The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Y'know how when Team Ninja keeps releasing those cut n'paste costumes across all the girls, or releases yet another swimsuit pack, or the ridiculous gravures, there's always some who will try to defend those actions by saying "Team Ninja has to do stuff like this in order to generate the money to give you stuff you really want like Tengu."

What you're arguing here takes away that one defense of TN's recent DLC staple. Especially if it just turns out to be a different version of Ayane.

Which is why I stated I would be somewhat disappointed if it was an Ayane skin or if it was a more human than Fiend Female Tengu. An Ayane Tengu-type costume isn't bad for continuity sake(Ayane did proclaim herself to be Tengu at her ending of DOA2), but at the moment, it would just strike a bad cord if they did that.

Still, I think Tengu has a chance. The theory that they could give an Ayane costume away for free with the purchase of Tengu is a good idea (and also partially covers what you said above about giving those who wouldn't look at Tengu something). Besides, costumes have changed hairstyle and even hair color before (heck, Ayane has blond hair for a costume in this game), so I really don't think it's ruled out as an Ayane costume yet.

Besides, Ayane is the "Female Tengu" and the only character with purple hair. Since this is apparently a purple-haired girl in a tengu mask, it's probably connected to Ayane somehow (ie. if it's not a costume, it's probably a clone of her mixed with Tengu cells or something, or just a clone in a mask, or an unknown second daughter of Raidou's or something).

And I'm not taking away that it COULD be Ayane, in fact, it would finally give confirmation that Ayane and Raidou really aren't full-blooded humans to begin with. I'm stating that at the moment, if it is just an Ayane costume(or a Shin-Oni version), people would be pissed that it's another clone character again.

Also, I would like to think that Team Ninja has the sense not to tease it's fanbase for a year with Tengu hints only to give them a scantily-clad girl in a mask instead of the real deal. That's just bad form and they know there are long-term fans they would be pissing off.

You mean most of the people here because again, I rarely ever hear anyone else actually being disappointed or wanting Tengu.

Kronin

And I'm not taking away that it COULD be Ayane, in fact, it would finally give confirmation that Ayane and Raidou really aren't full-blooded humans to begin with. I'm stating that at the moment, if it is just an Ayane costume(or a Shin-Oni version), people would be pissed that it's another clone character again.

Personally, with the DoA Dimensions canon, I think that there could be many explanations behind the character being a Tengu clone of Ayane (so not a trasformation of the real Ayane).
  • Ayane was controlled directly by Bankotsubo in DoA
  • Genra worked with the DOATEC
  • Donovan was showned to own an Hajinmon mask, as to indicate his tie with the clan (people think that the same Donovan could be Genra, but I exclude it).
With a little of fantasy these facts could be easily connected to a "Demoniac" Ayane (of course maybe with the addition that the same Ayane has particular genes just as the Mishima in Tekken).

David Gregg

My question is why does everyone assume it's Ayane just b/c she has purple hair? The character will have to be taller given Tengu's moveset which requires a longer reach, as well as wings in order to perform like half of his moves w/o looking stupid.

This is the Eliot incident (where everyone assumed it was Helena with short hair) all over again. -_-

Kronin

My question is why does everyone assume it's Ayane just b/c she has purple hair? The character will have to be taller given Tengu's moveset which requires a longer reach, as well as wings in order to perform like half of his moves w/o looking stupid.

This is the Eliot incident (where everyone assumed it was Helena with short hair) all over again. -_-

You're right, but the placement of this new character in the roster was able to give me the doubt that she could be an alternative Ayane.

Number 13

I'm not getting an Ayane vibe off her after carefully looking (hair and face feels off after comparison), but would laugh my ass off if that characters ends up being a dude. Don't underestimate the sneakiness of a bishe

Derga

Ayane has a history of being called the woman tengu, right down to the mask she carries on her in some of her costumes. The purple hair is just the tip of the iceberg. It's an easy conclusion to make.

Edit to clarify that I don't think she's Ayane, really doubt that this secrecy and hype is all for a costume. Who knows though. After that april fools joke...

gnooz

Okay lets be optimistic we never had Ayane clone finally this dream came true this is gonna be epic! TN saw jealous Ayane fans after Phase 4 release and decided to make Aytengu :)

David Gregg

TN may have taken the cheap way out with Phase 4 (which I'll let that one slide given that the Kasumi Alpha concept has been relevant in this game since 2) but I doubt they'd do it twice. If we have in fact lost our Bankotsubo (:() this character will most likely be a completely new model who will be taller, heavier, and slower than Ayane. That's my prediction at least.

Kronin

TN may have taken the cheap way out with Phase 4 (which I'll let that one slide given that the Kasumi Alpha concept has been relevant in this game since 2) but I doubt they'd do it twice. If we have in fact lost our Bankotsubo (:() this character will most likely be a completely new character model who will be taller, heavier, and slower than Ayane. That's my prediction at least.

It's that seems to much perfect: this new character will be very likely placed under Ryu, so we could get an eventual alternative Ayane and an alternative Kasumi (Phase-4) mirrored between them in the roster placement. And in turn this couple would be perfectly mirrored with the placement of the original Kasumi and Ayane couple.

But of couse I would have never thought to something similar if TN wouldn't have chosen to show a picture of a female tengu woman, so maybe I'm just paranoid :p

Last edited:

My Babenapes

Ok so here's my take on the female tengu. Its either Tengu's daughter, Tengu's female clone, OR its just ayane with a mask. I don't think they would release another clone after phase 4. If they do, TN is so freaking lazy lol.

Kronin

Ok so here's my take on the female tengu. Tengu cloned himself but as a girl OR its just ayane with a mask. I don't think they would release another clone after phase 4. If they do, TN is so freaking lazy lol.

If TN want release in any cases a character with the moveset of Tengu, doesn't make difference (from a lazy point) to give that moveset to a new model or to an old one. In the end the big work is on the fighting properties.

Rachel the fiend Slayer

It may not mean much, but if you compare Ayane and the female in the Tengu mask you'll see the female Tengu has lighter skin and has different lips
Box500YIgAA9D-Z.jpg:large
dead_or_alive_5_ayane_by_torker88-d5r2bzd.jpg

My Babenapes

It may not mean much, but if you compare Ayane and the female in the Tengu mask you'll see the female Tengu has lighter skin and has different lips
Box500YIgAA9D-Z.jpg:large
dead_or_alive_5_ayane_by_torker88-d5r2bzd.jpg

Hard to tell to be honest, the top picture shows a bright, lit up face and barely shows the lips. the one thing I did notice is that the purple hair on the top and bottom pictures is relatively the same length on the left side of the face. I think its just ayane with a mask :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD