DOA5LR Dead Or Alive and Senran Kagura discussion

Banana56

Oh right.
Actually I was thinking. Isn't Ikaruga closer to Momiji's personality rather than Lei Fang's ?
She seems very calm and smart rather than cheeky and..... Chinese (yes, Lei Fang's personality is hard to define in DOA5, so....)

I can see Momiji having Ikagura's outfit, although I am really hoping she gets Yozakura's. She uses her hands a lot and even has that fire ball which would look great in Yozakura's outfit.

Argentus

Oh right.
Actually I was thinking. Isn't Ikaruga closer to Momiji's personality rather than Lei Fang's ?
She seems very calm and smart rather than cheeky and..... Chinese (yes, Lei Fang's personality is hard to define in DOA5, so....)
Yes but I honestly think Imus costume works for leifang the best

deiteu

PS : I've just watched the first episode of the SK anime. I really loved it! Problem is that I imagine the DOA instead... It's fun imagining Kasumi, Tina, Lei Fang, Ayane, Honoka being in the same team, against Helena, Hitomi, Christie, Marie-Rose and Phase 4...
Haruka sounds a little bit like Helena too hehe.

Argentus

Haruka sounds a little bit like Helena too hehe.
...if Helena was a sadistic pervert, sure lol.

Like I said I think haruka is more like Christie personality wise lol.

Also I'm starting to hate SK for the same reason I hate MVC;

There's no fucking way to recover from getting hit because it makes you jump up into the air, which just leaves you hanging to get combod again!

Why the fuck can't you just GET UP?! I want to stand up not jump up, goddamnit

Banana56

...if Helena was a sadistic pervert, sure lol.

Like I said I think haruka is more like Christie personality wise lol.

Also I'm starting to hate SK for the same reason I hate MVC;

There's no fucking way to recover from getting hit because it makes you jump up into the air, which just leaves you hanging to get combod again!

Why the fuck can't you just GET UP?! I want to stand up not jump up, goddamnit

You can, but you'd have to wait for a while before normally getting up.

I recommend going an opposite direction like left or right, that strategy works for me.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Btw, do any of you guys have a favorite SK character? Mine is Yagyu with Shiki being really close behind.
My favorite you ask?
tumblr_mki181FByE1r73sixo1_400.gif
tumblr_mki181FByE1r73sixo2_400.gif

tumblr_mki181FByE1r73sixo3_400.gif
tumblr_mki181FByE1r73sixo4_400.gif
I really hope her costume makes it into DOA and I will main whomever it is. for like a week

miyodarius

Btw, do any of you guys have a favorite SK character? Mine is Yagyu with Shiki being really close behind.
Mine would be Homura. The way she holds 6 katana is badass. Yagyu is my close 2nd. Speaking of Yagyu, someone got her costume, from what I see off TeamNinja Twitter. Can't tell who though

Juihau

When they met, Haruka made a snarky remark about Mirai's childlike appearance. Mirai glared at her, and Haruka, being...well, Haruka, decided that unless Mirai starts referring to her as Haruka-sama, she'll turn her into a doll (explicitly described as meaning encasing her body in wax and putting her on a shelf). Mirai decides to go ahead and do so, worried that she might be dead serious. As time goes on, the two get closer, and Mirai becomes more fond of Haruka. Almost fangirlishly fond. On the other hand, Haruka tends to just tease her a lot, usually through the use of hidden cameras.

KwonJigglypuff

When they met, Haruka made a snarky remark about Mirai's childlike appearance. Mirai glared at her, and Haruka, being...well, Haruka, decided that unless Mirai starts referring to her as Haruka-sama, she'll turn her into a doll (explicitly described as meaning encasing her body in wax and putting her on a shelf). Mirai decides to go ahead and do so, worried that she might be dead serious. As time goes on, the two get closer, and Mirai becomes more fond of Haruka. Almost fangirlishly fond. On the other hand, Haruka tends to just tease her a lot, usually through the use of hidden cameras.

That's great. Thanks.
I'm sure they will look great in Helena's and Marie's tag outro. ("I suppose it's almost time for coffee").

So okay, I see the rivalries/friendships between the 10 main characters from Portrait of Girls and Crimson Girls (+ Daidoiji and Suzune/Rin if they are included), but what about the 10 newcomers from Shinobi Versus ?

What are the basic links between Murakumo (Nyotengu), Ryona, Yumi, Shiki, Minori, Miyabi, etc. Which ones of these are the most popular and least important ?

This is my current chart predictions. I fail to see who's gonna be Kokoro, Momiji, Mila, Lisa and Rachel (if Lisa isn't Suzune and Rachel isn't Daidoji). Are they going to promote the 5 newcomers from Estival too ?

1426944289-senrandoa.png

Last edited:

Argentus

That's great. Thanks.
I'm sure they will look great in Helena's and Marie's tag outro. ("I suppose it's almost time for coffee").

So okay, I see the rivalries/friendships between the 10 main characters from Portrait of Girls and Crimson Girls (+ Daidoiji and Suzune/Rin if they are included), but what about the 10 newcomers from Shinobi Versus ?

What are the basic links between Murakumo (Nyotengu), Ryona, Yumi, Shiki, Minori, Miyabi, etc. Which ones of these are the most popular and least important ?

This is my current chart predictions. I fail to see who's gonna be Kokoro, Momiji, Mila, Lisa and Rachel (if Lisa isn't Suzune and Rachel isn't Daidoji). Are they going to promote the 5 newcomers from Estival too ?

1426944289-senrandoa.png

I still say shiki for Rachel, yozakura for kokoro(or yomi) , ikaruga for momiji, daidoji for mila. Lisa is the only one j don't have a guess for.

Juihau

It's pretty involved in Shinovi Versus' story, so this post will be...pretty much entirely in spoilers. So...yeah, pretty big spoilers below for anyone who hasn't played through the Vita game.

Gessen (Yumi, Murakumo, Yozakura, Shiki and Minori):
All 5:
  • They were all orphans who lost their parents to evil shinobi. Yumi's grandfather, Kurokage, adopted them all.
  • Kurokage himself was once very close friends with Asuka's grandfather, Hanzo.
  • They believe that the world would be better off if all evil is destroyed, and attack the Hanzo Academy students due to their befriending the former students of Hebijo.
  • Sometime after he adopted them, two assassins were sent after Kurokage. They refused to kill him after seeing him taking care of his adoptive daughters and went into hiding. Those two assassins happen to be Katsuragi's parents.
Yumi:
  • Generally doesn't have much interaction with her sisters other than just being a leader-type, so not a whole lot to say.
  • Holds a very personal grudge against Asuka due to their grandfathers' history.
  • Not a whole lot I can say about her, really...
Murakumo:
  • Made friends with Yomi shortly after Yomi's parents died, and they were basically like sisters. After Murakumo's own parents died, she became incredibly insecure and took to wearing a bag over her head. She was teased constantly for it, and to help her not be so alone, Yomi started wearing a bag in a similar manner.
  • After being adopted and beginning her shinobi training, she left without telling Yomi.
  • After Ikaruga was adopted to be the successor for a large corporation, a rival company decided to do the same and 'adopted' Murakumo, largely against her will. She developed a hatred for Ikaruga because of this.
Yozakura
  • In a rather odd inversion of the norm, she believes that "kicking is for men and girls with no shame." She takes a pretty immediate disliking to Katsuragi because of this.
  • She starts to dislike Katsuragi even more when she finds out that dear Kat isn't even willing to kill, despite being a shinobi.
  • She starts to dislike Katsuragi even more when she learns she's a perv.
  • Beyond just Katsuragi, she's largely the mother figure of the group, especially toward Minori and Ryouna (explained in the Hebijo section).
Shiki
  • She gets mad at Yagyuu for figuring out there's more to her than just her happy valley girl mask.
  • Frequently mentions friends that she hangs out with like Akko and Hitomi, but they're never seen or heard from otherwise.
  • Other than that, there's not really a whole lot about her shown, which kinda sucks, because I actually think she's a pretty cool character. Let's see, ah...she thinks Yagyuu's eyepatch is cute and wants it. She likes to party. She likes to shop. There really isn't a whole lot to say, unfortunately.
Minori
  • Unsurprisingly, she and Hibari develop a weird childish tsundere relationship that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, involving a lot of arguing about which of them is more like an adult.
  • Haruka's rather shocked to learn there's somebody who makes Hibari seem mature.
  • Is the cause of one of three times in the game that Murasaki freaks out and tries to kill someone on-screen.

Hebijo (Miyabi, Murasaki, Imu, Ryoubi and Ryouna):
All 5:
  • After Hebijo's destruction and subsequent restoration, they attempt to track down its former elites, now known as Homura's Crimson Squad, and kill them to restore the school's honor.
  • They're pretty much angry at the world. Their storyline basically consists of them running around, killing all of the other playable characters, and then nearly killing each other. It's not canon, though, obviously.
  • Ryoubi and Ryouna's weird, incestusous, sadomasochistic relationship understandably makes the others rather uncomfortable.
Miyabi:
  • Childhood friends with Imu.
  • Finds Asuka's incredibly idealistic outlook on the world to be very laughable.
  • In the Hebijo storyline, she kills (yes, kills) Asuka, Yumi and Homura.
  • She's largely the one who assembled the team, and made sure its members were capable enough. She's also the only one that's really focused on restoring Hebijo's honor. The others have their own reasons for coming along.
Murasaki:
  • Imu's younger sister.
  • She was born with the ability to go Super Saiyan a unique trait that grants her immense power when under the influence of strong emotions, usually rage.
  • She has a stuffed bear named Bebe-tan (Bebeby in the localization). Do not speak ill of Bebe-tan. Do not attempt to harm Bebe-tan. If you value your life, do not so much as even look at Bebe-tan wrong.
  • Imu learned this the hard way when they were younger, when she tried to rip Bebe-tan's head off out of anger.
  • Minori learned it the hard way when she said that Bebe-tan is just a toy. Murasaki killed her as a result.
  • She also almost killed Ikaruga, but didn't realize she survived. When she goes after Yomi, Ikaruga tries to warn her, barely getting there in time before collapsing. Murasaki casually comments that her showing up was basically pointless if she wasn't gonna do anything to help.
  • She feels bad about the aforementioned incident which resulted in Imu getting injured, and helps the team restore Hebijo's honor believing Imu will finally forgive her.
  • She's a very big fan of a web novel called Rapunzel the Shinobi, and uses the name cute_hikky (hikky as in hikikomori; cute_shutin in the localization) to comment on every entry. As it so happens, Mirai is the author of the novel, under the pen name Futsure (see what she did there?). When Mirai realizes this, and asks if it really is her, Murasaki immediately jumps to the conclusion that she's a hacker who knows all her secrets and, therefore, must die. It's not the Hebijo story, though, so nobody actually dies from that fight.
Imu
  • Murasaki's older sister and childhood friend of Miyabi.
  • She's pretty blatantly in love with Miyabi, and goes along with her plan to restore Hebijo's honor largely just because of it.
  • Very jealous of Murasaki's power, and was hesitant to allow Miyabi to recruit her.
  • Really wants to fight Hikage, and claims to Katsuragi that Hikage always just ran away from her challenges. When Kat asks her about it, she says she just didn't feel like fighting at the time.
  • Apparently, there was some incident caused by Hikage when they were both students at Hebijo, that resulted in her having to wear boxers under her skirt. She still holds a grudge because of it, but Hikage doesn't even remember.
  • Throughout Hebijo's story, she ends up killing Katsuragi, Shiki and, oddly enough, Haruka rather than Hikage.
Ryoubi:
  • Ryouna's twin sister, and a sadist in contrast to her sister's Super Duper Masochism.
  • Both she and Ryouna used to be students at Gessen, but betrayed them and enrolled at Hebijo.
  • Enjoys being a bitch to everyone around her.
  • They had an older sister, Ryouki. So, I guess that'd make them the Ryou Three? ...Anyways, Ryouki was killed in a mission when a shinobi went berserk. That shinobi happened to be Miyabi, and they joined Hebijo in order to get revenge.
  • The plan was largely hers and, keeping in line with her sadistic nature, she wanted to make Miyabi suffer. Going as far as helping in restoring Hebijo's honor, with the explicit intent of betraying Miyabi and dragging her down from her proudest moment, just to kill her afterwards.
  • In Hebijo's story, she kills Murakumo for making fun of her flat chest. Like, literally. Shoots her dead. She even says afterwards, "Make fun of my chest, die like the rest." It's actually kinda fucked up, in a way.
  • She also takes out Yagyuu and Mirai, though without the ridiculous amount of pettiness, and shoots Murasaki by accident, when she jumps in the way of a bullet intended for Miyabi.
Ryouna
  • Very, very open masochist who has a tendency to make everyone around her uncomfortable, with one exception. Unsurprisingly, she and Haruka meet and immediately get along swimmingly.
  • She very much saw Yozakura as a mother figure when she was still a student at Gessen, and continues to call her such even after her betrayal. That said, when Yozakura asks if their betrayal had something to do with Ryouki, she immediately drops her funny business and decides that she knows too much.
  • Notably, she's somewhat reluctant to go along with Ryoubi's plan, feeling it isn't right, even if she can never forgive Miyabi. She follows through regardless, since they had already betrayed and killed their former friends at Gessen and it's too late to go back.
  • Murasaki learns of the plan and Ryouna tries to keep her from stopping it. She doesn't do too well at it, and Murasaki ends up jumping in front of a bullet intended for Miyabi. Everything just goes to shit from there. There's a lot of yelling and anger and Imu goes Super Saiyan unlocks the very power she envied Murasaki for.
  • Over the course of Hebijo's story, she takes out Hibari, Yozakura and Hikage.
OKAY, with that out of the way, just a bit of a random thing. I think it would be kinda awesome if they said one of that character's battle intro quote things while wearing their respective costume. For example, Marie going into battle and saying "I sacrifice myself to the will of this dance!" Or Nyotengu jumping in, "Sink into the dreams of sleeping souls."
But that's just me, I suppose.

KwonJigglypuff

It's pretty involved in Shinovi Versus' story, so this post will be...pretty much entirely in spoilers. So...yeah, pretty big spoilers below for anyone who hasn't played through the Vita game.

Gessen (Yumi, Murakumo, Yozakura, Shiki and Minori):
All 5:
  • They were all orphans who lost their parents to evil shinobi. Yumi's grandfather, Kurokage, adopted them all.
  • Kurokage himself was once very close friends with Asuka's grandfather, Hanzo.
  • They believe that the world would be better off if all evil is destroyed, and attack the Hanzo Academy students due to their befriending the former students of Hebijo.
  • Sometime after he adopted them, two assassins were sent after Kurokage. They refused to kill him after seeing him taking care of his adoptive daughters and went into hiding. Those two assassins happen to be Katsuragi's parents.
Yumi:
  • Generally doesn't have much interaction with her sisters other than just being a leader-type, so not a whole lot to say.
  • Holds a very personal grudge against Asuka due to their grandfathers' history.
  • Not a whole lot I can say about her, really...
Murakumo:
  • Made friends with Yomi shortly after Yomi's parents died, and they were basically like sisters. After Murakumo's own parents died, she became incredibly insecure and took to wearing a bag over her head. She was teased constantly for it, and to help her not be so alone, Yomi started wearing a bag in a similar manner.
  • After being adopted and beginning her shinobi training, she left without telling Yomi.
  • After Ikaruga was adopted to be the successor for a large corporation, a rival company decided to do the same and 'adopted' Murakumo, largely against her will. She developed a hatred for Ikaruga because of this.
Yozakura
  • In a rather odd inversion of the norm, she believes that "kicking is for men and girls with no shame." She takes a pretty immediate disliking to Katsuragi because of this.
  • She starts to dislike Katsuragi even more when she finds out that dear Kat isn't even willing to kill, despite being a shinobi.
  • She starts to dislike Katsuragi even more when she learns she's a perv.
  • Beyond just Katsuragi, she's largely the mother figure of the group, especially toward Minori and Ryouna (explained in the Hebijo section).
Shiki
  • She gets mad at Yagyuu for figuring out there's more to her than just her happy valley girl mask.
  • Frequently mentions friends that she hangs out with like Akko and Hitomi, but they're never seen or heard from otherwise.
  • Other than that, there's not really a whole lot about her shown, which kinda sucks, because I actually think she's a pretty cool character. Let's see, ah...she thinks Yagyuu's eyepatch is cute and wants it. She likes to party. She likes to shop. There really isn't a whole lot to say, unfortunately.
Minori
  • Unsurprisingly, she and Hibari develop a weird childish tsundere relationship that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, involving a lot of arguing about which of them is more like an adult.
  • Haruka's rather shocked to learn there's somebody who makes Hibari seem mature.
  • Is the cause of one of three times in the game that Murasaki freaks out and tries to kill someone on-screen.

Hebijo (Miyabi, Murasaki, Imu, Ryoubi and Ryouna):
All 5:
  • After Hebijo's destruction and subsequent restoration, they attempt to track down its former elites, now known as Homura's Crimson Squad, and kill them to restore the school's honor.
  • They're pretty much angry at the world. Their storyline basically consists of them running around, killing all of the other playable characters, and then nearly killing each other. It's not canon, though, obviously.
  • Ryoubi and Ryouna's weird, incestusous, sadomasochistic relationship understandably makes the others rather uncomfortable.
Miyabi:
  • Childhood friends with Imu.
  • Finds Asuka's incredibly idealistic outlook on the world to be very laughable.
  • In the Hebijo storyline, she kills (yes, kills) Asuka, Yumi and Homura.
  • She's largely the one who assembled the team, and made sure its members were capable enough. She's also the only one that's really focused on restoring Hebijo's honor. The others have their own reasons for coming along.
Murasaki:
  • Imu's younger sister.
  • She was born with the ability to go Super Saiyan a unique trait that grants her immense power when under the influence of strong emotions, usually rage.
  • She has a stuffed bear named Bebe-tan (Bebeby in the localization). Do not speak ill of Bebe-tan. Do not attempt to harm Bebe-tan. If you value your life, do not so much as even look at Bebe-tan wrong.
  • Imu learned this the hard way when they were younger, when she tried to rip Bebe-tan's head off out of anger.
  • Minori learned it the hard way when she said that Bebe-tan is just a toy. Murasaki killed her as a result.
  • She also almost killed Ikaruga, but didn't realize she survived. When she goes after Yomi, Ikaruga tries to warn her, barely getting there in time before collapsing. Murasaki casually comments that her showing up was basically pointless if she wasn't gonna do anything to help.
  • She feels bad about the aforementioned incident which resulted in Imu getting injured, and helps the team restore Hebijo's honor believing Imu will finally forgive her.
  • She's a very big fan of a web novel called Rapunzel the Shinobi, and uses the name cute_hikky (hikky as in hikikomori; cute_shutin in the localization) to comment on every entry. As it so happens, Mirai is the author of the novel, under the pen name Futsure (see what she did there?). When Mirai realizes this, and asks if it really is her, Murasaki immediately jumps to the conclusion that she's a hacker who knows all her secrets and, therefore, must die. It's not the Hebijo story, though, so nobody actually dies from that fight.
Imu
  • Murasaki's older sister and childhood friend of Miyabi.
  • She's pretty blatantly in love with Miyabi, and goes along with her plan to restore Hebijo's honor largely just because of it.
  • Very jealous of Murasaki's power, and was hesitant to allow Miyabi to recruit her.
  • Really wants to fight Hikage, and claims to Katsuragi that Hikage always just ran away from her challenges. When Kat asks her about it, she says she just didn't feel like fighting at the time.
  • Apparently, there was some incident caused by Hikage when they were both students at Hebijo, that resulted in her having to wear boxers under her skirt. She still holds a grudge because of it, but Hikage doesn't even remember.
  • Throughout Hebijo's story, she ends up killing Katsuragi, Shiki and, oddly enough, Haruka rather than Hikage.
Ryoubi:
  • Ryouna's twin sister, and a sadist in contrast to her sister's Super Duper Masochism.
  • Both she and Ryouna used to be students at Gessen, but betrayed them and enrolled at Hebijo.
  • Enjoys being a bitch to everyone around her.
  • They had an older sister, Ryouki. So, I guess that'd make them the Ryou Three? ...Anyways, Ryouki was killed in a mission when a shinobi went berserk. That shinobi happened to be Miyabi, and they joined Hebijo in order to get revenge.
  • The plan was largely hers and, keeping in line with her sadistic nature, she wanted to make Miyabi suffer. Going as far as helping in restoring Hebijo's honor, with the explicit intent of betraying Miyabi and dragging her down from her proudest moment, just to kill her afterwards.
  • In Hebijo's story, she kills Murakumo for making fun of her flat chest. Like, literally. Shoots her dead. She even says afterwards, "Make fun of my chest, die like the rest." It's actually kinda fucked up, in a way.
  • She also takes out Yagyuu and Mirai, though without the ridiculous amount of pettiness, and shoots Murasaki by accident, when she jumps in the way of a bullet intended for Miyabi.
Ryouna
  • Very, very open masochist who has a tendency to make everyone around her uncomfortable, with one exception. Unsurprisingly, she and Haruka meet and immediately get along swimmingly.
  • She very much saw Yozakura as a mother figure when she was still a student at Gessen, and continues to call her such even after her betrayal. That said, when Yozakura asks if their betrayal had something to do with Ryouki, she immediately drops her funny business and decides that she knows too much.
  • Notably, she's somewhat reluctant to go along with Ryoubi's plan, feeling it isn't right, even if she can never forgive Miyabi. She follows through regardless, since they had already betrayed and killed their former friends at Gessen and it's too late to go back.
  • Murasaki learns of the plan and Ryouna tries to keep her from stopping it. She doesn't do too well at it, and Murasaki ends up jumping in front of a bullet intended for Miyabi. Everything just goes to shit from there. There's a lot of yelling and anger and Imu goes Super Saiyan unlocks the very power she envied Murasaki for.
  • Over the course of Hebijo's story, she takes out Hibari, Yozakura and Hikage.
OKAY, with that out of the way, just a bit of a random thing. I think it would be kinda awesome if they said one of that character's battle intro quote things while wearing their respective costume. For example, Marie going into battle and saying "I sacrifice myself to the will of this dance!" Or Nyotengu jumping in, "Sink into the dreams of sleeping souls."
But that's just me, I suppose.

Thanks for all these details. So many girls... some stories are dramatic, fun and stupid at the same time. Also, so many "sisters".

I don't know who are the most popular, but I'd say Yumi, Ryona, Murasaki, Miyabi.. Shiki maybe, are pretty interesting compared to the rest of the girls who sound a bit redundant.
It's a shame they didn't choose Ryona for Nyotengu, as both have wings and a creepy sexual personality.
Yozakura sounds like Mila to me (based on the "punching instead of kicking" philosophy).

Also, maybe TN will try to promote the 5 new girls. Based on what I've gathered, it seems that we have :
- Ryona/Ryobi's dead sister brought back to life (physical appearance suits Kokoro)
- grandmother who can turn into a beautiful exotic girl named "Jasmine" (nice for Lisa I guess)
- outgoing girl with a big hammer (nice for Mila)
- another random baby after Hibari and Minori, with a dolphin
- a brunette with pigtail, really no idea what her story is

Last edited:

David Gregg

My predictions for the remaining girls (probably really off but oh well XD):
Homura - Momiji
Miyabi - Mila
Yomi - Hitomi
Ikaruga - Leifang
Katsuragi - Tina
Yagyu - assuming it's Ayane
Hikage - Christie (just make her bob green)
Murasaki - Kokoro
Shiki - Rachel
Suzune - Lisa

As for Phase 4 I have no clue. XD

KwonJigglypuff

It's actually hard to predict. Depends on if TN is trying to represent all squads' leaders (Miyabi, Yumi...), if they're trying to promote Estival Versus in particular (these 5 newcomers). No idea which are the most popular girls and the least relevant ones.

Maybe cosplays are only based on popularity (for the sake of promotion). And no idea if Suzune/Rin and Daidoji are included or not, as they are not playable in Estival as for now.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD