So that was Rachel? hmmmmm.... ;)
rachel.png

Rachel and Christie rivavlry incoming? :cool:

Awesmic

Standard Donor
So that was Rachel? hmmmmm.... ;)
View attachment 2073
Rachel and Christie rivavlry incoming? :cool:
I can say with confidence that was not Rachel. She doesn't get drunk and giddy in a strip bar so easily, being a half-fiend and all. If that was the case, she would've been retconned as a full-blooded human, and her voice actress would actually have to make her sound like Sailor Mars to make sense of her character consistency in the NG series.

Now the lookalike scientist from Bayman's ending in DOA4. on the other hand, is anybody's guess. That could be the same woman at the strip bar of Christie's DOA4 ending.

D

Deleted member 473

I can say with confidence that was not Rachel. She doesn't get drunk and giddy in a strip bar so easily, being a half-fiend and all. If that was the case, she would've been retconned as a full-blooded human, and her voice actress would actually have to make her sound like Sailor Mars to make sense of her character consistency in the NG series.

Now the lookalike scientist from Bayman's ending in DOA4. on the other hand, is anybody's guess. That could be the same woman at the strip bar of Christie's DOA4 ending.

Really Awesmic? Really?
rachel2.png

rachel3.png

That is her, no mistaking it.

D

Deleted member 473

"Quick! We need a model of blonde bimbo that looks like she belongs in a strip club. Do we have any assets we can re-use?"

Seems much more plausible instead of all of your conspiracy theories.

You act as if she can't have a life outside of fiend hunting -.- ....

d3v

Sounds like you're right there with them. Funny then that you'd say "they don't know better."

Gameplay should be the primary concern, but if TN listened to this site and structured the gameplay around it, we would have either:
1) DOA3.2 (3 with new graphics and a few new characters)
1) There's already a DOA3.2 (the European version)
2) Would that be so bad (considering that 3.1 is still the most competitive that the game has ever been)?

Simplifying it to hitboxes and space on the screen is not how to advance the series and improve on its flaws. It's how to turn it into Divekick with tits.
Divekick is a great game.

d3v

People gotta stop referencing EVO as if only competitive fighters end up there. Street Fighter is considered competitive even though you get a fully invincible move that takes off half the opponents health bar for getting the shit kicked out of you and the reversal window is as wide as the Grand Canyon. As if that wasn't bad enough MvC3 is there and holy shit is that game a mess. MvC2 is "ultra competitive" and that game is known more for being a broken piece of shit than for having good game play.
Fuck you. MvC2 is one of the deepest, most competitive fighting games ever made, precisely because of how it was broken.

As for EVO, games get in mostly due to tournament attendance from other majors. To get the numbers in other tournaments, you first need to have a competitive game. Casual appeal isn't going to get those numbers (just ask Skullgirls).

Tokkosho

"Most competitive the game has ever been"
I believe that applies to doa5. As I recall not many people played 3. But that's just what I hear so I could be wrong.

HoodsXx

"Most competitive the game has ever been"
I believe that applies to doa5. As I recall not many people played 3. But that's just what I hear so I could be wrong.
"Potentially" "most competitive the game has ever been". It's not quite there yet. D:.

Argentus

Fuck you. MvC2 is one of the deepest, most competitive fighting games ever made, precisely because of how it was broken.

As for EVO, games get in mostly due to tournament attendance from other majors. To get the numbers in other tournaments, you first need to have a competitive game. Casual appeal isn't going to get those numbers (just ask Skullgirls).

A game can't really be all that deep when its only competitive by way of people exploiting the terrible design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD