Which character will you never pick up?

Zekiel

I can understand that you find them boring, but I wonder what you mean by "special" ? Not only wrestling, lucha libre, xing yi quan, CQC are unique, but these character's individuality is what make them so special in a sense. They all have different playstyles..
IK that. Like i told you i dont care for there styles. @AkaShocka Lisa's not that epic compared to el blaze from VF. His style of lucha is better. He has better strikes that leave you at a constant disadvantage. They're way faster.He deals massive dmg for a lightweight. I would perfer him more.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I honestly like the whole cast ..
but ...
I have to say probably would not invest too much time and effort on Rachel and Alpha-152 at least not in their current state ... I feel they're a little .. well .. too easy to use in a way.

I prefer characters that require a little more skill ... like the whole rest of the cast .. lol (even though Gen Fu can be quite silly sometimes .. lol)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Characters I'll never pick up, hm...?
I don't like playing the bosses like :alpha152: and :tengu:. They feel cheap to me, so they are first on the list.
I also don't like the very heavy, slow characters like :Bass: :Bayman: and :leon:.
Some characters I just don't like, because of their "weird" fighting style: :bradwong: :lisa:
And there are some fighters, whose character I just can't stand. That being :tina: and for some reason :jannlee:.
Yeah, those are the 9 characters, that I probably won't ever pick up.

AkaShocka

IK that. Like i told you i dont care for there styles. @AkaShocka Lisa's not that epic compared to el blaze from VF. His style of lucha is better. He has better strikes that leave you at a constant disadvantage. They're way faster.He deals massive dmg for a lightweight. I would perfer him more.
Well, Lisa does great damage too, she has attacks that leave you at disadvantage as well lol. But yea in VF, other than Sarah, El Blaze is my main. If I had to choose between them I'd pick him.

Pictured Mind

I will NEVER pick up Lisa and Eliot.

Lisa because she has nothing that interests me. Absolutely nothing. Nothing at all. She's just not attractive in general.
And Eliot because, well, look at him. He's Eliot.

Last edited:

peachyO

it all comes down to character personality for me. if i can't relate to or empathize with a character, then i have no interest in playing them. so here is my list:

brad: drunken old pervert with a young boy fetish

alpha: cheap, worthless whore

the VF characters (especially jackie and sarah): i like DOA, not VF.

hitomi, lei fang, kokoro, lisa: nasal, squeaky little girlie voices, spoiled, snotty, immature little bitches. all basically different versions of the same character, at least in terms of personality.

jann lee: a hothead whose wanna-be alpha male tendencies are trying to mask a shortage in his jockey briefs.

ayane: absolutely arrogant trollop whose personality has no redeeming qualities.

rachel: a cheap dyke-asaurus rex who looks like sarah after 100 buffets and 2 gallons of 'roids.

Squizzo

Sorry but this is all wrong.

it all comes down to character personality for me. if i can't relate to or empathize with a character, then i have no interest in playing them. so here is my list:

brad: drunken old pervert with a young boy fetish
Not old, doesn't ever indicate that he has any attraction to Eliot and if flirting with girls makes you a pervert, then I don't want to not be a pervert.

alpha: cheap, worthless whore
Nothing to do with personality.

the VF characters (especially jackie and sarah): i like DOA, not VF.

hitomi, lei fang, kokoro, lisa: nasal, squeaky little girlie voices, spoiled, snotty, immature little bitches. all basically different versions of the same character, at least in terms of personality.
Don't know where to start here. Just not true at all.

jann lee: a hothead whose wanna-be alpha male tendencies are trying to mask a shortage in his jockey briefs.
Maybe slightly true but Bass is the most hotheaded wannabe alpha males going.

ayane: absolutely arrogant trollop whose personality has no redeeming qualities.
Yeah she's a little arrogant but Bass is even more so.

rachel: a cheap dyke-asaurus rex who looks like sarah after 100 buffets and 2 gallons of 'roids.

d3v

I honestly like the whole cast ..
but ...
I have to say probably would not invest too much time and effort on Rachel and Alpha-152 at least not in their current state ... I feel they're a little .. well .. too easy to use in a way.

I prefer characters that require a little more skill ... like the whole rest of the cast .. lol (even though Gen Fu can be quite silly sometimes .. lol)
Rachel loses out to the top tiers anyway. That said, I believe in the words of Tokido-sama - "it’s ok to have an easy character after all."

As for the topic at hand, I used to have characters that I said I'd never use, but I learned my lesson long ago and now keep all my option open in case I need to switch to a top tier or counterpick.

Argentus

I absolutely refuse to use any Ninjas, at all. A, I'm not a speedy player so none of em suit me. B, after years of raging at their cheap bs, I hate Ninjas in all games now and don't want to be a hypocrite. Sad part is I used to like ryu before they gave him teleports.

I was looking forward to another power character in Rachel, but after seeing that she's pure bs, not interested in her, either.

Bass and Bayman are too gimmicky for my tastes, and I don't like how they look with the 5 redesigns.

Eliot is an insult to men everywhere.

To be honest though, I have no direct interest in anyone besides leon and Mila. I recent picked up Christie for the helluvit, I like her new hair. Hate all but her business suit and cop costumes though.

But that's how I am in most games. Take an interest in one or two characters, then have zero interest in the rest of the cast.

SF: Alex and Elena.
BB: Makoto and bullet.
DOA: Leon and Mila.
GG: I-No and Johnny
Tekken: Bryan Fury
Vf: Vanessa
KoF: Vice and Vanessa
MK: Sheeva and Mileena
Skullgirls: Cerebella

No real interest in characters outside my mains.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Rachel loses out to the top tiers anyway. That said, I believe in the words of Tokido-sama - "it’s ok to have an easy character after all."

As for the topic at hand, I used to have characters that I said I'd never use, but I learned my lesson long ago and now keep all my option open in case I need to switch to a top tier or counterpick.

Its not that I would never use them ..
Its just that I find a more personal reward by playing a character that requires a bit more effort to win..

Also, I believe that by learning harder characters you are forced to use the whole mechanics of the game in order to win and not just rely on one or 2 gimmicks .. which helps with learning the rest of the cast on the long run.

its more of a personal satisfaction kind of thing .. (same reason I like Dhalsim, Juri and Hakan in SF4.. but I do use other characters)

Xernuht

- The Virtua Fighters. I've tried time and again, but I can't get around the fact that they feel... out of place, especially in mechanics. (P.S. F**k your just frames)

-Bass. I screw around with him now and then (especially for his mob lord outfit), but I've resigned myself to the notion that I just prefer spending more time trying to kick their teeth out than set up an F5. This also kind of applies to Rachel, Tina, Leon, and Bayman, but theyhave enough going in their strike game to offset that.

-Alpha. Boss character. Made of Jell-O. 'Nuff said.

-Gen Fu. I just don't understand how he works behind the controller, and his combo challenges don't help at all. Eliot gets a similar issue, but he's easier anyways.

-Kasumi. Hilariously, I understand exactly how you're supposed to pick up damage with her. I just don't like it. I will never advance beyond 'casual' with her, but I'm cool with that.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Bass and Bayman are too gimmicky for my tastes

GG: I-No and Johnny

Bayman is gimmicky but I-No is not? :v

She's essentially Rachel to the extreme, but harder to use. Mediocre everything except mixups. She gets you to block anything and you're stuck blocking her ridiculous, near impossible to block mixups. Get caught and you're you're getting combo'd and knocked down, stuck guessing her okizeme, which is also ridiculous and near impossible to block.

Argentus

Bayman is gimmicky but I-No is not? :v

She's essentially Rachel to the extreme, but harder to use. Mediocre everything except mixups. She gets you to block anything and you're stuck blocking her ridiculous, near impossible to block mixups. Get caught and you're you're getting combo'd and knocked down, stuck guessing her okizeme, which is also ridiculous and near impossible to block.

I-No attacks by playing her guitar, finishes with a full band rock concert, then takes her top off.

Rachel wishes she was that awesome. Also, unlike Rachel, I-no isn't a power cjaracter whose sole strategy is to spam one grab loop.

Plus its kinda funny that you go off at ino, but don't mention johnny, who IS gimmicky lol. Hell I only plqy him to troll people with coins.

Also, as for Bayman, I say that because all baymen I've faced just spammed tank roll leg grabs, and down grabs. Never played him myself.

S'wrong with Cerebella? :eek:

Nothing, she's the one.character I DO use.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD