The lack-of-stagger-escape glitch poll

Do you think the glitch is good for the competitive game?

• Yes

Votes: 91 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 29 24.2%

• Total voters

vINv

Well it makes sense i mean if more ppl are playing online then ppl that actually show up to tournaments then their gunna favor where the money is thats what it boils down to hence all the fan service dlc costumes for female chars and look at the pole for ppl that main female chars they know where the money is

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I agree, which is why I said I would remove any long winded posts from people who have no intention of playing this game competitively. Degalon doesn't, so maybe its time to make good on that.

Edit: Cleaned. And everyone was happy again.

vINv

This thread was infomative and its interesting learning from all of u but yes its getting ridculous bottom line is more people actually played at these official tournaments patch probally wouldnt be happening but there catering to the online crowd and not offline crowd because more people play online thats all their is to it thread has become pointless

Chaos

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Oh, and here is what happens when you ignore your good tools and try to play random.

You lose to a guy who wasn't even trying against you.

Oh, and your whole "no situations where someone can't fight back in a real fight" BS. Clearly you have never watched UFC fights where a guy gets clocked hard in the face, immediately goes down and gets pinned and can do nothing to fight back. And unless you were wearing a helmet, you're pretty much full of shit with your baseball bat story.
Raansu just shown soild proof lol btw if somebody swings a bat towards your head full force, YOU'RE DONE. Now back on topic.

Berzerk!

Correcting the notion that the patch is for the online crowd or offline. Wrong premise.
Its for both in different parts.

All if the balancing is so the game can play better competitively. Competitive means offline at tournaments.

The rest is bug fixes and streamlining online play. Everyone plays online when they can't play offline, but competitively speaking for the casual "online" player the competitive fixes aren't relevant so long as the game just works. Team ninja most definitely know that balancing needs to be done primarily for the competitive player. They do have an eye accessibility so casuals feel they can play too, but a good player will always have an advantage - so this is where the request to lose SE from sit downs comes from.

It grants competitive players a reward for landing the right moves and does not affect casual players who don't know how to SE anyway. Then you have happy competitive players who talk about it being a great tournament game and the general perception I Doa improves.

Then that's good for casuals too as more people play the game with its stigmas reduced.

TN need to bite the bullet on this.

lopedo

Correcting the notion that the patch is for the online crowd or offline. Wrong premise.
Its for both in different parts.

All if the balancing is so the game can play better competitively. Competitive means offline at tournaments.

The rest is bug fixes and streamlining online play. Everyone plays online when they can't play offline, but competitively speaking for the casual "online" player the competitive fixes aren't relevant so long as the game just works. Team ninja most definitely know that balancing needs to be done primarily for the competitive player. They do have an eye accessibility so casuals feel they can play too, but a good player will always have an advantage - so this is where the request to lose SE from sit downs comes from.

It grants competitive players a reward for landing the right moves and does not affect casual players who don't know how to SE anyway. Then you have happy competitive players who talk about it being a great tournament game and the general perception I Doa improves.

Then that's good for casuals too as more people play the game with its stigmas reduced.

TN need to bite the bullet on this.

Beautifully spoken, well written, factually impressive. You sure you play DOA?

P1naatt1ke1tt0

[Lack of stagger escape for sit down stuns] grants competitive players a reward for landing the right moves and does not affect casual players who don't know how to SE anyway.

This is actually brilliant. You are 100 % correct! Team Ninja needs to see this.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
i remember in the beginning this game had a casual and pro setting that was just for the camera/hit effects.feasibly could TN make it to where this changed all the stats,frame data,etc too? i heard earlier that one game had it to where you could play different versions of the game if they did that the East and the West players could stop bumping heads they could have their DOA4esque version,you would have your more competitive one,and the casuals wouldn't notice.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
i remember in the beginning this game had a casual and pro setting that was just for the camera/hit effects.feasibly could TN make it to where this changed all the stats,frame data,etc too? i heard earlier that one game had it to where you could play different versions of the game if they did that the East and the West players could stop bumping heads they could have their DOA4esque version,you would have your more competitive one,and the casuals wouldn't notice.

I wouldn't call it "East and West" exactly. From my understanding most of Asia agrees with us, too. It's just Japan.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD