The Fight Stick Thread

ScattereDreams

Not anymore than I mentioned, though since the Fusion comes dual-modded there's not much I'd need to do beyond what I am capable of.

I meant like art swapping lol. I could only open it from the bottom unlike madcatz TE I could just open the top and easily peel the art off.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I meant like art swapping lol. I could only open it from the bottom unlike madcatz TE I could just open the top and easily peel the art off.

Ah yeah that. You have to peel off the black stickers covering the screws for the top panel but it can be done. I haven't done it yet because I haven't had art made yet lol. Still waiting on that one.

EDIT: Why the hell can't I see this thread in the normal list? I can only get to it from my alerts. Very weird.
EDIT2: NVM, figured it out. That's a dumb caveat of the ignore system.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Ah, so you can't see threads started by an ignored user? that's interesting but understandable as to why.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Adding pics of the arcade stick given to the Dead or Alive 5 director Yohei Shimbori:

Casework done by nitewalker
Artwork done by extra0411
Crystal Clear JLF balltop by butteroj
Custom Dust Washer from art at tek-innovations
Multi-console mod by strogg

assembly by myself. Sanwa buttons and stick.

535337_635928108486_67502294_32690652_919837283_n.jpg

552085_635928138426_67502294_32690653_585837621_n.jpg

562896_635928148406_67502294_32690654_452450945_n.jpg

536813_635928173356_67502294_32690655_731219467_n.jpg
577556_635928198306_67502294_32690656_1494679726_n.jpg
580550_635928253196_67502294_32690657_1831072666_n.jpg
560307_635928273156_67502294_32690658_622824312_n.jpg
398982_635927913876_67502294_32690650_203883011_n.jpg

Pics from his tweets on @TeamNINJAStudio
ArIVuJJCQAAEMWy.jpg

ArIV5XMCEAA4amN.jpg

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Ah, so you can't see threads started by an ignored user? that's interesting but understandable as to why.

Yeah it's understandable. Not sure how you could get around something like that. I just un-ignored and I'll try to slow down the rate at which I get annoyed with people.

As for that stick, it's pretty awesome. Saw the original pics. Had no idea there was so much put into it though. Kudos.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Yeah it's understandable. Not sure how you could get around something like that. I just un-ignored and I'll try to slow down the rate at which I get annoyed with people.

As for that stick, it's pretty awesome. Saw the original pics. Had no idea there was so much put into it though. Kudos.

Personally, just curious as to what made you ignore Game Over? He doesn't seem like one of *those* guys I'd expect to be ignored.

Where can I get an official FSD stick Sorwah? :3
I provided the name of each person who worked on it. Most can be found on Shoryuken.

Allan Paris

Personally, just curious as to what made you ignore Game Over? He doesn't seem like one of *those* guys I'd expect to be ignored.

I was thinking of asking the same thing, earlier. I am itching to use this feature, though, I keep hearing how it's so good. I haven't came across the right person yet to use it.

On topic though, can that arcade stick be played with or, is it just for show? I know you said the start button is missing, or is it just in another place? Props to the people who worked on it.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
?

The arcade stick is fully working, and works for PC, 360, PS3, PS2, Xbox, Dreamcast, and PS1.

The start, select/back, and home/guide buttons are along the spine as shown.

The control panel template was based off the VLX pro design. but I moved the start button to the spine. instead of putting it on the control panel face.

Allan Paris

?

The arcade stick is fully working, and works for PC, 360, PS3, PS2, Xbox, Dreamcast, and PS1.

The start, select/back, and home/guide buttons are along the spine as shown.

The control panel template was based off the VLX pro design. but I moved the start button to the spine. instead of putting it on the control panel face.

Oh ok, I thought it was left out (do not ask why), I thought wrong, obviously. My bad.

Talim JP

Leifang practitioner
Premium Donor
Truly a piece of art and a one-of a-kind/unique/custom stick.

Love the wood case, see through ball top, FSD dust washer and that it works on pretty much any console!

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Shimbori agrees with you haha.

He was most excited about the FSD logo on the bottom from what I heard.

Game Over

I was ignored? Sounds like that should be an achievement, or be tracked in some way along with the other "stats"! lol

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
All right, so I've been struggling to learn to play on a stick for over a year now. I've been a pad player, specifically with DOA and, while I was comfortable with that, I'm sick of inconsistencies between pads and issues with them so something like an arcade stick that'll use the same parts from generation to generation seems more appealing to me and I'm forcing myself to learn to play on them. However, I just quite haven't gotten the hang of it. I've got two sticks in fact, both Madcatz TEs and I thought initially that my problem was the square gate, so I popped in an octo-gate into one of the sticks. That didn't really seem to help. The other stick is completely stock and I'm not really making progress on that either. I've also been seeing comments that "riding the gate" means that I'm "doing it wrong." So how do I do it right? How do I learn to use these things properly?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Don't play DoA with one, for starters. It's the only game I play on pad still. A good game to start learning stick on is honestly SSFIVAE2012. It uses the full, default arcade layout so your fingers get used to the layout thanks to movements making sense. It's all muscle memory. My execution improved dramatically in games like SF and Marvel almost exclusively because of the stick.

As for "doing it wrong," ignore that shit. I actually prefer square gates and all four of my sticks (my second eightarc Fusion arrives today) use stock parts except for battops, which I find improve my control over the normal lollipop style. Try moving to one of those and see how you like it. May be what helps you get comfortable on a stick.

ScattereDreams

I think it's just the more you play on stick, the more progress you make/get the hang of it. I don't think there's an actual "how to do it right" guide for stick beginners. I started SF4 on stick which was difficult, but the more I played the more I became accustomed to it. Then, Tekken which was more challenging (learning to BDC and, wavedash). Though, pretty much same idea. Just play on it, practice, and it should become 2nd nature after a while.

Though I will admit it never felt right playing DOA on stick, plus I have trouble countering at times. The only reason I have for playing DOA on stick from time to time is being able to quickly backdash cancel, and wavedashing. (I mean wavedashing with Bass and Tengu is just hilarious.)

Now I play pretty much every fighter on stick besides DOA.

Tenren

I could never play on stick till i picked up VF, I think it was more you had to do everything almost perfect. Since then Im just over all better pad or stick. But Im going to the dark side and building a hitbox this weekend. I been wanting to try VF on a hitbox. I think it will be interesting lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD