Virtua Fighter vs Dead or Alive discussion thread

Blackula

Hmmmm DOA characters program into the VF engine?!? :eek: lets see...
DOA characters would have frame avantage, frametraps, etc...

No slow escape out of sit down stuns & more guaranteed options/set ups

No random bullshit

Deep competitive fighting system

No stupid guessing out of an stun game

DOA environments of course

Sounds interesting to me :)

DOA characters would also have a lot more natural combos, and would be able to punish a lot better. Some of their attacks would probably have to be sped up because a lot of the launchers in DOA would be way to slow to punish VF characters in their game. Heck, a lot of their frame data would probably have to change since they they are way too unsafe right now.

Also, they would be able to BREAK THROWS.

DR2K

I'd rather they add a few DOA characters in VF6. I'd like to see how the VF take on said characters.

TakedaZX

VF5 is almot as old as DOA4. I have no doubt Sega is going to milk VF6s titties dry for the same amount of time. Even with arcades aning, they're still alive and kicking in Asia.
Understandable. I'm pretty sure many would like to see a VF6. I know I would since it would really give a good reason to me actually buying VF5:FS since I want to get into it.

A new game could mean a new chance to create more characters on the VF side which could lead up to this crossover game, helping to level out the playing field when it comes to the equal representation deal.

That makes me wonder though about how the characters would even transition though. The biggest problem I see is the "mid to low" or "low to mid" mix-up ordeal. I noticed J. Kujo actually has some of these but the come after his charged attacks, but other characters like Pai don't seem to have any according to her frame data.

How could they work that out? Would they have to make a bit use of the Ex. High, Ex. Mid, and Ex. Low properties? Just a thought.

shunwong

From what Ive heard VF5FS is dead in Japan.

That doesn't mean there wont be a VF6 though. At least I like to think so.

Belinea

VF5FS's wall mechanics mixed with DOA's explosive/ breakable walls would be a sight to see. Also, if the hold system was dropped (as it should be) a lot of the DOA characters could probably just retain their holds in the form of 4P+K or something similar. And even then, it's not like every character needs counters anyway.

Blackula

VF5FS's wall mechanics mixed with DOA's explosive/ breakable walls would be a sight to see. Also, if the hold system was dropped (as it should be) a lot of the DOA characters could probably just retain their holds in the form of 4P+K or something similar. And even then, it's not like every character needs counters anyway.

I would make holds character specific. Those who have a current hold rating of 4 or 5 (Bass, Bayman, Gen Fu, Hitomi, Lei Fang, Lisa, Mila, Ryu, and Tina) would have holds. Those with 5 (Bayman, Lei Fang, and Ryu) would have holds for all 3 levels. Akira and Aoi currently can do this in VF. Those who have a 4 rating (Bass, Gen Fu, Hitomi, Lisa, and Mila) would have holds for some levels but not all. A perfect example of this is Pai in VF. She can reversal highs and mids but she doesn't have a low reversal.

Those who have a current hold rating of 3 (Alpha, Eliot, Helena, Kasumi) would have something.

To make up for not having holds, I would probably have some of the DOA character's moves have sabaki properties or instead of holds, give some of them parries or deflections of some sort. A lot of VF characters have sabakis so I would do the same for the DOA characters.

ShinQuan

I think its an awesome idea Blackula! Its hard to say when a game like this could take effect. While I personally am more used to DOA's system (VF5FS being the first VF I fully understood/played) I think it would be amazing and would fully support it!! Im just still holding out for how amazing Jean Kujo would look in DOA5 haha!

synce

I don't really care for crossovers outside of Capcom's VS games from the 90's. But I wouldn't find a few DOA cameos in VF6

d3v

If AM2 is developing the gameplay, Team NINJA should be the one doing the character models. I don't want to go back to chipmunk cheeks for Sarah and Pai.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I would be for it. But some of the string heavy characters like Kasumi, Alpha, & such if they were to be in it, their strings would have to be dumbed down a little bit. Characters like Lei Fang, Brad Wong, Tina, & on like that fit perfect with the VF cast.

Berzerk!

Also this should definitely be a PS4/NextBox game. So a lot more can be done with the models, and environments. I'd like to see a return of graduated floors like in VF3.

Who knows whether Sega is making VF6 already or not...

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Don't pollute VF with DOA trash. Maybe a cameo character or two but that's about it. I would love for VF to learn some lessons about flashiness from DOA though including, but not limited to, stage interactivity.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I honestly don't see this working at all. The two games are just too different to show justice. It would be a SFxT all over again except possibly worse. Only "possible" way I see this working is if they go the Fighter Mega mix route as someone said before that way people can play the version they are most happy with. If it was possible to have a few DOA characters in VF that would be fine. Having a game where you are forced to play with your character that is nothing like the game they came from is just asking for trouble. It's like how the Tekken characters in SFxT was made to fit in the SF universe. They don't really play anything like Tekken and that turned off a lot of fans. Also they would most likely have to dumb down some VF characters just so the DOA characters can have a chance in there universe. Changing frame data and all that can make a big difference. While everyone expected it to be a good difference there are always more chances that you are unlikely to be happy with the results.

I also don't think a community like this with the lack of support it has is ready for something like this. We already having too many "top" players who goes around bashing the game even though they choose to compete and all that other bullshit instead of moving the hell on and playing another fighter. As much as I love both the DOA and VF series I would have to say no to this.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD