"This ends now. By my hand!" Kasumi's DOA5LR Discussion Thread

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I know how to do it too, but you have to be on point. They probably won't take it out unless it becomes a problem

Chapstick

I imagine this has something to do with the stun change. Plus I was getting a lot of problems with attacks going sideways and completely missing the opponent in stuns and in juggles when the patch upgrade for the PS3 version came out (which probably also has something to do with the teleport coming out from behind). Haven't really had that problem on PS4 tho

Zero Beat

That is a hilarious bug. It feels weird having Hoshinpo go backwards. P+K also works out of the glitch, but it totally whiffs because Kasumi divebombs the wrong way. The glitch also does not occur for Phase 4, at least not with high hold after 66PP.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Alright. I've been working on it long enough. I have an unholdable in 4H+K. Basically, you can use a juggle with the ender of 9K (PP6P6K, 6P6K). Normally use it after the teleports. You'll have to work on the timing once they tech. The hidden advantage is +26. Lakanica helped me find it. He used a basically 236T juggle with 9K & found it. After that, I went to see which juggles would work for it with his help.

4H+K guarantees 3P, 3PP, P+K, 66K, 6KK, 4P, & 6P (inconsistent). You can do a lot from it in terms of setups.

4H+K into 4PP is a must-hold scenario.
4H+K into 4PK is a must hold scenario
4H+K into 3PP is a must hold scenario

While they don't necessarily go up to max level stun, you can still opt to CB or launch & take your damage (4PK launches). Still playing around with it, hope I find more on it, but that's the use that I have right now.

Last edited:

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
This (just frame) hold stuff is pretty annoying sometimes. Means you often still get less damage as reward although you were able to land a stun and the opponent does not hold / guess correctly in terms of defensive.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
Yes, I lost a bit of interest in Phase, now that she got buffed with Last Round.

It's weird but it feels more difficult to win a fight with Kasumi as with Phase now. I guess that's due to the lower damage she deals.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Also, On stage levels when you break the floor, since you're at advantage there, the unholdable of 4H+K is usable there, too. 4P2K, 6P2K, 3P2K, & PP6P2K gives H+K as an unholdable. I'm convinced that P+KP has to give her an unholdable option too, but I haven't been on the game to find anything else. I've been doing a research paper. I'll be back on tonight once I revise my paper & type 2 or 3 more pages.

Soon, more games will come into schedule, so a little less time will be devoted into DOA. I'll still be playing it for the most part with a lot of time put into it & contributing in anyway possible, still have some things that I'm working on for our Kasumi community, but MKX, SF (already been playing it with people involved in SF's scene), & also Tekken will have some time invested into when I get out of school at the end of this month.

DOA, MKX, & SF are my main games that I will travel for. I'm going to try to fit T7 in somewhere, but not sure how it will be managed. It may be an on-off thing with an occasional event here & there. I'm convinced that 3 games are it for right now, but we'll just have to see.

Allan Paris

This is so lame.

You are welcome. What would you guys do without me ;)
The juggles does 103 points of damage. At Max threshold you should always launch with that kick. It's free. I thought you guys knew that.

I guess that's due to the lower damage she deals.
She does not deal low damage. You just have know how to get to it. That simple setup in that video does 103 points of damage from 300. The next time you stun them they will hold more than likely. Then you drop them for another 100 points for throwing them. Now they are left with 100 points give or take a few points. They have no room for error. That is not low damage to me :confused:

Tempest

She does not deal low damage. You just have know how to get to it. That simple setup in that video does 103 points of damage from 300. The next time you stun them they will hold more than likely. Then you drop them for another 100 points for throwing them. Now they are left with 100 points give or take a few points. They have no room for error. That is not low damage to me :confused:
Kasumi does very respectable damage, but phase can do more.

UprisingJC

You are welcome. What would you guys do without me ;)
The juggles does 103 points of damage. At Max threshold you should always launch with that kick. It's free. I thought you guys knew that.

I know this juggle which has been available since vanilla DOA5. However it requires some accurate input timing tho.

Allan Paris

Which is why I said, "You have to know how to get to it." If you don't want the execution for it then you can't blame her. The damage is there.

Yeah Phase and Alpha-152 does more damage than her. Still, her damage is not on the low end and I was never comparing her to anyone else's damage output.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD