The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kronin

Ha ha sorry I don't go on DOAW so I didn't know. I went there once and it ended HORRIBLY. I got into a lengthy "discussion" with a certain member who was in a pro-Tengu thread and he followed me over here to FSD where he irritated members for weeks on end. Thankfully he's been banned for a while now but I've been scarred ever since and wouldn't touch that site with a 10 foot pole. >_<

David, that member of DOAW was in no way the model of the standard user in that place. He had just started from few days to be a member of that place and had already started with nonsense as "All the male characters with the exception of GenFu could be cut from the game" in his status, and the funny thing that it wasn't a flame but just believing to get the support of people. DOAW is a peaceful place but just not populated and where the discussions about the game are almost exclusively on the casuals aspect of the game (I said casuals, not related to fanservice), things definitely far from the interests of the large part of the FSD memebers. When there is some arguing is always for the same reasons because happen there (for example the dislike of the last DLC packs) and definitely not because people start to defend nonsense arguments like what you had the misfortune to attend (this was also the only occasion in my "career" in that forum where I end to discuss not so nicely with someone, never happened me before).

I think, the DOA community got only what it deserves. ;) You were all crying, "cheating!" and "unfair!" and "popularity vote!" with the Facebook voting of last contest, even though many decent costumes eventually won, by designers from around the world and even for the male characters. Now you get boobs and ass, only by Japanese designers and only for the girls and you are again complaining?
And for the record, this time it was actually easier to cheat the way to the top, but no one ever knows, because the vote was done behind closed doors.

Tyaren I already said you that you haven't to get personally what people said here (because to me your post implied it): people are not saying that your entry wouldn't have won inthe first contest, just that would be silly to think that facebook' system allow a not influenced vote when the nature itself of a social network prevent the happening of it.

Personally I would have liked to see some male entries in the contest, but from another side I'm glad to see that Japanese people definitely partecipated more actively in this contest compared to the other one. Like I've said more times, if Japanese people (and of course not only them) love fanservice outfits, the problem is not to release them. What TN should so is instead to look for a middle way, a compromise satisfying all the fandom alternating the kind of DLC packs =)

EDIT:

My personal thoughts about the top ten:
  • I 'm definitely not surprised of Succubus Ayane being not only the most voted outfit for her but also the first in the list: good drawing, sexy outfit, popular Japanese theme and for one of the most popular characters of the game. EDIT: But I don't like it too much: the succubus theme is great on Ayane, but so made appear more an alternate bikini (the Helena's version is much better IMO, more detailed and more appearing a real outfit).
  • I love the outfit for Sarah wheil I don't like so much the outfit of Pai: the design is funny but with an excessive sexy factor for it: said this I'm really glad to see that VF character entered in the top 10 (but Kabuki Akira was awesome... :( )
  • Not surprised of Marie Rose's winning oufit (I didn't vote it, believe me XD) considering that TN is following a conservative path with her outfits and that so JP fans could wish something very different for her. By the way I believe that it's far from being vulgar, it was really possible to give to Marie Rose worst choices for making a sexy DLC, so in the end that it's a good outcome indipendently from my personal opinion. However other entries for Marie Rose in the contest were much better (I don't talk of my design) IMO.
  • No surprise about the winning outfits for Kasumi and Phase-4 (the most revealing and sexy for them), however the first one maybe it was really the most halloweenish for the kunoichi (even if not my favourite), while on the Phase-4's design were spent already too much words
  • I don't like the winning outfits for Hitomi and Kokoro, no offence for the authors of them or for the work spent on the designs.
  • Nyotengu outfit is beautiful and it's deifnitely the entry that make me more glad for its victory, said this I would have prefferred the victory of @Brute' s one (that I liked and I voted) just because the one following a theme (the brutal/warrior side of a Tengu) more unlikely to be followed by TN without fans pushing for it (differently from entries more elegant/sexy/royal).

Last edited:

Aerospark

Standard Donor
TowelMods_zps5b196e18.jpg

someone modded the 360 version o_o
ayane's ass crack. nope.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
We could always give DestructionBomb mod privileges while you are away. You know, to share the load.
share-the-load-o.gif

(Have fun, whatever it is your doing, while you are away.)

Believe it or not, I would actually follow the rules of a mod lol. The cost is that I may no longer have the right to troll. <<< Do you guys really want that to go away? No more doge pics, no more fake stages for me to upload here.

@Yurlungur & FP might like that idea. But damn....that means I would legitimately lose now lol.

David Gregg

Thanks for the results Tyaren. I knew they were posting the top 10 those two days. XD
My thoughts:
Ayane: Didn't pick an entry for her but I guess based on FB this shouldn't have been a surprise
Hitomi: It appears the creator of Penis Tie Hitomi (last contest) has finally succeeded. Mafia or Super Hero Hitomi would have been much better.
Kasumi: Didn't pick a Kasumi entry but I guess this one is all right.
Nyotengu: I didn't vote for this one but I'm happy that at least one entry that I actually like made top 10.
P4: Given the fact that this was her only entry and that ass window draws pervs from all corners of the internet this wasn't a surprise. :rolleyes:
Kokoro: I liked the pirate Kokoros a lot more but this one is understandable.
Sarah: One I actually voted for!! Good for that creator he has crazy talent. :)
MR: There's a lot of pervs out there...:eek:
Pai Chan: Ass window strikes again!
Lei Fang: This one is a hot mess. And with this halloween outfit Lei Fang again will not be able to see. XD

I think the real problem was not the new voting site but rather the ability to vote for an entry for each character. Next time if they make another contest you should only be allowed to pick 10 characters sort of like the 1st contest.

Derga

Mafia Hitomi, and Woad Tina (or whatever the entry was called) were some of my favorites in the female entries for sure. Shame they didn't make the cut in these votes. Who knows, maybe TN liked them though.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
It almost feels like only Japan's votes were counted. #conspiracy

Out of the 10 winning designs 9 are by Japanese artists and one is by a Chinese artist this time.

Last contests 10 winning designs were 50% from Europe and 50% from North- and South America.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I don't think there was any cheating involved (at least not to any degree that largely affected the outcome of the contest).

I think we were just outnumbered by chronic masturbaters.

The decent Sarah design is the odd one in the bunch though. It must have cheated it's way into the slutty top! D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD