The Official Dead or Alive 5 Tier List with Discussion thread

DR2K

40% = 120 damage

"Good Guess" is on Counter Blow? Hi-counter Blow? Throw? Full stun extension and launch? Stun>Launch?

Good guess can range from her BKO throw on hi counter damage into 4ppk 33p4p or general stun combo on launch.

It obviously isn't going to match someone like Mila or Jann, but she can continue pressure without dealing with the wake up kick with impunity.

Scornwell

The way I was looking at it, even if they did the same damage Mila can still keep Bass in a loop where Bass can't against Mila. Mila is also faster, and all her throws and holds put you in terrible situations, so I gave it to Mila.

I'd say her range and SS options are also better.
I won't argue that Mila has better SS options than Bass (heck, than most of the cast,) but could you explain why you think Mila's range is better than Bass's?
I haven't got the chance to really dig into Mila yet (which will hopefully be fixed soon) but I can't see what you mean on the surface...

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Good guess can range from her BKO throw on hi counter damage into 4ppk 33p4p or general stun combo on launch.

It obviously isn't going to match someone like Mila or Jann, but she can continue pressure without dealing with the wake up kick with impunity.

So both of those do 120 points of damage?

4H+K has enough speed and range to stuff everything all by itself.

Although I can see that as a viable option against other match ups, but against Bass... Bass isn't trying to go in, and if he is, he's expecting the 4H+K. At least in my experience in matches 4H+K does have a lot of priority but I respect it. Basically, in this matchup I expect Bass to out turtle and space Mila.

So again, I'm agreeing with her strengths you are listing, but I still think it doesn't give enough to make it past a 5-5 match-up on Bass' best day, and a 6-4 in favor of Mila on his worst. I may just need more experience with the match-up though.

DR2K

So both of those do 120 points of damage?

On Hi counter throw BKO + combo does around that, I'll edit with the exact numeric damage later.

EDIT: 96 points on hi counter. Closer to 30ish percent. Of course at worst after this she gets 4 frames of advantage, all the way to 24 frames on force tech. The most important part of the combo is the ability to continue pressure afterwards.

JAG THE GEMINI

Just who is weaker.. Hitomi or Hayate?

And would DOA4 Ein laugh at both of their DOA5 "incarnations"..?

Answer: Yes, HE would!

synce

No way Mila beats out Helena... a good Helena will crush practically every good tool Mila has, as for 3h+k Mila can be knocked out of it with any attack, I've even seen lows knock her out of it.

I think a good matchup for Helena is Alpha. Helena's force tech has no added effect on her, she can stuff bokuho with 6k, and play keepaway all day with 7p. 7pp should drive any Helena player crazy if they're whiffing attacks that lead to BT or BKO

Jefffcore

If you're getting crushed you aren't using her best tools.

Raw 3H+K wont work up close, no. I said at range. 3H+K is meant to interrupt/cruch up close.

ILYA✰

Haha some reduce it seems!

Im genuinely interested in your opinion about Christie.
How high would you guys place her? Mid-high? Mid-low?

She has some good tools in this version of the game, and she is more solid than in any of the previous games.
She is lacking in some areas though(damage output, lows), and always will be.

Jefffcore

I know it's vague, but right now I want to say Mila is top 3 after Jann and Lei. She has stupid tools, great damage, great set ups, and great range.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Guys, let's avoid asking and suggesting where a character's final placement is. That doesn't and hasn't contributed to helping formulate the tier list. I'm going to start deleting posts that are asking for such because it's what led to the previous thread.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Kasumi vs Christie: Kasumi has the faster jab. Christie fights low to the ground for the most part. Both have to stay in your face to be a big threat although Kasumi does have a few space tools that folks tend to overlook (like the hoshinipo dash with P or K) & then her 9P or 9PK with a few other options . Kasumi has the faster stuns. The stuns can open up several options for her to do.

Christie has the ground that helps her get in closer to opponents, but as far range, she lacks. Both are constant pressure character except for Christie is a little bit more at a disadvantage than what Kasumi is when blocking. Both are best when on the attack.

Although that Christie does get guaranteed damage after launch, Kasumi has the advantage here because she has the stronger damage output. But both of them are annoying up close.

Not gonna assume anything, but just though I'd give a matchup that seems like a hot topic to talk about because both of them are the speedsters in this game.

Note: Unless you're Mr. Wah , Allan Paris, CyberEvil, Rikuto etc, If you have a problem with this post, tell me why & more power to you, but don't base anything that's happened online or I'll dismiss your input.

DR2K

Kasumi doesn't have a faster jab, it may have more priority because it does more damage.

Roroko

Kokoro vs Kasumi

I think this match-up heavily favours Kasumi. Kasumi's speed is obvious, but I think she also has two other key advantages over Kokoro:

1. She can use that flip move (and probably some other tools) to maintain pressure after she's knocked Kokoro down. On the other hand, Kokoro doesn't appear to have any justifiable reason to risk Kasumi's wake-up kick. She has no mid or low crushes and her basic holds don't allow for any follow-up whatsoever, even if she guesses right. In terms of risk vs reward, I see no reason to risk a wake-up kick in exchange for some meager hold damage and thus, the only logical thing to me is to back off after a knockdown.

2. Kasumi can turn the momentum of the match around with her parries (and probably with some other holds too). Kokoro's defense is terrible. Again, she has no mid or low crushes and her basic holds don't guarantee anything - they just knock Kasumi back and down. Kokoro only has a i12 high crush.

So in other words, Kasumi can turn the match around with her defensive options and keep that pressure going while Kokoro would be hard pressed to fight back once Kasumi's in her face.

That's how I see it anyway.

Oh, and Kasumi also has access to the Y-axis :p

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD