Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRI Mike

The game not being at EVO should be an indicative that something went wrong gameplay-wise. There's still too much enphasis on the stun system and the frame data itself is not exactly what it should be. It's frustrating, the game is just a step away from being quite possibly the best fighter ever made. Stun system and frame data changes can be patched and easily changed. The moves and animations are fine and hell, even the stages are fine.

Another thing that hurts the game a lot is the casual community being too noisy about what they like about the game. DOA is no longer the titty figher. Whoever thinks that is just an ignorant; other games like Soul Calibur, King of Fighters and even some of Capcom's have show massive quantities of partial nudity, oversexualized females and other kinds of fanservice. The thing is that the DOA players seem to be more vocal about them loving their boobs, underaged innocent anime girls with bikinis and other skimpy costumes to the point where Shimbori asks for what we want and the entire Twitter becomes a cyclone of masturbating scrubs asking for hairstyles, schoolgirl uniforms and especific swimsuits from DOAX for a character they don't even know anything about.

Just think about this for a moment. What if Zack got the retarded Power Rangers costume¿ would that make Blazeincarnated more willing to show up at tourneys¿ would that make him a better player with him¿ would that improve Zack's shitty stuns¿ give him plus-on-block strings¿ more environmental damage¿ of course not. What if Rachel got NGS's long hair¿ would this magically make the community know how her gameplay works¿ of course not. Right now all we know about her is that she's another Tina (insanely busty blonde with grappler style). But let's be clear and stop the taboo, this is DOA guys. What those people over Twitter want is to mash buttons while looking at a hot girl on the screen to masturbate to them. Simple as that. This hurts the game more than we're willing to admit sometimes.

Maybe Ultimate will be good, I really hope it will from the bottom of my heart. I love the game as much as any of you but while I think DOA5 is pretty good, it's still not the game I want and I get frustrated becuase the "perfect" gameplay is just a short distance away. I also like stages, costumes and fuck I'll admit I like the girls too. If the game had an extremely solid gameplay and I were satisfied with my character's moves and frame data (like I am with VF5FS) then you'd see ME asking for hairstyles and costumes. But DOA is still not quite there yet. We have to focus on the important tasks at hand. We already have 29 characters, it's ridiculous to be asking for more. You don't like Rachel¿ no one is forcing you to use her, get over it and play some other character. Irene isn't there¿ stop whining about it and use another one of the FOUR blondes in the game. You want a Hatsune Miku costume for Ayane and didn't get it¿ stop making a fool of yourself and use your logic, it's not gonna happen. We need to focus on gameplay right now.

David Gregg

I wish more people would subscribe to the competitive mantra: "all I see are hitboxes controlling space on the screen."

Well I don't see hitboxes but I understand what you mean. lol. I was reading a comment over at the tekken zaibatsu forum and I actually think that this sort of answers our question:

Having transitioned from a nearly 100% arcade scene (no console of my own, one friend with a console who I never met, and access to TT2 in two arcades) to a nearly 100% online console scene (no one close by to play with, only one Tekken tournament, ECT, close by), I personally feel that... this game just isn't very much fun when not in an arcade scene. I still play and the net code is pretty good and all (and I get to listen to Tekken 3 music when playing!!), but the drive to play and (more importantly) study and experiment is quite a great deal lower than it was when I was close to an arcade...
I guess that's what makes fighting games so niche outside of Asia?
BTW, I do really like TT2 (more than BR), and I'm not one of those people who has gotten over the so-called 'Tekken phase' or 'gaming phase' of thier life
cool.gif

SilverForte

The game not being at EVO should be an indicative that something went wrong gameplay-wise. There's still too much enphasis on the stun system and the frame data itself is not exactly what it should be. It's frustrating, the game is just a step away from being quite possibly the best fighter ever made. Stun system and frame data changes can be patched and easily changed. The moves and animations are fine and hell, even the stages are fine.

Another thing that hurts the game a lot is the casual community being too noisy about what they like about the game. DOA is no longer the titty figher. Whoever thinks that is just an ignorant; other games like Soul Calibur, King of Fighters and even some of Capcom's have show massive quantities of partial nudity, oversexualized females and other kinds of fanservice. The thing is that the DOA players seem to be more vocal about them loving their boobs, underaged innocent anime girls with bikinis and other skimpy costumes to the point where Shimbori asks for what we want and the entire Twitter becomes a cyclone of masturbating scrubs asking for hairstyles, schoolgirl uniforms and especific swimsuits from DOAX for a character they don't even know anything about.

Just think about this for a moment. What if Zack got the retarded Power Rangers costume¿ would that make Blazeincarnated more willing to show up at tourneys¿ would that make him a better player with him¿ would that improve Zack's shitty stuns¿ give him plus-on-block strings¿ more environmental damage¿ of course not. What if Rachel got NGS's long hair¿ would this magically make the community know how her gameplay works¿ of course not. Right now all we know about her is that she's another Tina (insanely busty blonde with grappler style). But let's be clear and stop the taboo, this is DOA guys. What those people over Twitter want is to mash buttons while looking at a hot girl on the screen to masturbate to them. Simple as that. This hurts the game more than we're willing to admit sometimes.

Maybe Ultimate will be good, I really hope it will from the bottom of my heart. I love the game as much as any of you but while I think DOA5 is pretty good, it's still not the game I want and I get frustrated becuase the "perfect" gameplay is just a short distance away. I also like stages, costumes and fuck I'll admit I like the girls too. If the game had an extremely solid gameplay and I were satisfied with my character's moves and frame data (like I am with VF5FS) then you'd see ME asking for hairstyles and costumes. But DOA is still not quite there yet. We have to focus on the important tasks at hand. We already have 29 characters, it's ridiculous to be asking for more. You don't like Rachel¿ no one is forcing you to use her, get over it and play some other character. Irene isn't there¿ stop whining about it and use another one of the FOUR blondes in the game. You want a Hatsune Miku costume for Ayane and didn't get it¿ stop making a fool of yourself and use your logic, it's not gonna happen. We need to focus on gameplay right now.

The game not being at evo doesn't really have to do with this. Evo is pretty much all 2d fighters besides tekken. Soul calibur won't be there this year, neither will VF.

D

Deleted member 473

Just think about this for a moment. What if Zack got the retarded Power Rangers costume¿ would that make Blazeincarnated more willing to show up at tourneys¿ would that make him a better player with him¿ would that improve Zack's shitty stuns¿ give him plus-on-block strings¿ more environmental damage¿ of course not.

Let's not try to throw shade around like we're in middle school, okay? Cause at the end of the day, you don't even know how I perform at the game.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Speaking for myself, my emotional attachment to playing the character I like is always refreshing with each new costume, especially when the ones I really like are available or announced to become available. That may sound weird to some people, but screw them. New, exciting costume keeps me goin'.

Doesn't sound weird to me. I understand the idea of it being exciting to get new outfits for your main and I envy you for it. TN seems to think that it's best that I don't even get to play my character at all. Therefore I have no exciting costumes to look forward to.

Of course, I probably would have just had palette swaps again anyway.

Let's not try to throw shade around like we're in middle school, okay? Cause at the end of the day, you don't even know how I perform at the game.

That's not even relevant to what he was getting at.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
-_- he used my name as troll attempt to get at the fact that people keep asking for fanservice. How in the absolute fuck, does that have to do with me?

I meant that TRI Mike "not knowing how you perform at the game" isn't relevant to his point. He was simply stating that TN adding the costume you want would not make you play any better (regardless of how good you are now) and also likely wouldn't make you any more interested in attending tournaments.

D

Deleted member 473

I meant that TRI Mike "not knowing how you perform at the game" isn't relevant to his point. He was simply stating that TN adding the costume you want would not make you play any better (regardless of how good you are now) and also likely wouldn't make you any more interested in attending tournaments.

Its still shady regardless of how he said it. :confused:

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Awesmic said:
Speaking for myself, my emotional attachment to playing the character I like is always refreshing with each new costume, especially when the ones I really like are available or announced to become available. That may sound weird to some people, but screw them. New, exciting costume keeps me goin'.

I totally get it...
LeiFang in black leather shorts is proof.

Now about that ponytail..... >__>

Omegan Eckhart

People gotta stop referencing EVO as if only competitive fighters end up there. Street Fighter is considered competitive even though you get a fully invincible move that takes off half the opponents health bar for getting the shit kicked out of you and the reversal window is as wide as the Grand Canyon. As if that wasn't bad enough MvC3 is there and holy shit is that game a mess. MvC2 is "ultra competitive" and that game is known more for being a broken piece of shit than for having good game play.

My point is that it's not how competitive a game is that gets it into EVO, I doubt DOA3. whatever is was would have gotten there either.

D

Deleted member 473

My point is that it's not how competitive a game is that gets it into EVO, I doubt DOA3. whatever is was would have gotten there either.

My point also. And to note the FGC doesn't like 3d fighters like that, except for Tekken and that's mainly because the game has a huge cult following. For god's sake it got ignored by fuckin SMASH BROS! I think this problem is one of those things where we as DOA players should stop comparing ourselves to other fighters.

UpSideDownGRUNT

TECMO KOEI EUROPE@tecmokoeieurope 57 min
Regarding #DOA5P - Since Private Getaway Set (costumes + movie) was released for limited time only (cont..) #TKfamily

TECMO KOEI EUROPE@tecmokoeieurope 56 min
..the costumes in this set will be publicly released from July 17, you may download the contents (PS3 ver.) from July 17. #DOA5P

Yup... this either means a delayed release fr the Xbox fans or Xbox gets fucked once again (likely the latter) it really seems M$ are being stupid or Hayashi really doesn't like Xbox too much, good job after 5U I'll be getting future DoA and NG games on the PS4

Brute

Standard Donor
They really don't seem to be on the best terms with Microsoft these days. Several other developers have stated that Microsoft is difficult to work with these days (especially regarding DLC-type downloadable stuff), and that Sony is much more approachable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD