"This ends now. By my hand!" Kasumi's DOA5LR Discussion Thread

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
6PP is :6::P::P:. The push back that it had kept her from being throw punished, but the push back was changed so now she can be thrown for being blocked at -8. So that's why it's a nerf.

6KK is :6::K::K:. It was -12, but now it's -7, meaning that if they block it, they can 5T (neutral throw) & you can throw break it. So it's semi-safe, a slight buff.

Last edited:

Chapstick

Holding down 9 works and makes 9P come out from teleports so you don't have to do 69P. In fact all you have to do if you're doing it over and over is hold 9 and press PK PK PK at the right times.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I'm streaming right now & I'll post the video of some stuff that I was checking. It was mainly her against Raidou. Raidou's important tools like 6PP & 4PK are safe, but if you SS them, he's launch throwable (236T). If you parry, she gets a guaranteed combo. Your speeds are beating him for the most part. With 3P which is semi-safe, you can use 3P of your own (or 4P or 6P) & out-prioritize his. Radiou hits like a truck though. He is also a Superheavyweight character. So all of the juggles you'll be using with be universals or situationals for the superheavyweight class. 6K PPKK will connect on him as a BNB, but does less than 66K~K 7K6KK. These are just some notes I thought would be worth sharing since the Raidou hype is there. I'm still exploring. Probably will focus more on her changes & what else she got in the patch, but I feel like she's more or less the same atm.
http://www.twitch.tv/jde_

Edit: on the Danger Zone, her 236P, 33P, H+K,& 7K relaunches for more damage. That stage is crazy.

Last edited:

Zero Beat

Probably been said already, but whoever decided to change her Hoshinpo teleports from 6P+K to just holding down 6 deserves a boatload of cookies. That made her Hoshinpo follow-ups so much easier to use, especially 9PK.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I personally didn't find those juggles hard to do at all. If you did find them difficult, then the easiest way to use the dash (at the time) was changing your button layout to the P+K being either on the left or right shoulder, pressing F+LB/L1 or F+R1/RB, but yeah it's easier. I still use 6P+K at times, though, but moving away from it xD.

Soaring Zero

I never had a hard time doing the teleports save for the 9P after hoshinpo. I could never get the timing down to be able to do it consistently so it is a welcome change for me as well.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
More stuff on the Danger Zone. 6P6K, 9K, PP6P6K, 3H+K, PKK6K, KK6K, all bounces off the ground.

236T/46H/1T, you should use KK7K6 K PP6P6K for the ground bounce for a follow up.

4H+K 3P guarantees a launch depending on how you use it through the stun so you would get PP6P6K for a bounce.

I have some tech in general, but I'm trying to see if she gets more advantage from it than what I'm getting from the juggles before posting. Right now, I don't think it's really worth it.

Last edited:

Edmund

I'm new to Kasumi and need a few advice from you guys.

What are the moves you guys are using to get in?
I'm using a lot of 6P, 4PP, 66K, 66P, P+K,P.

What other moves of hers is good for poking and getting in? What are her good moves in general?

And is Kasumi used as a rush down character or turtle?

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I'm new to Kasumi and need a few advice from you guys.

What are the moves you guys are using to get in?
I'm using a lot of 6P, 4PP, 66K, 66P, P+K,P.

What other moves of hers is good for poking and getting in? What are her good moves in general?

And is Kasumi used as a rush down character or turtle?
She's offensive. She can't turtle, but she can space & counter poke. 4P, 6P, & 3P are all nice pokes along with their follow ups. 1P is a defensive poke. You can also outpoke with all 3 that I listed for the most part, but 4P is good when 6P isn't. 6P has a bit of hitbox issue against some character's moves.

Example: 6PK has nice reach for people who like to sidestep & people who attempt to throw a move on a screen with space in between you. It's also safe on block because of the pushback that it gives. It keeps you out of throw range. 4P also has enough reach against certain characters who have to come near you. 3K is another move that has some decent reach.

As for tools getting in, I normally use 66P, 66K, (both of these are whiff punishers) 66H+K, & 3P+K. 66H+K is to get a reaction out of your opponent. You want to see how they would respond to you when closing in so that you can have them respecting that you will use it; then you can move in with something else like 66K or 66P for instance. I usually inch my way in before I think to commit to any of these since she her range vector is in between close & mid range (just outside of character length). Anything just out of character length, I try to dash forward a bit or use 3P+K to get a little closer. Have to be cautious of how you use all of them because you can get counter blown.

Soaring Zero

Quick question about 66K. I know if you do both hits it leaves you open to a throw punish but is just the first hit unsafe too or does it just leave her at less of a disadvantage.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
66K is unsafe at -10, but most people don't throw punish it because of the recovery frames on it or fear the follow up from 66K~K.

Last edited:

XxSakuraLuvaxX

Pretty sure 3H+K variants don't guarantee ground bounces. (techable)
She can do a lot more, of course- just being flashy. I'd also post my video before this just don't want to self advertise lol

XxSakuraLuvaxX

Does anyone have info on her 66PP bug (or not a bug) where she teleports behind instead of usual? It seems like it could have a lot of potential if it was consistent.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD