Tomonobu Itagaki Latest News Thread

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
First childhood photograph of Tomonobu Itagaki:

Young Itagaki.jpg

Ninja Crimson Blog Part 6 is out and Itagaki is Back!

Awesmic

Standard Donor
These cryptic blogs are sounding more like they're piecing together ideas for fighting game stages so fantastical that you have to be drunk to suspend your disbelief.

And considering the standard DOA set for interactive stages, it seems like the natural evolution if that's the case. I want to make a video about this so badly, but I don't wanna jump the gun and mislead people either.

JVA

These cryptic blogs are sounding more like they're piecing together ideas for fighting game stages so fantastical that you have to be drunk to suspend your disbelief.

And considering the standard DOA set for interactive stages, it seems like the natural evolution if that's the case. I want to make a video about this so badly, but I don't wanna jump the gun and mislead people either.
How do you figure that?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
While I was searching around the site for old tech, I randomly found some thread pages in the site from a while back and found images like this one:

foundit.png

For anyone that mains those characters, do you still want Itagaki back? I mean lol. A part of me wanted to troll a bit since there is a bit of irony on users on wanting to have Itagaki return. Example, someone who mains only Momiji and has a profile picture of her wants Itagaki to come back and that he'll make Momiji better, only to find out that their hero is rather against the NG characters inclusion to be on the roster (mostly to avoid lore/universe reasons rather than just being thrown in the game). I just found it to be a deep inside funny is all lol, usually for irony. He doesn't mind if Momiji and Rachel got into the roster as long as the universes doesn't merge, but he probably wouldn't go out his way for them if he was still within the company.

The guy legitimately does not like Marie Rose and Honoka though.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
LOL I was wondering when someone was going to fish this up. The way I see it is you don't have to agree with God on everything, but Itagaki doesn't really like combined worlds. I always wondered why he couldn't explain further, but he has a reason for it that he does not disclose.

The way Itagaki sees Marie Rose and Honoka doesn't surprise me because they weren't his hits, and he doesn't understand them. At first, I expected that it had something to do with Marie Rose having a small chest but seeing as how Honoka has the biggest rack in DOA, I believe it would boil down to Itagaki believing that because they are not his "daughters" he does not care about them.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
LOL I was wondering when someone was going to fish this up. The way I see it is you don't have to agree with God on everything, but Itagaki doesn't really like combined worlds. I always wondered why he couldn't explain further, but he has a reason for it that he does not disclose.

A part of me believed that one of his reasonings behind it is because of the rest of the cast in terms of merging. The whole -world of power- thing he's got going on, which I just assumed he's talking about the power scaling. Technically speaking, the 4 main ninjas along with Rachel and Momiji are probably the only ones that can survive in that world due to being in a higher tier that isn't typical human normals, sure we can add Nyotengu and Phase 4 as well but that's just adding random equations. If you look at the roster in DOA (throw balance out the window for a minute) Ryu Hayabusa is canonically the strongest being in there and that man isn't even using his sword within the game (for valid reasons) and the stuff he goes through in DOA pales in comparison to his journey in NG (hardly anyone ever dies in DOA, in NG he actually kills people/fiends). Normally I also don't agree with most of Itagaki's philosophies, but there is some bits to where I also can't picture Hitomi or Leifang surviving a horde of fiends. You'd have to make extremely bad writing for them to make it work out. Sure the roster survived falling off a cliff in DOA, got hit with explosions etc. but most of it was all DOA just being DOA with it's quirks. It's an entirely different scale.

You could also say Ryu and Rachel nerfed themselves in DOA so that the rest of the roster can even have a fighting chance with them. I'm definitely on the side where if they get merged then cool, but I can see why it couldn't work for multiple reasons.

The way Itagaki sees Marie Rose and Honoka doesn't surprise me because they weren't his hits, and he doesn't understand them. At first, I expected that it had something to do with Marie Rose having a small chest but seeing as how Honoka has the biggest rack in DOA, I believe it would boil down to Itagaki believing that because they are not his "daughters" he does not care about them.

Dunno lol, the whole daughter shtick from him just comes off as bitter. Overall the guy lost interest in DOA years ago so he's probably in a better spot than working on DOA again.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
He said in EGM years ago he didn't believe he could make a better fighter or a more complete fighter than Dead or Alive 4. Pretty sure he's done with series and will not come back to it. I think some people fantasize about it, but the reality of the situation is that it would take a Christmas miracle for KT to trust him again after successfully suing the company in 2008 (or around that time).

TheHunterKiller692

The way Itagaki sees Marie Rose and Honoka doesn't surprise me because they weren't his hits, and he doesn't understand them. At first, I expected that it had something to do with Marie Rose having a small chest but seeing as how Honoka has the biggest rack in DOA, I believe it would boil down to Itagaki believing that because they are not his "daughters" he does not care about them. He said he didn't believe he could make a better fighter or a more complete fighter than [Dead or Alive 4]. Pretty sure he's done with series and will not come back to it. I think some people fantasize about it, but the reality of the situation is that it would take a Christmas miracle for KT to trust him again after successfully suing the company in 2008 (or around that time).
When that JustAScrub guy on Discord basically dropped the bombshell on me about how crappy DOA 4's "story" is, I knew that Itagaki is just refusing to admit "I could've done this so much better than the piece of shit I made." Not to mention, survival is too easy, if you know what you're doing.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
When that JustAScrub guy on Discord basically dropped the bombshell on me about how crappy DOA 4's "story" is, I knew that Itagaki is just refusing to admit "I could've done this so much better than the piece of shit I made." Not to mention, survival is too easy, if you know what you're doing.

I don't know who JustAScrub on Discord is, but what bombshell did he drop about how bad DOA4's story is when that seriously just sounds like a subjective opinion?

And what are you talking about with Survival being easy? The path to 100 for Tag (and especially Solo) are widely regarded as some of the toughest achievements of all time.

TheHunterKiller692

I don't know who JustAScrub on Discord is, but what bombshell did he drop about how bad DOA4's story is when that seriously just sounds like a subjective opinion?
He told me about how the everything up to DOA 4 is mostly just a publicly endorsed falsehood, sanctioned by DOATEC (including Victor Donovan himself, judging by Helena's dialogue in one of the cutscenes), the endings were just a cheap imitation of what Tekken already offered on the PS2, and it came across as a huge slap in the face.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
He told me about how the everything up to DOA 4 is mostly just a publicly endorsed falsehood, sanctioned by DOATEC (including Victor Donovan himself, judging by Helena's dialogue in one of the cutscenes), the endings were just a cheap imitation of what Tekken already offered on the PS2, and it came across as a huge slap in the face.

Sounds like you're just rehashing a subjective opinion to me. Cheap would insinuate that Tekken's CGI cut scenes looked better and they weren't even close.

TheHunterKiller692

Sounds like you're just rehashing a subjective opinion to me.
First off, when has "subjective" meant "wrong"? You sound like one of those liberals who wants to lock people up over memes that happen to be politically incorrect.
Cheap would insinuate that Tekken's CGI cut scenes looked better and they weren't even close.
Second of all, nice reach.

You tell me one single character ending in DOA 4 that is even remotely this good, visually and in terms of writing.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
First off, when has "subjective" meant "wrong"? You sound like one of those liberals who wants to lock people up over memes that happen to be politically incorrect.

Second of all, nice reach.

You tell me one single character ending in DOA 4 that is even remotely this good, visually and in terms of writing.

Visually DOA4's blows the quality of these away. That's just fact. Writing? Uh that would be subjective and dependent on many different aspects. I don't like any of it honestly.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD