DOA5U The Fall Classic Results, battle log, and character usage.

Blackula

There should be 16 33rd places, not 8 33rd and 8 41st places.

1,2,3,4,5 (x2),7 (x2),9 (x4),13 (x4),17 (x8),25 (x8),33 (x16),49 (x16),65 (x32),97 (x32), etc.

Ufle

it was a real shame too see how calibur blade and lopedo did everything to win using alpha ..that character should be banned from tourneament...in my opinion the final should have been MASTER VS RIKUTO..they are REAL PLAYERS.calibur blade and lopedo are good players but they abused too much of alpha to won some mathces.i dont think they are true champions.my respect goes all to MASTER AND RIKUTO.they have used their main character from beginning to the end and they have not abused of alpha to won.!!!MASTER AND RIKUTO deserved to go to the final!!

David Gregg

^......

Abandon_thread.gif

Blackula

Pretty sure it's like this because of the pools being uneven.

Well with there being 93 people, of course they'll be uneven but that doesn't change how the bracket placements go. If someone ends up being 97th place when there was only 93, that means someone should have been moved to another bracket. 5 of the brackets should have had 12 people and 3 should have had 11 with 3 of the 12 man pools being in the top half of the bracket and 2 being in the bottom half. Should have at least looked something like this: 12, 11, 12, 12, 12, 11, 12, 11 Anything other than that and the results could end up being wrong.

And this is just me, but when it comes to brackets, I expect perfection and nothing less. I've been to many tourneys where brackets were just completely messed up. i.e someone using a 32 man bracket for a 38 man tourney instead of using a 64 man bracket and filling in the byes because he was too lazy to do it. If I see messed up brackets, I will have no reservation in telling you that your brackets are messed up and need to be fixed. If you're going to do something, do it right. But that's just me I guess.

Blackula

This tournament kind of solidified that DOA5 is an amazing game to watch, and the system is engaging as well. Though Rachel dominated, and I did grumble at any usage of Alpha, the pocket Momiji moments, and seeing characters like Jacky and Bayman in the fray was pretty cool.

I brought DOA5U out to our mid-week gathering and it caught the eye of some people.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Well with there being 93 people, of course they'll be uneven but that doesn't change how the bracket placements go. If someone ends up being 97th place when there was only 93, that means someone should have been moved to another bracket. 5 of the brackets should have had 12 people and 3 should have had 11 with 3 of the 12 man pools being in the top half of the bracket and 2 being in the bottom half. Should have at least looked something like this: 12, 11, 12, 12, 12, 11, 12, 11 Anything other than that and the results could end up being wrong.

And this is just me, but when it comes to brackets, I expect perfection and nothing less. I've been to many tourneys where brackets were just completely messed up. i.e someone using a 32 man bracket for a 38 man tourney instead of using a 64 man bracket and filling in the byes because he was too lazy to do it. If I see messed up brackets, I will have no reservation in telling you that your brackets are messed up and need to be fixed. If you're going to do something, do it right. But that's just me I guess.
I believe what happened was that there were a lot more on site registrations than expected and the staff was overwhelmed. Another reason why it's crucial to register in advance. :v

Katsu Hayami

Staff member
Administrator

I agree with you because I was in pool 1, it was completely filled, I got bodied, and I came in #89 which I'm not happy about because people with the same record as me or people that weren't even playing and got dropped placed higher. When I was running the brackets I noticed pools 7-8 had a crap load of byes.

If you noticed, FreeStepDodge wasn't the ones that did the brackets or streaming the tournament this time. Most of the stuff that was put in brackets were by TFC staff, if FSD was running it or if I was able to come on Thursday or Friday it would have been a different case. Anyone that registered on Saturday morning was sent to pool 1, when that was filled pool 2, then pool 3, etc. They didn't bother to put 1 person in pool 1, then pool 2, then pool 3, etc. Which really fucked up the brackets.

Zekiel

Wow sounded like fun. Def gotta check out the fights. Random question. How do you check out recently viewed threads. Because i dont see others. I just see the front page threads like this 1.

Ik there's more threads than this.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
i didnt play at tfc but watching it definitely made me interested. im picking up the game in a little bit. thanks for peaking my interest guys!

You're a SC player right? I think I may have saw your name in the SC tourney pool. DOA is a fairly easy game to transition from SC because of the relatively similar controls. Once you get used to how the Triangle System works I think you'll have a blast in it.

AVNjonnitti

You're a SC player right? I think I may have saw your name in the SC tourney pool. DOA is a fairly easy game to transition from SC because of the relatively similar controls. Once you get used to how the Triangle System works I think you'll have a blast in it.

yeah ive been playing SC for a while but lately ive been playing injustice. i recently got into dota and i realized how dangerous that addiction is right away lol. but yeah it seems a lot of sc players play doa and vice versa

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
yeah ive been playing SC for a while but lately ive been playing injustice. i recently got into dota and i realized how dangerous that addiction is right away lol. but yeah it seems a lot of sc players play doa and vice versa

I think that may be because DOA & SC are the only true 3D fighters in the sense that they have quite a bit of environmental involvement (i.e walls or ringouts) and free-stepping movement such as 8wayrun.

I transitioned from DOA to SC almost immediately. Just getting used to the wake-up kicks took a while lol.

As for DOTA, I, umm... won't make any comment =P.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD