Which character will you never pick up?

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Self explanatory really which character do you never see yourself using for whatever reason?

I hate many characters in this game because they can usually kick my ass pretty easily, but usually they have some kind of redeeming quality which means even if they annoy me and I down right hate their guts I'll still try them occasionally. The one character who seems to lack any quality I would like is Leifang, her voice,attitude,appearance, fighting style I'm left with literally no reason to pick her up. You would have to hold a gun to my head

Squizzo

Frequently Used - :bradwong::kasumi::momiji::hitomi::ayane::mila::lisa:
Occasionally Used - :ein::hayabusa::hayate::leifang::jannlee::christie::rachel::rig:
Rarely Used - :bayman::genfu::helena::leon::tina::zack::kokoro::eliot::sarah::jacky:
Very Rarely Used - :bass: Don't like his voice, personality or heavy grappling style. His outfits are pretty sucky too.
- :alpha152: No wake up kicks, no personality, no outfits and a weird fighting style.
- :pai: Feels too much like playing, VF.
- :akira: Feels too much like playing, VF and has impossible combo challanges.

Codemaster92163

Hate to say it since she looks so fun, but Sarah. She's wicked mix-up oriented and has flashy looking juggles (which is all I ever ask for in a character), but something inside me insists that I never learn her.

And then Mila. That bitch is just annoying.

Yaguar

Kokoro.
I've said since I was playing DOA4 I'd pick her up. I tried for about 10 minutes in 5 and got distracted. Ultimately I know that no matter how many times I tell myself I'll pick her up, it just won't ever happen.

Aspect

Tina ( Hate her personality), Bass( too slow imo), Lisa ( not a fan of capoeira), Alpha( transparent body is weird to look at), Brad wong (not a fan of his stances, Ryu (over used b/c of core fighters), gen fu(he's old :p), Helena ( not a fan of her Bokuho). and.... Kokoro... her commands seem so unnatural for me, its weird playing her. Also forgot to mention Sarah, I heard she was S tier in DOA5 so I tried her out, those combos just don't work with me.

Last edited:

David Gregg

I really like playing Eliot (main#1), Hitomi (main#2), Jacky, Jann, Lei Fang, and Ein the most. Those are the 6 characters I leave checked under random filter.

I almost never use Bass, Leon, or Bayman mostly b/c I struggle using most grapplers in general (with the exception of Tina and Lisa). I also don't like Akira b/c he feels too clunky and Alpha-152 b/c no wakeup kick and I find her annoying to begin with.

Dior

Lisa, Mila, Leifang, Ayane and none of the men, except Hayate and Ein, sometimes I use Hayabusa, just because he has the coolest throw in the game.

AkaShocka

Who will I never pick up? The low tier. I will stay with OP Sarah and Rachel and top tier Christie. LOL jk but I don't think I'll ever pick up Leifang. I don't know why.... I can do her combos but I just don't feel right with her...

KwonJigglypuff

In theory I will never exclude anyone, I want to do my best with all of them. Well actually, I'm doing good with all the characters - this means I can potentially beat someone good with all of them if I concentrate, I know their movelist and best moves very well, but that's it -, even Zack which is the hardest to learn on my list. I still have issues doing nice combos with him, I'm stuck with the same moves (4K2, 3P+K, 7P+K, P2KKKK, Zacku Beam, that's it).

Alpha is of course excluded from that list for the many reasons above, on this thread. And now that she has stolen that new ballet kick (9K) from the ballet fighter I had created for DOA6, it's even worse...

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Rachel, Brad Wong, and Tengu
I just don't like Rachel and her face is very unappealing to me. It's not a hate, it's just a distaste.
I don't understand how Brad Wong and Tengu play at all and I don't like them as characters as much either (they are interesting though). Doesn't mean that I don't want Tengu in DOA5U though!

Zekiel

Bass, Brad, Lisa, Elliot, Leon. Cant use these characters, there to boring for me. There's nothing special about them except Brad. But i just dnt caee 4 there styles.

KwonJigglypuff

Bass, Brad, Lisa, Elliot, Leon. Cant use these characters, there to boring for me. There's nothing special about them except Brad. But i just dnt caee 4 there styles.

I can understand that you find them boring, but I wonder what you mean by "special" ?
Not only wrestling, lucha libre, xing yi quan, CQC are unique, but these character's individuality is what make them so special in a sense. They all have different playstyles..

David Gregg

Hate to say it since she looks so fun, but Sarah. She's wicked mix-up oriented and has flashy looking juggles (which is all I ever ask for in a character), but something inside me insists that I never learn her.

And then Mila. That bitch is just annoying.

And then the biggest irony being you're one of the most lethal Pai players I've seen out there. lol.

Codemaster have you tried picking up Jacky? You could do some serious damage with him.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD