The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Gregg

The 18+ thing is only in regard to characters who wear revealing costumes.

I don't think that's necessarily true. Eliot's age was listed as N/A in 4 and dimensions like the rest and he was wearing normal clothing.

I just think they don't want an underage fighter with the rest of the mature cast who are wearing seashell pasties and thongs with an in-depth photo mode.

Chapstick

Actually seems that the reasons for the higher price could be an increase of the taxes in Japan, but I don't know this with certainity.
I don't think $6 is a reasonable tax spike, stuff on the psn as far as I know isn't taxed (at least not where I live, even PSN cards don't have tax) but TN does have a habit of not adjusting prices for other regions like some other games do. The Neptunia games are pretty good with this, IIRC charging $6 for stuff that's ¥1000

Rachel the fiend Slayer

Yeah they could just list them 18, but it just seems lame to have everyone be adults, but I honestly don't think TN really considers their characters the ages they are now. And in no way is MR made to be 18 (14 is probably the highest).

By the way, do you guys think Ryu from Shenmue still has a shot?

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I would not call this normal
image.jpg

Rachel the fiend Slayer

I actually really liked that outfit on Eliot, it looked great on him.

Not that I want to return to this topic, but it's funny how the same people who want male fanservice complained about that outfit for Eliot and this for Ein

DOA5U_Ein_Halloween_2.jpg

Last edited:

Momiji-Baybee

No thanks, Ryo looks like he'd be lame

honestly just getting blase about all the frankly interchangable Sexy Sexy Girls! and want some variety.

There is nothing wrong with sexy girls in games. Besides no one wants unattractive girl(or in some cases guys) in their games.

Looking at the trainwrecks from MK9 and Injustice made me never want an unattractive female in any video game ever!!!!

lotr9690

unfortunately, studies rarely reflect reality. put em to work, they learn how to work. tteach em to drive, they learn how to drive earlier and less chance of an accident when they get their license. don't talk down to them as if they were dumb kids, treat em normal, if they can't handler it, they aren't underdeveloped, they're just a dumbass in that particular area. they are gonna get horny, its natural quit trying to demonize it and make them embarassed. so on and so forth. But that comes down to nature vs nurture. and no, I'd go gay for Leon lol.

I think we have a slight communication error haha. My post was not about teenage horniness -- horny teenagers are not on trial here! ;)

I'm just going to redirect back to my post. I think it says everything I need to say.

We live in a day and age where games with either all girl cast, most girl cast, or even a game like this with barely more girls is bound to get criticized and recieve hate for it. But it's rare to see people hate on games that are the same but with guys.

Just compare Senran Kagura and Jojo Bizarre Adventure (All stars battle). Both games have attractive fanserviced characters. And even though both games (and their anime's) have a big following, a game like Senran Kagura would get bashed on while a game like Jojo Bizarre Adventure wouldn't.

Male chauvinism is a disease that needs to burn!!!!

Oh my! Haha

There have been so many times that I've been ripped on at doaworld for making similarly frustrated comments. Trust me, I feel your frustration.

However, this is all I will say on the matter:

I think that both sexes in this game should be treated with equal consideration, especially when it comes to options. Equality is not sameness. That means I don't necessarily want to see Bayman in a torpedo v-thong. I'm saying, rather, that in conjunction with Swimwear DLC packs or... those fetish ones that the male cast get a male equivalent.

Example:

School Uniform Pack should have included some male gym teacher uniforms, a sharp looking Head Master Suit for Ein or Leon. Perhaps some wrestling gear. If they want to make it sexy, they can add a few suspender-singlets. It's a low cost move and they can package it together with the girl's DLC pack which would force you to buy both. Problem solved. It's really not that hard. I can do it from my computer. This is TN. They can just copy and past the same 3 uniforms on the guys. Bam! Equal consideration. Low energy. All the fans feel happy - maybe not about the laziness.

I mean.. Can you imagine if they released this game on the PC? We wouldn't need to have these discussions. We'd just be able to make our own DLC,

Argentus

No thanks, Ryo looks like he'd be lame

There is nothing wrong with sexy girls in games. Besides no one wants unattractive girl(or in some cases guys) in their games.

Looking at the trainwrecks from MK9 and Injustice made me never want an unattractive female in any video game ever!!!!
hmm considering all the "normal" girls looked like men anways, in MK9 I found Mileenas C1, and Sheevas C2, both in p2 colors, to be most attractive. in injustice, Regime Frost and Selina catwoman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD