The Scrolls of Tenjinmon: Kasumi's Gameplay Thread

Allan Paris

What would you say her best interrupters are?

Any of her jabs: P, 6P, 4P, 2P. Something you don't want to do is put 7K on the scree to stop stuff, personally I have always found that scrubby, it's a dumb move to just throw out which is how most players use it. Appling it in between strings is a better use of the move, but I am pretty sure NO ONE does that with her. Simply because you have to know what strings have a big enough interval in between the moves for you to use it. That means doing frame data homework or a shitload of trial-and-error against all of the characters and their strings.

Edit: Also whats a good strategy against characters with parries? Should I play a bit more conservative and mix more throws into my offense in order to discourage use of them? What I've been doing is taking note of when they tend to parry, which is usually at small disadvantage, and respond with either a strike or a throw lol. That's a bit too risky for me though and I don't like getting the feeling that I have to guess every time I want to start an offense.

Welcome to DOA. This shit here what you have typed irritates the living fuck out of me with this game. There isn't a consistent way of punishing this bullshit-ass tactic. You are doing exactly what the game is designed to do, guess and keep guessing. So Keep doing what you are doing against characters who attack/parry out of slight disadvantage. Just don't lose the pattern in what they do. The only way of stopping it is finding out if the move leaves them at -6, then you can apply a neutral throw and force them to break it or take the damage. You'll cut out the guessing game of attack/parry. Anything less than -6 you are forced to play that mind game of attack/parry.

ErickBello

Ok, this is a noob question...
What to do when you are behind your opponent?

Because well, 9K not always is going to sucess.

Princess Kasumi

It seems that TN is taking her frame data back to what it s was in DOA4 for certain moves. 1PP and 4PP were both -10 in that game. I didn't know it was at that much of a disadvantage in 5 (-14) I just know it's unsafe as shit and still is even being at -10. It's funny though because every Kasumi player I play against will whore that move out as if it is safe, lol, I guess since it's online and punishment is not consist why not whore it out.

After landing 6PKK near a wall and it wall splats; pp6p6k is the juggle you should be doing. The recovery of the last kick will not allow Kasumi to do the juggle you kept trying and missing.
When i play against kasumi players, most of them abuse 1pp but since i know its throw punishable, i can punish it easily on 4bars. Yes online ranks are very pointless and makes no sense, there are millions of scrub players in ranked match.
I know I could have played better than this if I knew Mila's frame data.. when to throw punish etc.

thank u very much, didnt know pp6p6k would work, but it does less dmg. Kasumi's 1kk is also 10- on block.
many of her moves are throw punishable. 6pkk is also unsafe as hell. lol

Allan Paris

After 6PKK and it wall splats PKKK will work but the timing on it is tight and if the screen moves too much during the juggle it will miss. Yes, PP6P6K is less damage like 5 or 6 points less but it will never miss. PP6P6K has always worked from the wall splat of 6PKK.

Princess Kasumi

Okay so today I started to learn/ get into throw punish. This person had 4 bar. Its not that easy to throw punish when you play online because there is always lag. Like when u see me do 6pkkk on 0:10 then i wanted to do pp6p6k, but i typed the 1st p fast before i am able to use it... so it turned out p6pk, one of the reasons why online is so bad.

My doa friends on ps3 isnt good at this game, they doesnt throw punish me. I want to fight someone who can improve me and who takes this game more serious.

This kasumi player was totally a scrub. just like the rest of them.
So far 4h+k. 3k. 66pp~6p+k. 6pp. 66kk (2nd k). 4kk(leaves u in backturned 5-) all these moves can not be throw punished and i guess the rest of her moves can be throw punished.

Kokomi

Just wondering, I've been considering of picking up some fast characters and Kasumi's one of them in my mind.
Currently I main Kokoro and Hitomi and I have little experience from maining Kasumi almost exclusively on DOA2:Hardcore. Since then, I have not played as there weren't any DOAs meant for the PS console until DOA5.

If I were to pick her back up right now, what are the things I need to have in mind? Could someone highlight the core gameplay of Kasumi's? I am deeply intrigue by her fast jabs and her beautiful teleportation abilities and would like to have a bit of insight in DOA5's Kasumi before I start learning her moves.

Murakame

Just wondering, I've been considering of picking up some fast characters and Kasumi's one of them in my mind.
Currently I main Kokoro and Hitomi and I have little experience from maining Kasumi almost exclusively on DOA2:Hardcore. Since then, I have not played as there weren't any DOAs meant for the PS console until DOA5.

If I were to pick her back up right now, what are the things I need to have in mind? Could someone highlight the core gameplay of Kasumi's? I am deeply intrigue by her fast jabs and her beautiful teleportation abilities and would like to have a bit of insight in DOA5's Kasumi before I start learning her moves.

Shes a heavy pressure / rushdown character. You want to be in ranges where she can move in quickly and attack. Do not attempt to zone or space with her because her spacing tools are not that good. 66K has a terrible hitbox and whiffs on moves that have tech crouch capabilities. 3P+K and its followups are good ways to close the distance but if you abuse it or use it at the wrong ranges you'll start getting crushed out of her followups. 66P is a nice way to come in.

In close ranges use her speed and mixups to overwhelm the opponent. Keep them guessing by free canceling your strings and delaying them. Just remember when to respect your frames and block because she is hella negative on block so being an offensive clown is going to get you counter blown.

She is good at interrupting the opponents strings due to the speed of her strikes. Doing this when you are on the defensive is definitely a nice way to start combos. Her parries also work well and you can pick up guaranteed damage off of them when you use the right parry on the right move since they leave opponents in BT.

Allan Paris

https://www.box.com/s/s0cjigsy2uyaq3p4y3ae
Kasumi's frame Data for 1.03A
If it has errors, notify me before I post it on the wiki.

I don't know how you got these numbers but you need to look over all of them. In her P moves alone several moves have the wrong data, from the startup frames and I want to say the recovery as well. This data was never like this in any of the builds that were playable to the public.

Her P is 9i not 11 and I believe the recovery may be -3 on guard.

Her PP is 10i not 9.

4P is 12i.

33P is 20i.

8P is -5 on block. How are you getting +33?

8K is 12i.

Yeah, umm, If this stuff is off I know the rest of it is. I don't want to go though it all. I'll send you a message for the categories that are listed with frame data in this game. Then you can go from there.

ErickBello

I don't know how you got these numbers but you need to look over all of them. In her P moves alone several moves have the wrong data, from the startup frames and I want to say the recovery as well. This data was never like this in any of the builds that were playable to the public.

Her P is 9i not 11 and I believe the recovery may be -3 on guard.

Her PP is 10i not 9.

4P is 12i.

33P is 20i.

8P is -5 on block. How are you getting +33?

8K is 12i.

Yeah, umm, If this stuff is off I know the rest of it is. I don't want to go though it all. I'll send you a message for the categories that are listed with frame data in this game. Then you can go from there.

There is a Recovery Frame (on hit) and the Recovery on Block, so you might be confusing them
You have to take on consideration the 2 frame delay for hits and the 1 frame delay for throws. And it was my error not to mention it.
8P is -5 on block in the frame data and don't know why you said is +33
Most of the moves you mentioned are correct (except for PP) just they have their frame delay added so you don't have to add it.

But regardless, I accept that the list is not perfect at the first try and I personally try to get the correct data without the trouble of adding frames and extra data, so thanks for your support. :)

Allan Paris

There is a Recovery Frame (on hit) and the Recovery on Block, so you might be confusing them
You have to take on consideration the 2 frame delay for hits and the 1 frame delay for throws. And it was my error not to mention it.
8P is -5 on block in the frame data and don't know why you said is +33
Most of the moves you mentioned are correct (except for PP) just they have their frame delay added so you don't have to add it.

But regardless, I accept that the list is not perfect at the first try and I personally try to get the correct data without the trouble of adding frames and extra data, so thanks for your support. :)

That's the problem. You have the data under the wrong categories, why is the "Recovery on Block" in the "Extra Frame Data List" what is "Extra Frame Data" anyways? I sent you the categories in which this stuff should be documented, please use that to cut down the confusion. I know and understand this stuff in and out. Like I said, you have the wrong data for the lot of these moves. Even if the right data is in the wrong place the start-up of moves are wrong. It does not matter about the 1i of delay on throws or 2i on attacks. The frame data is still the same.

I am not trying to be mean to you but if you are going to post information on the game and characters make sure it's correct. Others will be looking at this stuff and the last thing you want is misinformed players.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD