Kronin

There is no pool opened in this moment, currently the likes are only a way for the people to show their personal appreciation for the posts (exactly like happen usually).

By the way even if a social network can favourite votes for the friends, the partecipants to the pool are also players that could be parts of the "victory" using such outfits in the game. I think that this should allow to the people to make votes more related to their real appreciation. Of course the best thing would be to give secret votes.

synce

I think it'll be something like top 5 most liked get prizes and TN will decide on a few to put in the game regardless of likes

Argentus

I'm getting the impression that trying to get the Leon and Mila outfits in the game (my only concern) is a lost cause. if its not slutty.o ra ninja, not gonna get votes...

Argentus

okay then. I shall keep trying. @DontForkWitMe if you want, you can submit the Leon outfit, if you are happy with it, and just resubmit a later revision. jjust I guess, mention that you designed it and I drew it, so I'm still free to submit my mila design? here's some better lit versions. ill do a darker toned version down the line, you can resubmit revised versions, I think. either way, in case you wanted to submit now, as is. I may make minor changes later.
10015059_1425432497707141_430823592_o.jpg
1939477_1425432604373797_109664093_o.jpg

DontForkWitMe

okay then. I shall keep trying. @DontForkWitMe if you want, you can submit the Leon outfit, if you are happy with it, and just resubmit a later revision. jjust I guess, mention that you designed it and I drew it, so I'm still free to submit my mila design? here's some better lit versions. ill do a darker toned version down the line, you can resubmit revised versions, I think. either way, in case you wanted to submit now, as is. I may make minor changes later.
10015059_1425432497707141_430823592_o.jpg
1939477_1425432604373797_109664093_o.jpg

great work. i'll be submitting it tonight then. thanks again man, remember if it gets picked i'll make sure you get any prize TN offers.

Argentus

great work. i'll be submitting it tonight then. thanks again man, remember if it gets picked i'll make sure you get any prize TN offers.
preferably, I'd suggest submitting both pictures, if only for better view of head and handwraps. coat is supposed to just be torn fabric, no real coat details, just a sheet with ARM holes. I shoulda wrote that as a detail...anyway, let me know if it gets votes or likes or whatever. iI don't know how to check that myself.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD