What grade do you have?

What grade do you have in DOA5.

• Total voters

Doug Nguyen

So what grades do you guys have. I know most arent even playing ranked since they take forever and they dont mean much this time around. Just curious to see what grades people have in DOA5 compared to other DOA's. Because to me DOA4's grade actually meant something if you didnt boost. I remember losing 1000 points for losing to people only one grade lower. Now i lose around 150.

DOA5- A+
DOA4- A
DOAD- F and proud (Didn't play online much)

Mavis

I'm an F grade in Dead or Alive 5 lol. I've only been playing simple matches though. God i wish i could transfer my simple match win percentage to rank. I'd be sitting at 67% win ratio if my simple matches were rank matches. I may have to start playing rank matches soon, can be very daunting being in a lobby filled with S+ and A+ opponents though.

CrimsonCJ

S-. Let me note that I am not that good, though I probably appear better online than I actually am. (I mean, I don't have a lot of offline play because I have no personal connections to FGC in Reno, just not where I am at in a few senses)

As I mentioned talking on the status updates, I got there mostly by clobbering lowbies. The streak bonus is significant (it caps, but it caps high enough that your total take is much higher than playing similar rank). You get in matches faster with a wide net (the real reason I beat these lowbies). But when I stepped into a lobby with FSD people today, I won a majority but nothing like the kind of dominance you might assume to rank up quickly. And even then, they wouldn't be wrong to blame some lag.

Doug Nguyen

S-. Let me note that I am not that good, though I probably appear better online than I actually am. (I mean, I don't have a lot of offline play because I have no personal connections to FGC in Reno, just not where I am at in a few senses)

As I mentioned talking on the status updates, I got there mostly by clobbering lowbies. The streak bonus is significant (it caps, but it caps high enough that your total take is much higher than playing similar rank). You get in matches faster with a wide net (the real reason I beat these lowbies). But when I stepped into a lobby with FSD people today, I won a majority but nothing like the kind of dominance you might assume to rank up quickly. And even then, they wouldn't be wrong to blame some lag.
Im sure your pretty good. Im pretty stuck at an A+.

CrimsonCJ

Im sure your pretty good. Im pretty stuck at an A+.

As I said, I basically got there rolling idiots. I'm not awful; I have played several really good players here and won, so I can't be total trash. That said, when Black Mamba and I have played, I have always cherished how thoroughly he trashed me with my own character. (And it was glorious and I loved every second of it). I think he's sitting at a low A at best right now? Total lack of time is the factor for that.

Zeo

S, though I don't consider myself at that level, I'll be an S+ pretty soon probably. Rank matches are easy to find and most people are easy to beat. I wish I could take my Akira offline...

I was an A+ in 4. A bit more of an accurate depiction of my skill.

Fastlane

E+ but I'm never doing ranked matches. Spend 99% of online time in lobbies trying to learn. Most of the players Iv played in ranked, even high ranked players were really bad and just used the same 4 moves over and over again. Pretty hard to get better playing people like that.

ChainCombo

With DOA5, B rank onto B+ by about 300 points. I don't really do lobbies much on account of most have piss-poor connections anyway, kind of odd because I play ranked majority of my time on the game and some of the people there are just as bad. Had great match ups and ones that were just... what the hell is that guy doing? I've played with Ayane before in DOA2:Hardcore and 3 but uhh... taking it seriously this time around so the "dos and donts" of her game are burned in my brain. Good but not great.

Dave

E. Would be a lot higher, but I tend to play quick match. Ranked is wonky. One time I'll get right in, the next it takes forever. Quick is well... quick.

Ghosty-J

I'm resting on a neutral D at the moment. Haven't played in a while, but I think I might be able to go higher.

I went as high as a B- in DoA4, but I'm fated to be forever C or lower in that game. I'm such a failure T-T

CrimsonCJ

E. Would be a lot higher, but I tend to play quick match. Ranked is wonky. One time I'll get right in, the next it takes forever. Quick is well... quick.
This PSN or XBL? On PSN, I found Quick to be borderline useless. Should I reconsider?

Mavis

Had great match ups and ones that were just... what the hell is that guy doing?
I get some strange opponents too. I was fighting one guy that would just stand still and do nothing. I slapped him around abit with my Kokoro then back stepped to see if he'd respond and he still did nothing. After the match i said "Did you let me win or something?" and he replied "No, GG"

.......Uh.. okay *leaves lobby*

ChainCombo

I get some strange opponents too. I was fighting one guy that would just stand still and do nothing. I slapped him around abit with my Kokoro then back stepped to see if he'd respond and he still did nothing. After the match i said "Did you let me win or something?" and he replied "No, GG"

Haha. I've had a few matches like that as well, except on the final round they'd go all out and try and beat me anyway they were able which includes spamming charge moves/teleports or mashing. That's when I have to shut them down and let them know I'm no push over and you're not going to step up and get cocky with me buddy. Lol.

LOL i hear that man hahaha

synce

If there's one thing I've learned it's that being a D rules and being a S sucks. There's nothing satisfying about S rank. You lose one match and it takes you 3 matches just to break even. Also it seemed like people quit lobbies more often when I was an S. I'm gonna try to stay below B

Doug Nguyen

If there's one thing I've learned it's that being a D rules and being a S sucks. There's nothing satisfying about S rank. You lose one match and it takes you 3 matches just to break even. Also it seemed like people quit lobbies more often when I was an S. I'm gonna try to stay below B
Seriously. I kinda regret even starting ranked matches. But now that im higher up, i feel inclined to continue. I miss being an F and beating high level players. Leveling up from an F was so quick and fun too.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I'm stuck at an A+ because playing Rank is useless. You're either going to wait 5-20 mins for a match or end up fighting some noob that only almost(or will) beat you because they have 1 bar.

Brute

Standard Donor
B because I can't find opponents using ranked match-up system.
Also, I don't get to play DOA nearly as much as I'd like.

Or maybe because that's where I belong. I dunno. Whatever.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD